New Direction at Sportz Insomnia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, as most of you know, I have not been as active as I have been in the past on this site posting. I try to do things as much as possible, but feel like I'm letting the site down.
Work has required me to do a lot more traveling, and the next year I might even be doing international traveling. It is taking up way too much of my time.

I let Marcum upgrade the site and work on some other upgrades, but I still feel like I'm letting the site down.

For those who don't know, I have been asking some if they would be interested in buying me out as co-owner of the site. I have broncos92's blessing, as long as he's been kept in the loop.

I had narrowed down to a couple of people, but have made a decision due to 3 main reasons:
1. he will allow all staff to remain on as
2. will stand back and just let current staff & members run site... for minimum 3 months
3. most importantly - will not merge it or move the site

I will remain on as a co-admin for time being until we get all the things I have planned until the end of the month

NOW.... my choice might not seem logical or happy to some, but this person has been an active member on the site since its inception, and actually outbid everyone I asked. I will be well compensated for the site, and will pop in every now and then, but will officially retire at the end of the month.
Eric has agreed to pay me in 2 installments for the site, with half being paid upon the completion of the upgrades I promise.

I am sorry if this upsets/offends anyone, but I really do feel Eric (Yanks) will do little to change the site, and keep it going for another 4+ years.
Yes, it's Yanks - and I know the backlash will be huge for some, but like I said he loves where SI is and plans on being, so he only has a bright future planned.

Thanks for everything, guys. If you would like to discuss here, please do so, but I have already made my decision and hope everyone remains on board for SI v3.0.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Riiiiighttt.... :rolleyes:

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol i've been waiting for the april fools. you do one every year j

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw this coming a year ago but why the F*** wasn't I asked about it??? Yea, I left the site for a while but you knew how to contact me Jarrod and you know that I would of put up my own money, in a heartbeat, to keep this site alive. I thought all the work I did as Co-Admin, much of it in your absences, would of made me the prime candidate...not to mention that as the 2nd oldest person (in age) on the site...and the most likely to afford something like this.

You right though Jarrod...ERIC!?! WTF!?! Seniority, yes, but this guy was the biggest problem child under my reign as Admin. I mean Maple, Rip, myself, Harlough, Cerron, f***...even an outside bidder...but ERIC!?!

This site will start to die a slow death. I seriously doubt Eric just sits back and allows sh*t to continue to happen. With all the enemies he's made & all the bridges he's burnt down, given Yanks THE authority is a match made in hell.

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
^Check the date on the calender my man.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw this coming a year ago but why the F*** wasn't I asked about it??? Yea, I left the site for a while but you knew how to contact me Jarrod and you know that I would of put up my own money, in a heartbeat, to keep this site alive. I thought all the work I did as Co-Admin, much of it in your absences, would of made me the prime candidate...not to mention that as the 2nd oldest person (in age) on the site...and the most likely to afford something like this.

You right though Jarrod...ERIC!?! WTF!?! Seniority, yes, but this guy was the biggest problem child under my reign as Admin. I mean Maple, Rip, myself, Harlough, Cerron, f***...even an outside bidder...but ERIC!?!

This site will start to die a slow death. I seriously doubt Eric just sits back and allows sh*t to continue to happen. With all the enemies he's made & all the bridges he's burnt down, given Yanks THE authority is a match made in hell.
Lol, cmon. You can't seriously buy this? I'm guessing you're just going along with it. ;]

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Lol, uhhhh, April Fools! ... right? AE would never blow up like that lol.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE - you haven't been around since mid February!!!

Eric and I have been talking for weeks about this -- Marcum even approached bronco about buying his share out.

I knew I should've waited to post this until next week, but since I'm not turning over antyhing until May 1st, I wanted to prepare the members. I'm sorry if this offends or gets people to say "yeah right".. But, it's the truth.

I've had admins who basically do nothing without being asked -- I cannot do everything myself and keep my sanity with family and work. I was trying to be politically correct in my initial post, but it comes down to that I'm so burnt out coming to SI and feeling like I'm doing even more work.

Eric has said he has no intentions to revamp the site or staff. He and I have discussed possible admin replacements, but that's it. Plus, he has money. Those who know him, know he has money, which was the only way I'd turn this over after 5 years of staff involvement on sportz insomnia.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wait...it is April 1st. Is this the old prank???

I'm all worked up right now Jarrod...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It has to be a joke. Jarrod's not mentally challenged.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yeah, he wouldn't go through all these upgrades to the site and decide to sell it to Eric a week later.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joke or not, anything that keeps SI up and running I'm all for.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope this is a joke. Jarrod knows AE or myself would be able to step in...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope this is a joke...i'm gonna talk to him personally about it later. I just talked to Yanks via text & he says "no joke".

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The year where we had the trolls was the best. This years wasn't that good. Not all that impressed. I was expecting a better one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%