Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I was the Hornets I would fly to LA and laugh in the Clippers faces for not including Eric Gordon.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd value the Minnesota pick over Eric Gordon.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's just so hard to know where that pick will end up though.

I mean it'll likely be a top 5 pick, but you never really know.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've heard they are offering Gordon + DeAndre Jordan...and probably the pick.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Paul will like be traded to the Golden State Warriors within the next few days, according to sources within the Hornets organization. Wonder why I say that? Among other reasons (Mr. Sources told me), they have supposedly been preparing biographies for players who would not be inbound if Paul weren't on the trading block. Why do that if you aren't preparing a trade?

The most likely team to acquire CP3, the Golden State Warriors, will reportedly offer Stephen Curry, Ekpe Udoh, and Klay Thompson as primary pieces of a deal regardless of whether or not their ownership is guaranteed that Chris Paul will re-sign.

That’s a big and bold move, especially considering Paul hasn’t given any concrete decision about playing out his career in the Bay Area. That said, presuming the Warriors acquire Paul before the 1st of January, they will be the only team able to offer him a max deal heading into his next contract. Considering his past knee injury, smart money says they get him and keep him if that’s the case, especially if they amnesty Biedrins and then sign Tyson Chandler as they would be expected to do.

Next up on the list, which would likely be the primary trade destination if CP3 convinces the Warriors there is NO F-ing WAY he would sign with them, is the Los Angeles Clippers, who will supposedly offer a package of Eric Bledsoe, Aminu, the 2012 Minnesota unprotected first round pick, and some package that either includes DeAdre Jordan and/or Eric Gordon and/or future draft picks. Presumably as part of any deal with the Clippers, the Hornets could acquire a number of future first or second round picks in exchange for either Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, or both. A third team would and should be involved if the Hornets are going to maximize their gain from trading a superstar such as Paul while removing quality veterans/long term financial obligations such as Ariza and Okafor from their lineup.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What I'm hearing in NOLA now is that the Hornets basically have a bidding war on their hands for Chris Paul. The Clippers are now really warming up to trading Gordon and Jordan, which they were hesistant to do before.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler needs to stay with the Mavericks. His best shot at winning another title is with them, not the Warriors or Clippers.

VC15

Reaction score
Tyson Chandler needs to stay with the Mavericks. His best shot at winning another title is with them, not the Warriors or Clippers.
The Mavericks won't win another title anytime soon. Everyone is bolting out of there.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
CP3 Update: Source close to process tells ESPN that NOR talks w/GSW "definitely cooling" because of GSW refusal to put Steph Curry in deal

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol what?

How could the Warriors get CP3 and not give up Steph Curry lmao

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if clipper land can deal eric and dj for cp3 and then sign tyson i think that team is better. maybe sign and trade tyson for kaman. saves dallas money in the long run and still gives them an upgrade over haywood.

lac could easily top golden states offer imo.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not buying that report from ESPN. Everything they've put out there so far is just trying to fuel the efforts to get Chris to a market like NY or LA. All the people I trust are still saying the talks are very real. This is nothing more than ESPN spin, just the sides (NO, GS, LAC, etc) trying to play games with each other to maximize (or minimize) their deals. It's like the lockout, teams are using the media to make it look like the sky is falling and putting pressure on the other guy.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im with the warriors

Chris Paul is awesome. best PG

but he's had some injury trouble recently and Steph is still very young and already a top 10 PG and is getting better all the time

once they get rid of Monta, he'll be even better imo

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i still think it would be a mistake

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clips and W's are also discussed in the link. here's the lakers
No matter how badly Paul wants to join forces with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, it seems clear that he realizes he can't get to New York via trade this season. As a result, his new favorite destination, I'm told, is the Lakers.

But what it would take to get him there remains to be seen. Lakers center Andrew Bynum is the prized piece because of his age (24) and, when healthy, his two-way impact, but he's not a good fit with incumbent center Emeka Okafor. The Hornets' veteran is owed a combined $40.4 million over the next three years and might have to be sent out (possibly to a third team) in such a deal.

Forward Pau Gasol is also believed to be in play, but the 31-year-old whose playoff performance raised questions about his game wouldn't fit as nicely into a rebuilding effort. Still, he's a four-time All-Star with good years left who has no shortage of value.

In much the same way as I was told "everyone but Dirk" is being made available by the Mavericks for Paul, the Lakers could find themselves discussing everyone on their roster not named Kobe.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/07/chris.paul/index.html#ixzz1ftsuRrnG

bill simmons had a good idea

Lakers get:
- Chris Paul
- Trevor Ariza
- Emeka Okafor

Hornets get:
- Andrew Bynum
- Lamar Odom
- Steve Blake
- Derrick Caracter

Additional Notes:
I'm not sure the Hornets would keep Odom here — they could spin him to, say, the Clippers (for Aminu and Ryan Gomes) or Minnesota (for Michael Beasley and Anthony Randolph).
Odom is attractive for that very reason. Flip him to a team. every team wants Lamar Odom. Hornets could get a nice player or 2 for him for sure. especially considering how little LO makes

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
odom for beasley and randolph? youre creazy if you think that can happen..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The ONLY way the Hornets and Lakers make a deal is if there is a 3rd team involved.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
odom for beasley and randolph? youre creazy if you think that can happen..
bill simmons thought of it

and it can happen
wolves love odom. they wanted him for beasley, remember those rumors around the draft?

randolph has potential, but as of now he's a scrub. he doesnt have much trade value. he's like sebastian telfair at this point

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Paul will not commit to signing a contract extension after this season with either the Golden State Warriors or Los Angeles Clippers if he is traded to either team by the New Orleans Hornets, citing the potential financial hit if he were to do that rather than becoming a free agent and signing a new deal with a new team next summer, according to league sources. That has left potential deals with both teams in limbo.

It was not known Wednesday if Paul had similar reluctance to sign an extension after this season with the Lakers, who are also involved in trade talks with the Hornets for Paul.
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/07/chris-paul-extension/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%