BREAKING: Durant is a Warrior

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bron went to a new team in an experiment. They werent on clevelanda radar at all

KD literally went to the team already better than him.
Just ugh. This isnt fun to me

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funnily a lot of the media is defending the move in terms of being good for the league, while saying in the same breath it's almost a certainty they'll win it all.
So weird. Sure a lot of people are going to tune in to see them play but that doesn't mean we'll get a better product.

It's bad when you're completely eliminating a contender instead of shifting it to another city

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guess there was something to all the KD and Russ spats through the years

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Funnily a lot of the media is defending the move in terms of being good for the league, while saying in the same breath it's almost a certainty they'll win it all.
So weird. Sure a lot of people are going to tune in to see them play but that doesn't mean we'll get a better product.
It's bad when you're completely eliminating a contender instead of shifting it to another city
new NBA motto: We are all Westbrook

Its good for the league in terms of new eyes

But otherwise im with you, just dont see how this is good aside from that.

Im not a soccer guy but it seems like theres only a few teams that matter and the top ones have the best players on them
This reminds me of that

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm happy this hurts Clay Bennett, fuck that guy

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Yea dude ruined the nba. Wonder how long it will take until everyones complaining how uncompetitive the league has become and how winning 80 games a year is gonna get hella boring

I've been complaining about the NBA lacking competitiveness for awhile. Basically since Lebron went to the Heat, and the Celtics got old, the East has been a huge joke.
Papa Pugzo said:
my favorite team wasnt winning a championship anyways. ill just sit back and enjoy good games.
Yeah that's what's wrong with the league, only 8 teams have a chance to really be good, and of those 8 only a couple are actually good enough to get a ring

Papa Pugzo said:
no. i was complaining that the playoffs take too fucking long.
Yeah that's another thing wrong with the NBA, especially with how weak the bottom few seeds are in the playoffs. First round is a waste of time.

buzzy said:
What's funny is that two teams had to fuck up a 3-1 lead for this to happen
Yep, those 2 series literally changed the landscape of the NBA for years to come.

nolafan33 said:
The real question for me is should I sell my tickets when GS comes to town or should I keep them for the small chance that the game is really good.

It's a good chance to see history. I mean on paper this is arguably the best team ever assembled.
Big Bid'Ness said:
If i thought all the "Warriors" fans invading the Barclays Center this past season was bad, man o man lol. Knicks tickets prices are about to skyrocket even more
Well Knicks fans gonna think they have a chance to be good anyways because they added Rose lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Could make a case this deserves a basketball reasons veto

Obviously i dont see how silver could tho. I mean he was a free agent

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Could make a case this deserves a basketball reasons veto

Obviously i dont see how silver could tho. I mean he was a free agent
Stop it

BNC

Reaction score
Reasons for hating Durant for this:

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I won't hate Durant as I did Lebron. As I said, Lebron set the precedent for this move

But the matter of fact is this just highlights many of the issues with the NBA today, and until those issues are addressed, the competitiveness and quality of the league as a whole will suffer. This will hurt the NBA more than it will help the NBA, and I think that fact is what disappoints people the most.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I won't hate Durant as I did Lebron. As I said, Lebron set the precedent for this move
But the matter of fact is this just highlights many of the issues with the NBA today, and until those issues are addressed, the competitiveness and quality of the league as a whole will suffer. This will hurt the NBA more than it will help the NBA, and I think that fact is what disappoints people the most.

So you'd rather force him to stay or what?

BNC

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I don't think many people at all have that line of thinking

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This move isn't going to set some new standard, though. Maybe it's bad for the league, maybe it isn't, but it's highly unlikely we see something like this happen again. At least to this extreme.

SO many things happened that led to the Warriors being able to afford these guys.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
that was my extreme, break in case of emergency, take

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They're heavy favorites, but they aren't unbeatable

Stray32

Reaction score
Maybe I'm the weird one but unless it's a ton of money I'd keep the tickets to see the Warriors come into town, not even for "seeing history" but just for seeing an amazing impressive team which if you're a fan of the game beyond just your team is always a good time

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

So you'd rather force him to stay or what?
I don't care that he left.

Like it or not this is the new NBA which was created as a result of Lebron's Decision and David Stern's incompetence

BNC

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Have you read this thread at all lol?
Yea people are calling him a bitch and saying they've lost respect for taking the easy way out, which I think is just ridiculous. That has nothing to do with the lack of parity we can expect as a result of this move

BNC

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I don't care that he left.

Like it or not this is the new NBA which was created as a result of Lebron's Decision and David Stern's incompetence
No, it's the result of a poorly constructed CBA and a number of events that can't be replicated. And you can't really blame the CBA on Stern when the owners got pretty much everything they wanted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%