Greinke to the D'Backs

47th oG

Reaction score
The Diamondbacks are pursuing Zack Greinke, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets. Two other NL West teams, the Giants and Dodgers, had been widely reported to be the top two contenders for Greinke, but it appears another team has entered the fray.

This offseason, the Diamondbacks have shown interest in a variety of starters, including Johnny Cueto, Kenta Maeda, Mike Leake and Shelby Miller, but it’s a bit surprising to hear that they’re a possible contender for an up-market option like Greinke. Obviously, Greinke won’t be cheap — MLBTR’s Steve Adams recently predicted he’d get a six-year, $189MM deal. That total would be almost three times more expensive the Diamondbacks’ largest-ever contract (Yasmany Tomas‘ $68.5MM deal, signed last November), and the team has recently expressed skepticism about long contracts for pitchers. They did, however, reportedly offer Cueto a six-year deal worth $120MM. Also, the Los Angeles News Group’s J.P. Hoornstra tweets that the team does have the money to sign Greinke.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/diamondbacks-in-pursuit-of-zack-greinke.html

Does Greinke end up in Arizona, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or elsewhere?

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
Per Rosenthal on Twitter.

I must say I did not see this one coming..

Stray32

Reaction score
Daaaaaaamn

Well he did say he'd go to whoever pays him the most

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
What the fuck honestly shocked lol

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Hes better off. Way less pressure in AZ and no zoo-like clubhouse.

Nonsense

Reaction score
I was completely surprised when I hear he chose AZ, but I think it does him a lot of good to go to a smaller market team. Dbacks have a good offense, and desperately needed the pitching help. Put Grienkie in as the head of the rotation and let Miller, Corbin, and company hash it out for the rest of the spots in the rotation. I would think be one to say that this makes them THE top NL team, but it puts them in contention to be legitimate contenders for a playoff spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%