Lakers trying to get Melo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
This was obviously a ploy by Denver's FO to get the Knicks to offer more.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
This was obviously a ploy by Denver's FO to get the Knicks to offer more.
I agree 100% with that.

They know he wants to only sign in one place so they're trying to find a team that would take Melo as a rental to gain some leverage and get the Knicks to offer more.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have no doubt in my mind that melo and kobe would work, but i dont think it would work as a team effort. the lakers would downgrade for sure, even though talent wise theyre better. lol

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
i have no doubt in my mind that melo and kobe would work, but i dont think it would work as a team effort. the lakers would downgrade for sure, even though talent wise theyre better. lol
Lol you just contradicted yourself.

But anyways I don't see how this makes the Lakers better as a TEAM. Any good defensive team like the Spurs or Celtics would shut them down. You can't just have Kobe and Melo run iso's against those types of teams; it won't work.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont usually agree with DH, but he hit it on the spot. just Denver trying to hurry the Knicks up. get them to make a sweeter deal

Laker trades happen out of nowhere.
look at the past 4

Trevor Ariza for Cook/Evans. When I heard the news i was shocked
Pau for Kwame+/ extremely shocked. no one had any idea of this
Radmanovic for Adam Morrison happened on a Saturday, again, out of nowhere
and the one this season. DH you know. Sasha for Joe Smith. Just pop one day it happened.

and for the record, i would do the trade in an instant

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Lakers officials say they won't do this deal. They say they are being hurt too much defensively. They say they haven't yet given up on this year's core group winning another title. They say there's no way crown prince Jimmy Buss, who personally drafted Bynum, would ever want to deal him.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-20110209-14,0,6025845.column

I think ESPN is playing into this story way too much. Everywhere else you look it's either downplayed or just speculation and orgasm as to how great the Lakers would be with Carmelo and without Bynum.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i said i would do this trade in an instant
i change my mind

after next year they could get Dwight. though i love Melo, i'd rather have Dwight.
and by "could get dwight" i mean it's pretty much a forgone conclusion

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And would that bring you back to being a Lakers fan since he just dominated Blake Griffin?

Si3t3

Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-20110209-14,0,6025845.column

I think ESPN is playing into this story way too much. Everywhere else you look it's either downplayed or just speculation and orgasm as to how great the Lakers would be with Carmelo and without Bynum.
lol, totally agree with you, it has to be that.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
And plus I've read that the guy on the Lakers (i dont know his name and am too lazy to look up his name and position on the team) that drafted Bynum has absolutely no intentions of trading Bynum.

And Jim Rome said it perfectly -- To compete in the West, they need a big man in the paint. If they trade for Melo, they won't have that, and will be an even smaller threat in the playoffs when contending a team like the Spurs or Mavericks.

And now ESPN's getting another orgasm at Melo saying he would take a look at the Nuggets' extension if he isn't traded by the deadline -- and I personally think he's just trying to speed up the trade process. I think he's tired of the different rumors every day and is just trying to pressure the Knicks to put more on the table and end this little poem once and for all.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And would that bring you back to being a Lakers fan since he just dominated Blake Griffin?
gonna take more than that to make me not like blake

im just saying
i guess im speaking too soon as always
but dwight to the lakers isnt an absurd prediction

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm I still don't see how Melo hasn't been moved yet lol it's like the Nuggets just want more and more

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nuggets arent trading him

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm I still don't see how Melo hasn't been moved yet lol it's like the Nuggets just want more and more
when you bump these topics to keep the forum looking "active" you should really add something to the post. lol.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Nuggets are asking way too much out of the Knicks, from what I heard on SC This morning. Granted, I don't always trust ESPN that much when it comes to breaking news because they take one little statement way out of context, but this is sumtin different.

Ric Bucher was saying this morning that the Nuggets have been asking the Knicks for:
Danilo Gallinari
Landry Fields
Wilson Chandler
Timofey Mozgov
(I think he mentioned) Andy Rautins
Multiple First Rounders.

....and that is all the same package. Not a combo of those mentioned... all of 'em...

Now, PG Raymond Felton's name has also popped up and that the Nuggets would take Felton and give the Knicks Chauncey as part of a Melo deal, and Donnie Walsh wants nothing to do with that part of a deal.

But simply, the Nuggets want way too much and have 0 leverage -- they gotta find a middle ground, and think it will be a 3-team deal and be something like:

Chandler
Gallinari
First Rounder from Minny
and a 3rd player from Minny

and then Curry, Shawne Williams and Randolph would end up in Minny. Or maybe someone like Rautins instead of Williams -- idk, I think the Knicks end up sending a 3rd player to Minny to make them happy. That is of course if they even make the trade or decide to hope for the best come Free Agency time.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Donnie Walsh isn't stupid enough to give up Gallo or Fields.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Wtf I just read that this is the Rockets offer:

Nuggets get:
Budinger
Patterson
Brooks
Hill
Martin
Yao

Rockets get:
Melo (unsigned)
Harrington

:headsmack:

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nuggets are asking way too much out of the Knicks, from what I heard on SC This morning. Granted, I don't always trust ESPN that much when it comes to breaking news because they take one little statement way out of context, but this is sumtin different.

Ric Bucher was saying this morning that the Nuggets have been asking the Knicks for:
Danilo Gallinari
Landry Fields
Wilson Chandler
Timofey Mozgov
(I think he mentioned) Andy Rautins
Multiple First Rounders.

....and that is all the same package. Not a combo of those mentioned... all of 'em...

Now, PG Raymond Felton's name has also popped up and that the Nuggets would take Felton and give the Knicks Chauncey as part of a Melo deal, and Donnie Walsh wants nothing to do with that part of a deal.

But simply, the Nuggets want way too much and have 0 leverage -- they gotta find a middle ground, and think it will be a 3-team deal and be something like:

Chandler
Gallinari
First Rounder from Minny
and a 3rd player from Minny

and then Curry, Shawne Williams and Randolph would end up in Minny. Or maybe someone like Rautins instead of Williams -- idk, I think the Knicks end up sending a 3rd player to Minny to make them happy. That is of course if they even make the trade or decide to hope for the best come Free Agency time.
I don't see how the Nuggets could be asking for way too much if they're asking for anything other then Amare...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%