Chris Paul Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
This might be a little exaggerated, but I'm not sure it is all about winning.

I think it's more about the market size, the media hype, and the attention you get. The fact that you get to play with all your buddies just drives that even more.

I'm not sure your feeling on it, but do you really think if Chris Paul went to New York that team would have a legit chance at winning it all? Because I don't.
No.

because i saw what happened to the Knicks in the playoffs when they were injured. Absolutely no depth and it kills us. It kills us when Melo and Amar'e are on the bench for 3 minutes. The game changes so quickly -- so no, we won't win it all unless they bring in a bucnh of veterans on minimum over the next 3 years to fill out that roster.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
While Chris Paul's first choice may be the Knicks, sources say he is also open to being traded to the Magic and Clippers.

Paul can opt out of his contract after the coming season to become a free agent and the Hornets are considering trading him to help in their rebuilding process.
let the orlando super team rumors begin! jameer, hedo, and picks for cp3... or dwight for cp3 lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
let the orlando super team rumors begin! jameer, hedo, and picks for cp3... or dwight for cp3 lol
I heard something like Jameer, Redick, and Bass for CP.

I'd laugh at Orlando and hang up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea that isnt happening lol. they should fuck both of them up and deal dwight for cp3. lmao.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tell CP he's getting dealt to New York and when he signs the extension he finds out he just signed an extension for Toronto lmao

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Rockets, Celtics and Mavericks have told the Hornets that they are prepared to trade for Chris Paul without an assurance that he would sign a long-term deal.

Boston is believed to have the best potential offer out of those three teams since they would include Rajon Rondo.

Those so-called gambling teams would almost certainly beat any deal that the Knicks could offer, even though they are widely presumed to be Paul's preferred destination.
You can also add the Warriors and possibly the Hawks to those three teams also.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I think out of all those teams, Atlanta would be the one that would entice CP3 to stay the most without having him guaranteed to sign the extension assuming they don't have to give up Smoove and Horford. Playing with his hometown team, who he originally wanted to get drafted by to begin with might just sway him to stay.

He wouldn't be too much closer to a championship there though because of JJ's contract.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think out of all those teams, Atlanta would be the one that would entice CP3 to stay the most without having him guaranteed to sign the extension assuming they don't have to give up Smoove and Horford. Playing with his hometown team, who he originally wanted to get drafted by to begin with might just sway him to stay.

He wouldn't be too much closer to a championship there though because of JJ's contract.
I think Smith would be involved if the Hornets and Hawks struck a deal, they've been looking to move him for a while now.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I figured one would be involved but if both were involved they'd have no big men to speak of

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CP3 to Bawston baby

Look, i dont care if we trade for CP3 without an extension. If we dont trade, in 2 years we will be awful. If we trade and he leaves, in 2 years we will be awful. So why not go out to compete for a championship; extend the window.

Also, Boston will be one of the few teams in the FA Market next year that would be able to pull in 2 max contracts, and keep Paul Pierce.

If we can convince CP3 to get Dwight here.... its all over. (Which has been DA's plan for like, 3 years)

Look, were going all in, in my minds. Our window is quickly closing; might as well take another shot

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
not going to happen.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lots of talk of a three team trade between the lakers,magic and hornets. Lakers would get Howard and CP3 :eek: Kobe Howard and CP3 :eek:

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol no way. What would Orlando/New Orleans get?? 1 get Pau, 1 get Bynum???

No one cares about Hedo thats why Orlando wants to get rid of him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the Hornets or Magic will trade with the Lakers.

Of all the teams I've heard being interested in CP, Knicks, Lakers, Warriors, Rockets, Mavericks, Celtics, Hawks, and Clippers the Lakers probably have the least to offer after the Knicks.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i heard that the clippers have some of the best chances at either guy. lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think one of them ends up on the Clippers, though I want the Hornets to take the GS deal.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Hornets are collecting bids for Chris Paul from several teams and are expected to make a decision by Friday, according to sources.

Offers coming from the Warriors and Clippers are believed to be the most enticing to New Orleans' GM Dell Demps.

The Clippers would have to include restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan, Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe and the 2012 first round pick from the Wolves to acquire Paul.

Paul would reportedly prefer the Clippers over the Warriors because of the chance of being paired with Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.

Golden State is offering Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh to the Hornets.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports
if the clippers can land cp3 and they keep eric in that deal. wow

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I were the Clippers, I think I'd stay out of the race, and keep the Wolves pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%