Chris Paul Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With his future as a member of the Hornets uncertain, Chris Paul said trade rumors won't get in the way of his preparations for the upcoming season.

Paul worked out at the Alario Center on Thursday for the first time since last season in preparation for training camp that set to begin Dec. 9.

"I don’t think about it to tell you the truth,’’ Paul said, referring to the trade rumors.

"I’m just ready to get out here and compete. This is what I do. I have a very tight circle and they know this whole lockout thing has been driving my nuts. I’m just happy to get out on the court and compete.’
figured this one was needed since hes going to have a lot of topics.

funny how he says he doesnt think about it but he asks to be traded to the knicks. lmao

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Melo kept doing the same thing. he'll deal with this with management and doesn't want to talk to the media about it.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Chris Paul has reportedly requested a trade to the Knicks....

look, nobody is going to trade for CP3 if he wont sign an extention. Its now clear that by next season, Paul wants to be a FA.

If I were the Knicks, I would offer New Orleans Chauncey Billups and Iman Shumpert for CP3. CP3 can block any trade, so have CP3 tell the Hornets to accept the deal, because its the only deal he will accept. New Orleans takes Shumpert as more than nothing, and use Chauncey as expiring money the next FA for rebuilding.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

look, nobody is going to trade for CP3 if he wont sign an extention. Its now clear that by next season, Paul wants to be a FA.

If I were the Knicks, I would offer New Orleans Chauncey Billups and Iman Shumpert for CP3. CP3 can block any trade, so have CP3 tell the Hornets to accept the deal, because its the only deal he will accept. New Orleans takes Shumpert as more than nothing, and use Chauncey as expiring money the next FA for rebuilding.
You're a lunatic if you think that teams won't give up more than the Knicks can offer to rent CP3 for one season if they think he's the missing piece to the championship puzzle.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

he doesn't have a no trade clause.

Heck, Nets wouldn't trade for Melo without him guaranteeing to sign an extension, and then they traded for Deron without that same guarantee. There's no way to say another team won't do the same.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Hornets have talked to a lot of teams about Chris, him requesting a trade to NY is just laughable. I always thought Chris was a smart guy, but I guess not. I think the Hornets will just let him walk in FA rather than trade him to the Knicks for their scraps that go on our payroll for the next few years.

But still:

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/12/chris_paul_has_not_demanded_a.html
New Orleans Hornets guard Chris Paul has not requested a trade to the New York Knicks, according to two league sources.

A report came out earlier today on Yahoo! Sports saying Paul's agent told the Hornets the All-Star point guard wanted to be traded.

Several rumors have come out since Monday on his future with the team.

Paul said today that he was focused on getting ready for the upcoming season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Melo kept doing the same thing. he'll deal with this with management and doesn't want to talk to the media about it.
Even though his agent leaks this stuff on purpose to Broussard? He clearly wants it in the media.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even though his agent leaks this stuff on purpose to Broussard? He clearly wants it in the media.
I honestly think this is the NY media just forming rumors. Does Chris Paul want to go? Hell yes. But is he dumb enough to believe the Hornets would trade him to NY for nothing? I don't think so.

Not to even mention he on his own formed a player workout at the Alario Center today. If it wasn't for Chris Paul, the Hornets players wouldn't have gathered for that workout. So do you believe someone would go through the trouble of forming that (and future) workout and then request a trade right after? I don't. Makes no sense.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's pushing an agenda.

He's not a bad guy, and he appears to be professional, so he's not going to let his demands/wants let him tank a season or not give it his all with his current team (set up work outs, get ready, etc..), but it's pretty evident he wants to be on the Knicks, and I think he realizes the only way he can get a max deal with them is if he gets traded, so he wants the trade. Once he hits FA though, it's fair game, and going to the Knicks would be tough for him, because he'd have to forgo some money.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's pushing an agenda.

