BREAKING: Durant is a Warrior

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was pretty much embarrassed in that last Celtics series though, not 10 minutes away from another final appearance. 

BNC

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/750057056938389505

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't have a strong take either way, but I also don't see why I have to respect anything

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sports figures in general don't deserve respect from anyone.

I only respect lasagna.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I make big boy decisions like putting on pants in the morning, but am I looking for respect? No, it's just pants! 

Paulius

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

Lebron left a Cavs team that won 60+ games in back to back years.  Say what you want about the talent around him, he was winning during his first run with CLE.
Cuz he was the entire team lol. Dont even try to argue that he had players like klay steph green iggy on his team, come on

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Serious question, I didn't read all the pages here so maybe you guys already talked about it. But if the league knew Durant was going to Golden State, why wouldn't every other team not trade with the Warriors to make them unable to actually sign Durant?

I mean Bogut isn't going to make you that much better, if anything not giving the Warriors Durant would make your team better than trading for Bogut would lol. 

If I were the GM of Dallas there is no chance in hell I'd take on Bogut whilst helping the Warriors create a super team. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Warriors signing Durant meant they couldn't sign Barnes, the Mavs wanted Barnes, and they ended up getting a quality center out of it too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They can't honestly believe they have any chance to beat the Warriors with their roster constructed as is. Bogut certainly doesn't help their chances. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They can't beat the Warriors regardless, but does that mean they should not go after quality players? They have tickets to sell.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You think people are gonna show up because they brought in Bogut? There are probably other quality players on the trade market they could go after who wouldn't gift the other team Durant.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're ignoring that they got Barnes out of it as well. If everyone agreed to collude like you're suggesting, then the Warriors keep Barnes instead.

And yes, if the team is better, more people tend to show up.

Should the Pistons stop improving their team because they'll never beat the Cavs?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
You're ignoring that they got Barnes out of it as well. If everyone agreed to collude like you're suggesting, then the Warriors keep Barnes instead.

And yes, if the team is better, more people tend to show up.

Should the Pistons stop improving their team because they'll never beat the Cavs?
That situation isn't even comparable.
The Cavs aren't unbeatable. And no, the Pistons shouldn't help the Cavs by taking on a contract so the Cavs can make their team better. 

This would be like the Cavs for instance offering us Varejao in 2014 for a 2nd in order to make CAP space to sign LeBron. I would have been 100% against that. I'm not going to help my rival sign the best player in the league in exchange for a "quality center."

Also Harrison Barnes is trash.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So the Mavs should have just declined the opportunity to acquire two starters from a 73 win team, and just do nothing after Parsons left? All for the good of the rest of the NBA? 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
So the Mavs should have just declined the opportunity to acquire two starters from a 73 win team, and just do nothing after Parsons left? All for the good of the rest of the NBA? 
Yes because the Mavs should be in a full on rebuild anyways. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They could rebuild for the next three years so they can end up still not being able to compete with the Warriors, or they can continue to try to get better and put out of a product that their fans might enjoy watching, and go to games, even if they can't beat the Warriors. 

The only teams this decision actually mattered to are the Cavs and the Thunder. Cavs will find it more difficult to win in the finals, and the Thunder lost their franchise player. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't agree. I think the whole league is effected.

Stray32

Reaction score
The Mavs want to do right by Dirk so they're not going to go into full rebuild mode, and they took Barnes/Bogut because if they didn't some other team probably would have

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
BNC said:

I'm not saying you specifically are hating. I don't like the move either cause it's gonna make the league kinda boring but it's his decision and he has a right to play where he wants. And FWIW I think he made the right decision. But generally
speaking I think the people criticizing him for this are just wrong
I mean he did make the right choice from a basketball standpoint but I think he missed a chance to really make a mark by signing in Boston or for the LAC

CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't get how the league is boring now? Warriors/Cavs III is going to be sweet
Exactly. Unfortunately we have to waste our time with 8 months of games to get to that point

Mexi said:
thats 2 regular season games
And a *chance* at a series

What about the other thousand games

This
BrewCrewFan said:
Did you see his tweet about how teeming up with other superstars etc is lame? He's a big hypocrite for doing this which is a shame because he actually seemed legit about staying in a small market city
People change over the course of 6 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%