MLB Offseason Rumors

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Ken Giles is expected to be traded from the Phillies this offseason. With Craig Kimbrel off the market, Giles could be one of the best 9th inning men left on the market. The Red Sox gave two of their top prospects for Kimbrel, so the Phillies are expecting a big return for Giles.

catman

Reaction score
Not sure anyone will give up 2 type-A prospects for Giles. He doesn't have the pedigree that Kimbrel has. Giles will bring some value back to the Phillies, though.

Stray32

Reaction score
Tigers trade for a closer! Francisco Rodriguez from the Brewers, for minor leaguer utility guy Javier Betancourt - in the top 10 of our depleted farm system but still I don't mind that swap at all - and a player to be named later aka a young scrub. Was becoming obvious that we didn't have the prospects to get one of the big closers and the FA market sucks for that this year so I love this trade

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Tigers trade for a closer! Francisco Rodriguez from the Brewers, for minor leaguer utility guy Javier Betancourt - in the top 10 of our depleted farm system but still I don't mind that swap at all - and a player to be named later aka a young scrub. Was becoming obvious that we didn't have the prospects to get one of the big closers and the FA market sucks for that this year so I love this trade
K-Rod is really underrated. Pretty underwhelming trade for the Brewers but I guess it can be okay depending on who the PTBNL is.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Theo Epstein meeting with Jeff Samardzija tonight in Chicago

Would be awesome to have him come back and tear shit up after falling flat with the White Sox. Would love to get him on a shorter deal, but don't really want to see the Cubs overpay

BRAAP!

Reaction score
The Nationals apparently want to trade both Jonathan Papelbon and Drew Storen. Rumor has it they want to move both and then make a run at Aroldis Chapman

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
The Nationals apparently want to trade both Jonathan Papelbon and Drew Storen. Rumor has it they want to move both and then make a run at Aroldis Chapman
They've wanted to trade Papelbon since the moment he puts his hands around Harper's neck. As for Storen, he's solid but Chapman is better. Both are able to walk after 2016 and if it were me, I'd rather negotiate with the Cuban Missile.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Red Sox are poised to break the bank for David Price. Not much of a ahocker. A lefty fly ball pitcher should go over well at Fenway.

47th oG

Reaction score
[TWEET]673236334585192449[/TWEET]

@BRAAP! [MENTION=23]lilbravesfan22[/MENTION]

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
lilbravesfan22 said:
Wouldn't be the first time that has happened between Braves/Diamondbacks.
So the Braves turned 1 year of Heyward into 1 year of Shelby Miller, and 3 years of Pollock

Pretty damn good. Really hope Heyward leaves STL, that'd be fun

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
So the Braves turned 1 year of Heyward into 1 year of Shelby Miller, and 3 years of Pollock

Pretty damn good. Really hope Heyward leaves STL, that'd be fun
I mean it's not that definite lol. but for some reason I have good feelings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%