Carmelo Anthony Would ‘Consider’ Waiving No-Trade Clause

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Carmelo Anthony Would ‘Consider’ Waiving No-Trade Clause

If the New York Knicks are serious about making a change in personnel, then Carmelo Anthony is willing to listen and perhaps waive his no-trade clause.
Anthony says the ball is in Phil Jackson’s court.

Melo and Phil had an unproductive chat earlier this week, and the veteran forward is increasingly frustrated with the situation in Gotham:

“I think it will be more on the front office,” Anthony told Newsday this week. “I have the power, but still I would talk to them. We would be in communication if they feel like they want to go in a different direction, they want to start rebuilding for the future. If they tell me they want to scrap this whole thing, yeah, I have to consider it.”

It would be easy for Anthony, who signed a five-year contract in 2014, to look for a more stable, winning environment. But he said he doesn’t want to turn his back on his team right now, or make it all about him.

“It’s hard for me to think about that right now,” Anthony said. “When you’re in the middle of battling, whether we’re winning or losing, me personally, it’s hard to even sit down and say, ‘[Expletive] I want to get out of here.’ […] There’s a part of me that also would feel like I’m being selfish to the guys that are on the team right now, in the midst of us losing to just try to figure a way to escape from everything. For me personally, it would be more of something I would really have to think about and consider. Put it all on the table and figure it out.”
Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/carmelo-anthony-would-consider-waiving-no-trade-clause/#DckstA9QGk8dsR5S.99

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
“It’s hard for me to think about that right now,” Anthony said. “When you’re in the middle of battling, whether we’re winning or losing, me personally, it’s hard to even sit down and say, ‘[Expletive] I want to get out of here.’

right...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just read a report that after his meeting he said he wouldn't

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
No, I'm done with him. I don't even know why we wasted $$ on Noah. Just rebuild around Porzingis like literally any other team would do. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks would have such a bright future if they could get rid of him. Get a good first rounder and some young talent for Melo. Be shitty, draft a nice guard to pair with KP.
Noah's contract is stupid but we knew that the minute he signed it.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
F all y'all spewing Noah hate lol

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I keep seeing people say "Why don't the Cavs just send Love to NY for him? Who says no?"

.... The Cavs? Love is more efficient in every aspect of the game and averages nearly the same ppg as Melo does while he's the 3rd option and Melo is the 1st on their respective teams. And he does it more efficiently lol. Plus he's younger. And let alone from a "fit" perspective, it doesn't make any sense. I just don't get it at all...

Paulius

Reaction score
Completely agree. Not really sure whats with that melo to cavs hype all about either. Love has finally settled into his role and playing good basketball without any preassure compared to the past two years

Makes no sense for the cavs at all

Itd make more sense for him to go to the clippers imo

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Nobody has said Love for Melo once this year

last year, sure. haven't seen it once for this season

Paulius

Reaction score
Definetly heard it just like a week ago

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Love for Melo, Kyrie for Paul, Wade .. idk, buyout and for the minimum

Team Banana Boat

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Nobody has said Love for Melo once this year

last year, sure. haven't seen it once for this season
Definitely have heard it many times the past couple weeks.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
paulius said:
Completely agree. Not really sure whats with that melo to cavs hype all about either. Love has finally settled into his role and playing good basketball without any preassure compared to the past two years

Makes no sense for the cavs at all

Itd make more sense for him to go to the clippers imo

The thought is GS is better and if the Cavs want to win another title they need to add someone like Melo but not lose much. Frankly I don't see how it would work. Like you said, Clippers would be a better move. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%