Best 3-4 Combo in the League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Yankees 3-4 is definitley better then the Phillies.. You could pick out any combo of Teixeira, Cano and Granderson and it would be better.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Yankees 3-4 is definitley better then the Phillies.. You could pick out any combo of Teixeira, Cano and Granderson and it would be better.
Utley+Howard>Teixeira+Cano

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
How does Jose Bautsita suck? In the AL, he's #1 in WAR, RAR #1 in HR, #5 in RBI, #1 in OBP, SLG, OPS, OPS+, WPA, etc
You can't read.

He had a crazy first two months, he's a lot worse than the numbers he put up then.

Then he had a shitty month. Then he had a hot week and went back to being shitty, and here we are...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cano is a better hitter then Utley, and Teixeira and Howard are piratically a toss up, although I'd take Teixeira because he's a switch hitter. And I'm pretty sure Granderson hits 3rd in the Yankee lineup right now, and he's clearly better then anyone in the Phillies lineup right now.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Cano is a better hitter then Utley, and Teixeira and Howard are piratically a toss up, although I'd take Teixeira because he's a switch hitter. And I'm pretty sure Granderson hits 3rd in the Yankee lineup right now, and he's clearly better then anyone in the Phillies lineup right now.
Granderson hits #2, not #3

and just because he's a "better hitter', which he isnt necessarily, doesn't mean he's better.

ie, Pedroia>>>> Cano. At first, you think "wow, bosox is such a homer". Then look at the stats. Cano is better than Pedy at HR and RBI. But all of the important stats, like UZR, WAR, RAR, OPS+, etc, Pedroia dominates

Pedroia has a WAR of 6.2, 2nd in the majors. Cano has a 2.6 WAR.

my power rankings of 2nd baseman, based on actual important stats, is:
1. Utley
2. Pedroia
3. Zobrist
4. Cano

and there is a big jump between #3 and #4

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What the hell does Pedroia have anything to do with this?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Utley has been injured this year, but as a Red Sox fan I can say Utley>Pedroia.

So if Pedroia>>> Cano, then Utley is as well

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would rather have Cano or Utley over Pedroia any day. Just my opinion Utley and Pedroia are close though.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Tex bats third, A-Rod bats fourth.

Whoever else hits there is only filling in for A-Rod since he's hurt.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Just looked at Sunday's boxscore and saw Granderson. Personally I would bat Granderson third.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I would rather have Cano or Utley over Pedroia any day. Just my opinion Utley and Pedroia are close though.
and this is exactly what i'm taking about.

Pedroia has the 3nd highest WAR in baseball, and Cano is slated at 47th. Not to mention the difference between their defenses is ridiculous. Pedroia has a UZR/150 of 22.4. Cano has a UZR/150 of -8.1. Yeah, NEGATIVE 8.1.

Pedroia is miles better than Cano

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just looked at Sunday's boxscore and saw Granderson. Personally I would bat Granderson third.
Granderson is great at the #2 spot. He also benefits from having Teix behind him.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WTF is all these WAR CARS LARS and shit. Fuck all these stats imo.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and this is exactly what i'm taking about.

Pedroia has the 3nd highest WAR in baseball, and Cano is slated at 47th. Not to mention the difference between their defenses is ridiculous. Pedroia has a UZR/150 of 22.4. Cano has a UZR/150 of -8.1. Yeah, NEGATIVE 8.1.

Pedroia is miles better than Cano
So if these important stats of WAR and UZR make Cano so much worse then Pedroia, why would Utley/Howard be better then Cano/Teixeira if Ryan Howard ranks 18th in WAR and 17th in UZR among First Baseman? You're inconsistent with your stats, and only use them when they work in your favor.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Teixiera is better than Howard. But Utley is FAR better than Cano, which is why the Phillies 3-4 is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%