BREAKING: Durant is a Warrior

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
BNC said:
Yea people are calling him a bitch and saying they've lost respect for taking the easy way out, which I think is just ridiculous. That has nothing to do with the lack of parity we can expect as a result of this move
Well the lack of parity existed before this move, so I think it's fair to say the lack of parity gets worse in accordance with this move

I'm not hating on Durant one bit, I wish he went elsewhere but SF is my favorite city in the US so if I was offered a job there I'd move in a heartbeat as well.

BNC

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Well the lack of parity existed before this move, so I think it's fair to say the lack of parity gets worse in accordance with this move

I'm not hating on Durant one bit, I wish he went elsewhere but SF is my favorite city in the US so if I was offered a job there I'd move in a heartbeat as well.

I'm not saying you specifically are hating. I don't like the move either cause it's gonna make the league kinda boring but it's his decision and he has a right to play where he wants. And FWIW I think he made the right decision. But generally
speaking I think the people criticizing him for this are just wrong

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't get how the league is boring now? Warriors/Cavs III is going to be sweet

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't get how the league is boring now? Warriors/Cavs III is going to be sweet
thats 2 regular season games
And a *chance* at a series

What about the other thousand games

BNC

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
It's the fact that we have to wait until next June to get something that doesn't seem predetermined. Plus unless the Cavs make some moves I don't think they can compete with this team

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BNC said:
It's the fact that we have to wait until next June to get something that doesn't seem predetermined. Plus unless the Cavs make some moves I don't think they can compete with this team

Then it's no different that this past year's playoffs. Thunder/Warriors was a pleasant surprise, but we all had suspected Warriors/Cavs last year at this time, and we all were right

The rest of the playoffs sucked

Paulius

Reaction score
Well its gonna suck even more when warriors just blowing everyone out by the second quarter

BNC

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Then it's no different that this past year's playoffs. Thunder/Warriors was a pleasant surprise, but we all had suspected Warriors/Cavs last year at this time, and we all were right

The rest of the playoffs sucked
And now we've lost another Western contender

BNC

Reaction score
So I take it I'm the only one who respects Durant a little more because of this?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Respect? Idk. I still like KD
I definitely didnt think he had the guts to do it

BNC

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Respect? Idk. I still like KD
I definitely didnt think he had the guts to do it
And that's basically why I gained some respect for him, or at the very least didn't lose any. He did what he thinks will make him happiest without a care for what others are going to say/think about him for that and I think that's deserving of respect

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
And that's basically why I gained some respect for him, or at the very least didn't lose any. He did what he thinks will make him happiest without a care for what others are going to say/think about him for that and I think that's deserving of respect
If u look at it from that side then yea, but im strictly talking about basketball. Competition. Of course he can do what he wants and what makes him the happiest, but from a basketball stand point, to me personally, i dont like great players playing together. I wanna see them beat eachother. I woulda been cool with him joining the celtics, but why the team who just beat you? If you cant beat em, join em? I dont like to look at it like that in a competition. You gotta try to beat em man

EDIT: especially when you already have a contending team around you and you were so so close to beating them.

BNC

Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
If u look at it from that side then yea, but im strictly talking about basketball. Competition. Of course he can do what he wants and what makes him the happiest, but from a basketball stand point, to me personally, i dont like great players playing together. I wanna see them beat eachother. I woulda been cool with him joining the celtics, but why the team who just beat you? If you cant beat em, join em? I dont like to look at it like that in a competition. You gotta try to beat em man

EDIT: especially when you already have a contending team around you and you were so so close to beating them.
I mean, you're also kinda taking a selfish view to this. I, too, would like to see him go anywhere else for the sake of entertainment and really don't like the decision he made. But I can't act like he made a bad decision, he didn't, I probably would have made the same decision if I were in his shoes, he made the best decision to meet his goals and make him happy, good for him. 

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Did you see his tweet about how teeming up with other superstars etc is lame? He's a big hypocrite for doing this which is a shame because he actually seemed legit about staying in a small market city

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
I mean, you're also kinda taking a selfish view to this. I, too, would like to see him go anywhere else for the sake of entertainment and really don't like the decision he made. But I can't act like he made a bad decision, he didn't, I probably would have made the same decision if I were in his shoes, he made the best decision to meet his goals and make him happy, good for him. 
I mean im a fan of the game. Fan of basketball. Hes there to entertain us. So when he joins a 73 win team, its a bit frustrating from a basketball view.... but like i said, from the personal stand of view, of course, good for him and his family. This is strictly about basketball to me tho, nothing personal like that but i got you

Paulius

Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
Did you see his tweet about how teeming up with other superstars etc is lame? He's a big hypocrite for doing this which is a shame because he actually seemed legit about staying in a small market city
Exactly. Seemed legit for sure about staying in a small market, thats why its so strange that he would leave okc for a better team that just beat him 2 weeks ago

BNC

Reaction score
I mean im a fan of the game. Fan of basketball. Hes there to entertain us. So when he joins a 73 win team, its a bit frustrating from a basketball view.... but like i said, from the personal stand of view, of course, good for him and his family. This is strictly about basketball to me tho, nothing personal like that but i got you
And as a fan of the game (if I had no rooting interest in a title contender) I would be really excited about this for at least a year. It's not often you get to watch something like this, and the way they play will be incredible. It could get boring after a while though.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Btw he was winning in okc lol. Was one game away from the finals so thats a bad excuse. If he was on those lebron cavs with larry hughes and ricky davis then its understandle. Dude just bailed like a bitch

Lebron left a Cavs team that won 60+ games in back to back years.  Say what you want about the talent around him, he was winning during his first run with CLE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%