He's not a bad guy, and he appears to be professional, so he's not going to let his demands/wants let him tank a season or not give it his all with his current team (set up work outs, get ready, etc..), but it's pretty evident he wants to be on the Knicks, and I think he realizes the only way he can get a max deal with them is if he gets traded, so he wants the trade. Once he hits FA though, it's fair game, and going to the Knicks would be tough for him, because he'd have to forgo some money.
Let me just keep it at this, Chris Paul isn't really the Chris Paul we see behind the camera.

He was noticeably dogging it at times last season, and all the New Orleans media has talked about was how much he has changed since becoming friends with guys like Lebron. They say he's become a jerk and isn't even approachable anymore.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Thats not what I said. I said he doesn't want to talk to the media about it. He can have his agent leak w/e information he wants, but he doesn't want to sit there and talk to them about it. Because they'll never stop asking, so he'll constantly be answering the same damn questions. Easiest way to answer is just say he's focused on winning for the Hornets.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats not what I said. I said he doesn't want to talk to the media about it. He can have his agent leak w/e information he wants, but he doesn't want to sit there and talk to them about it. Because they'll never stop asking, so he'll constantly be answering the same damn questions. Easiest way to answer is just say he's focused on winning for the Hornets.
Eh, they'll still ask him anyway lol

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yes but it's easier for him to say that 1 sentence, that he's a hornet and thats all that matters right now, than talking about the trade rumors and who he wants to play with and for and who he doesn't want to and why and how and blah blah blah. It's easier just to have that one repetitive answer, and if the Media keeps asking because they think they'll get a good answer, then the joke is on them.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me about this whole situation is that you have someone (whether that's Chris, his agent, or the media) trying to dictate where he's going to play.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm hearing that the Hornets like Steph Curry and the Hornets have talked to the Warriors about a trade. They say that the new owner in GS is dying to make a big splash and they think they may be able to convince him to resign with them next summer.

I doubt (know that it won't) that happens, but it's nice to dream right? lol

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me about this whole situation is that you have someone (whether that's Chris, his agent, or the media) trying to dictate where he's going to play.
just part of the human condition.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well thing is, these guys all see 2 or 3 players go to play in one place. In their mind they have the upper hand over the next 4-5 years, so these other guys feel the only way to compete is to do the same in another big market. Thats just part of the human condition - wanting to win at any cost, and do it with people you are friends with.

The way I see it, I think it's better for the Hornets for him to do it this way. Otherwise he could just walk to FA, take less money as a Knick, and hornets fans would have been PISSED they never had a chance. That all along he wanted to go there, and they could have traded him for SOMETHING. Either way the Hornets fans won't be happy.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Two sources say Leon Rose never requested a trade of his client Chris Paul to the Knicks.

A report on Thursday said Paul would not sign an extension with the Hornets and that he is seeking a trade to New York.

“It is just rumors; you can’t control it,’’ Paul said on Thursday. “It’s always going to happen, and it’s part of the game. I’m just happy to be back with my team.’’

The Hornets still hope to sign Paul to a long-term extension, but have also listened to trade offers

Read more: http://basketball.re...t#ixzz1fNWusl6i
Still see him getting traded...

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well thing is, these guys all see 2 or 3 players go to play in one place. In their mind they have the upper hand over the next 4-5 years, so these other guys feel the only way to compete is to do the same in another big market. Thats just part of the human condition - wanting to win at any cost, and do it with people you are friends with.

The way I see it, I think it's better for the Hornets for him to do it this way. Otherwise he could just walk to FA, take less money as a Knick, and hornets fans would have been PISSED they never had a chance. That all along he wanted to go there, and they could have traded him for SOMETHING. Either way the Hornets fans won't be happy.
This might be a little exaggerated, but I'm not sure it is all about winning.

I think it's more about the market size, the media hype, and the attention you get. The fact that you get to play with all your buddies just drives that even more.

I'm not sure your feeling on it, but do you really think if Chris Paul went to New York that team would have a legit chance at winning it all? Because I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%