Sportz Insomnia version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How exactly will the board be changed, on a pyshical standpoint?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some pretty good feedback I am seeing.

Not thrilled about the idea of adding any main page with Sports News. I think having a main page with automated sports news sort of defeats the purpose of our own members posting the news within the forum. Any forum I have ever been a part of in the past that had a main page...i just went right through it to the forum anyways.

Arcade's are lame & points aren't much of an incentive either. It's really a "death wish" to go from a non-points system to a points system. Just think about being able to have GFX made for free after all this time & then switching to a system where they cost members points to have them done.

I see Jarrod's idea though. Not a massive overhaul or anything, just look for some adjustments to be made. Other than a little condensing of Forums, the only thing we can do as members is step it up ourselves.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
Some pretty good feedback I am seeing.

Not thrilled about the idea of adding any main page with Sports News. I think having a main page with automated sports news sort of defeats the purpose of our own members posting the news within the forum. Any forum I have ever been a part of in the past that had a main page...i just went right through it to the forum anyways.

Arcade's are lame & points aren't much of an incentive either. It's really a "death wish" to go from a non-points system to a points system. Just think about being able to have GFX made for free after all this time & then switching to a system where they cost members points to have them done.

I see Jarrod's idea though. Not a massive overhaul or anything, just look for some adjustments to be made. Other than a little condensing of Forums, the only thing we can do as members is step it up ourselves.
Great points, I agree completely.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would love to have a points system!

And would we be clearing out all the forums or what? I'm kinda confused...

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
I would love to have a points system!

And would we be clearing out all the forums or what? I'm kinda confused...
No, all the threads would remain. They're talking about combining different forums and sub-forums.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh...... I think we should have a discussion thread for each team, like say:

Sacramento Kings Team Thread

just an idea

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score

just an idea
This might be something we should have a poll for? I'm not really sure where I stand yet.. I like the idea, but I'm not sure if it would work yet..?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's something that could be done -- was done when SI originally started, but over 75% of the team threads had nothing consistent.. that's why the general NBA discussion thread was begun.

there's only gonna be some tweaking -- just a fresh start.

this thread was to get an idea of things our members would like to see. then, we could discuss and decided past that..

i really would like a "new" starting point for this site to start moving forward, but it's gonna take an effort from more then a handful of people...

just keep the ideas and suggestions coming.. i plan on making a list in next couple of days and with a new skin coming around, things such as BAs, etc can be around the corner

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

just an idea
Yea I agree.
And I think everyone here would discuss in everyform so it's not like a certain team would be a waste.

izzi007

Reaction score
This is a great forum ans I am sure whatever you guys do will do only good. There is a great group of members here and that will help you become an even better site.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a great forum ans I am sure whatever you guys do will do only good. There is a great group of members here and that will help you become an even better site.
Yes the members are why I stayed active here and not the other sport stites I'm registerd at.

izzi007

Reaction score
The key thing for any forum is members. The stuff you have on the forum helps but if you have a good cast of members that enjoy talking to each other about sports and such.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There needs to be a hell of a lot more posting going on around here before we put individual team sub-forums under any one of the four major sports.

Jarrod is right & we have all seen it, the Lakers, Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Forums all have plenty of discussion going on...but the Royals, Bucks, Cardinals, and pretty much 80% of others have nothing but maybe one member (who happens to be a fan) just posting random topics in hopes to get someone else interested.

Too much wasted webspace to do that. If you guys want to align & chat about your favorite team...then start a thread.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
maybe only add logo link discussion threads for those that are specifically requested by our members then?

just an idea

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jarrod I can help with BA's if needed. I've been wanting one to happen for a while. I can do anything you want me to at all. I want to step up.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And If we do the BA, I'm always there when needed, could help run the pre-show

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jarrod I can help with BA's if needed. I've been wanting one to happen for a while. I can do anything you want me to at all. I want to step up.
I too have been wanting to step up.
And I think that V2.0 is my chance to prove it.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
look should be 1-2 new skins, re-arranging of forum threads.

BAs= Board Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%