Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now that former NXT head coach Bill DeMott has left WWE, some stories are starting to come out about him. One has to do with the NXT Takeover: R Evolution event that took place back in December. DeMott was the agent for Kevin Owens debut against CJ Parker.

The match we saw was the one that the three worked out. Between not liking Owens, the big guy, doing a flip dive and not wanting so many moves in the opening match, DeMott did not like the match.

Owens reportedly complained to Triple H about the match and Triple H just said to let Owens do what he wants. This led to a lot of jealousy due to Triple Hs talents that hes trying to build NXT around being able to do what they want while everyone else is micro-managed and told not to wrestle the indie style matches that get over.

i can totally see finn coming up soon. him and owens need to be called up soon. they need to capitalize on their stardom. zayn should be up too but he was 100% changed so his following wasn't as strong from the start.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they're going to have Owens destroy NXT for a little while more so he has even more credibility when he gets called up. They're going to push him to the moon. 

Balor is going to be an instant star. He's got the smarks behind him a ton, the face paint alone will win over the casuals. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I think they're going to have Owens destroy NXT for a little while more so he has even more credibility when he gets called up. They're going to push him to the moon. 

Balor is going to be an instant star. He's got the smarks behind him a ton, the face paint alone will win over the casuals. 
yea im fine with owens staying down but if he was called up, it'd work fast. im just worried about any of the nxt stars because vince will control them when they're up and none of them are his type of star.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True, but I think something can be said for nobody who's come up recently having as much backing from Triple H as this new breed.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Guid said:
True, but I think something can be said for nobody who's come up recently having as much backing from Triple H as this new breed.
Agreed. Vince has final say, but if history tells us anything, it's that if you're associate with Triple H, you're ahead of the game. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
vince has already said until he's dead, he's going to do as he pleases, even if he kills his fan base. idk if you guys read what josh matthews said recently but he was saying vince knows he's out of touch but is his universe and he can do what he wants.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just can't wait for the vignettes from balor. idk how they'll throw him into the main event but it should be argued that he belongs there.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
i just can't wait for the vignettes from balor. idk how they'll throw him into the main event but it should be argued that he belongs there.

Man he's gonna be fighting Curtis Axel lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:

Man he's gonna be fighting Curtis Axel lol.
hell no.

him and ko have the most main event potential down there. sami has some but he's gonna be on the same level with bryan and ziggler imo, lower main card, neville imo, is a mid card guy at best. most of the the guys will need to hope they catch on with the fans. baron corbin and bull could end up getting some main even love, baron more likely. im not huge on breeze but he could catch on, if not be lower main.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Corbin and Bull won't sniff the main event.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I totally get it. I dont necessarily spend my time watching programs that 6- to 10-year-old kids enjoy, so I get the need for different racy comedy and story lines. But at the same time I dont want to offend anyone in our audience so I do what I do to the best of my ability.

-john f'n cena

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Corbin and Bull won't sniff the main event.
they also aren't being called up anytime soon. as fun as nxt is, and as deep as it is, there really isn't a ton of guys that could be called up imo

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's speculation that Bull and Neville are getting called up because they were both left off the final taping before Mania. Not even a trace of them

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
neville has been rumored to be called up soon but until they run vignettes for him idk, same goes for bull. bull will need more hype. he could be put in a taz type of gimmick.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bull sucks, I imagine he'll just debut as a bodyguard or enforcer for someone.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i noticed that i forgot hideo. i like him a lot but idk how well he'd do, other than having a devoted fan base.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Spoiler on Plans for Rusev's Special Entrance

WWE has hired a local casting agency in the Bay Area of San Francisco and they are casting males to work as "marching Russian soldiers" at WrestleMania 31.

It appears Lana and Rusev will be getting a special entrance as Rusev defends the WWE United States Title against John Cena.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Get Putin to do guest commentary during the match, or at the very least the guy who plays the Russian president on HOC.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watching the NXT episode that went up last night. Alex Riley said "Kevin Owens fights for his family. I HAVE NO FAMILY!" I laughed a lot

Also, it's an A-Bomb, from A-Ry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%