NASCAR Discussion Thread

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
And... Jeff loses it coming to the finish line... That was nuts. Nearly had a heart attack with that finish. Him and Mark Martin worked so well all race.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I only caught the last 50 or so laps, and even then I really wasn't paying attention because of the Hornets game, but I did watch the last 5 laps. Jeff should have won that race, but Mark couldn't keep on his bumper.

I really wish Mark could have kept pushing, Jeff would have won. But I'm glad to atleast get a good run, he needed it.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Yeah, Dale Jr nailed Mark's left quarter panel so it got him all out of shape.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
What did you think of that finish Nola? lol. I know you're about the only actual fan here that I know of that watches the races to see that ending, lol.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol it was great, great for Nascar too. A basically no name (but the Nascar fan knows how hard Smith works and how solid he's been the past two years, this has been building up for a while) driver wins the race, and holds off one of Nascars stars. Smith actually won that race, he didn't just luck into it. Then two of Nascars premier drivers gets into it after the race, pure entertainment and that will be sure to draw the eyes of some people. Great finish!

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Lol it was great, great for Nascar too. A basically no name (but the Nascar fan knows how hard Smith works and how solid he's been the past two years, this has been building up for a while) driver wins the race, and holds off one of Nascars stars. Smith actually won that race, he didn't just luck into it. Then two of Nascars premier drivers gets into it after the race, pure entertainment and that will be sure to draw the eyes of some people. Great finish!
Completely agree with everything you said.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Jeff had a fast car at the All-Star race but it all went wrong with the last pit stop when Jimmie Johnson decided to run over a few of Jeff Gordon's pit crew guys.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch too much of the race, but I know he was running 2nd at one point in time.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a finish...wow.

600 miles and it comes down to Jr and Hamlin running out of gas. Wish Jr could have won it.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stenhouse Jr in his first race finished 11th, impressive.

Jeff, 20th...sigh.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The two winners today led a combined 3 laps lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
At least Joey Logano got 3rd out of the deal, I was happy to see that.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Luck...lol

Hate to see fuel cost Jeff a potential top 5 finish. He could have placed like 4th...

I don't get how he ran out though, he hit the pits during that caution when really no other leader did. Were they just worried about it going into overtime so they felt he had to come in? Same finish regardless.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How does Jeff have a fast car during all the practices but then qualifies 22nd? Damn, this crew chief thing aint working...

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
How does Jeff have a fast car during all the practices but then qualifies 22nd? Damn, this crew chief thing aint working...
I think going out late actually hurt him today. It was hotter and the track was more slick. I think he'll have a pretty good car for tomorrow's race or I at least hope. I'm not giving up on this new combination yet, I still think they are both adapting to each other.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think going out late actually hurt him today. It was hotter and the track was more slick. I think he'll have a pretty good car for tomorrow's race or I at least hope. I'm not giving up on this new combination yet, I still think they are both adapting to each other.
Sadly, I won't get to see tomorrows race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%