Lakers trying to get Melo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Chris_Broussard Lakers-Den in preliminary discussions of Melo 4 Bynum deal. early in talks, I don't think firm offer made yet. Minn-nyk-den still alive too

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yeah I just read this on ESPN.com

Not actually surprised by this. I know the lakers were brought up as a potential "rental" trade for Melo.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see him going to the Lakers...dunno just can't picture it.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love for this to happen of course. Even if its just a rental, the benefit outweighs the cost. I don't think it will, but it could also bring life to this team thinking they're about to shake things up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nuggets and Lakers have had preliminary trade talks centered around a deal of Carmelo Anthony for Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and has faint interest in Lamar Odom, according to sources.

A straight-up trade of Bynum for Anthony would work in terms of salary, but other pieces would likely be included.

Talks are in their infancy and Denver remains engaged with the Knicks and Wolves on a three-way deal.
Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Denver should try to get "down town" Shannon Brown.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
I'm not sure if losing Bynum is worth renting Melo to be honest.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im sure hed sign an extension in la. that would be his team when kobe leaves.

but they lose a lot of size for more scoring, i dont see this helping a title run.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
This is a backwards move for the Lakers, not a good idea at all. Hope they do it :D

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
im sure hed sign an extension in la. that would be his team when kobe leaves.

but they lose a lot of size for more scoring, i dont see this helping a title run.
You're sure? Based on what?

From everything I have read all Melo cares about is being back home and close to his family on the east coast.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
who wouldnt want to play for the lakers? thats what im basing it on.

if youre a superstar and have the chance to play there, you will. i really dont wanna hear otherwise.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
who wouldnt want to play for the lakers? thats what im basing it on.

if youre a superstar and have the chance to play there, you will. i really dont wanna hear otherwise.
Lol, that's just stupid. Plus Phil is leaving after this year.

Anyway's the reports are now saying the Lakers are only going to do this deal if Melo signs a 3 year extension. Makes sense.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats not that stupid, really.

same reason with players wanting to play in new york even when they sucked..

and who cares about phil? he plays better mind games then he does coaching these days.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
thats not that stupid, really.

same reason with players wanting to play in new york even when they sucked..

and who cares about phil? he plays better mind games then he does coaching these days.
You are crazy if you think that Phil doesn't matter but that's a whole other topic.

And at the end of the day, Melo still wants to play in New York. His WIFE Lala also wants to be in NY. Ask any kid that grew up in the New York area whether they would rather play for the Knicks or Lakers when the grew up; they will all say the Knicks. He's not going to agree to an extension with the Lakers, his heart lies in New York.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz has a point. LA is a huge market, up there with NY. Plus they are the defending champs of the past 2 years. Melo wants to be on a contender i'm guessing...LA would totally give him that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I do not see this happening at all lol.
Nor do I really think this benefits the Lakers that much.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is only 1 ball. This trade won't happen, and if it does it won't work as well as you might think it does from an nba 2k perspective.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is only 1 ball. This trade won't happen, and if it does it won't work as well as you might think it does from an nba 2k perspective.
Exactly. I don't think Kobe and Melo would coexist well at all. Plus no guarantee Melo re-ups. They are saying he wants to be "the man" of an Eastern Conference team.
I think the Nuggets would win the deal.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd do it if I were the Lakers, and I'd take my chances getting him to sign, because it'd be a lot easier for them to get him to stay in LA then New Jersey.. Andrew Bynum is constantly hurt and isn't even that good to start with.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I guess the Lakers said Bynum isn't going anywhere. And the Nuggets have no interest in Artest or Odom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%