ADFS Greatest NFL QB of All Time Top 10 (#1 Voting)

ADFS NFL QB of All Time #1

• Joe Montana (San Francisco 49ers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Brady (New England Patriots)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Peyton Manning (Indianapolis Colts)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Brett Favre (Green Bay Packers)

• John Elway (Denver Broncos)

• Johnny Unitas (Baltimore Colts)

• Dan Marino (Miami Dolphins)

• Steve Young (San Francisco 49ers)

• Roger Staubach (Dallas Cowboys)

• Otto Graham (Cleveland Browns)

• Total voters

BNC

Reaction score
Flint said:
Its a theoretic term. "Defense wins championships" by keeping the other guys from scoring. A team still cannot win without an offense that puts points on the board. Obviously the New England defenders aren't the persons throwing the ball to Gronk on Sundays.
I'm just saying, I don't like using team accomplishments to judge a player when a guy can QB a team to 40+ points and still lose the game and some other QB could put up 10 and win just because his teams defense is much better

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Flint said:
This isn't 1996 guys, I'll take Peyton over Brady debates all day but Montana is no longer "the guy." A culmination of stats, championships, influence on others, and supporting cast...it's no longer Joe. Sorry San Fran.
I'm assuming you're one of those who assume Joe just had Jerry Rice there his entire career. His best two receivers when he won his first two superbowls? Dwight Clark and Feddie Solomon. He had Jerry Rice for the last two but in '88 his 2nd receiver was Mike Wilson and got John Taylor in '89. They did have Roger Craig and a great defense, but the Pat's defenses when Brady won his first superbowls was amazing as well.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
RunSoHard said:
I'm assuming you're one of those who assume Joe just had Jerry Rice there his entire career. His best two receivers when he won his first two superbowls? Dwight Clark and Feddie Solomon. He had Jerry Rice for the last two but in '88 his 2nd receiver was Mike Wilson and got John Taylor in '89. They did have Roger Craig and a great defense, but the Pat's defenses when Brady won his first superbowls was amazing as well.
San Francisco always had better defenses. The Patriots have used offensive players in the secondary during Super Bowls. Look, there's no debating Montana's place in history and it's near the top. He's simply been passed up is all.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Let's not forget that Brady should be 3-3 in Superbowls if the Seahawks ran the ball ;)

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
It's a tough pill to swallow when our childhood icons are passed by today's super-neutered, pampered, effeminate, and sometimes gangster athletes.

Howard4mvp12

Reaction score
Flint said:
This isn't 1996 guys, I'll take Peyton over Brady debates all day but Montana is no longer "the guy." A culmination of stats, championships, influence on others, and supporting cast...it's no longer Joe. Sorry San Fran.
joe>brady

Howard4mvp12

Reaction score
only way brady can win another Superbowl ring, is by the giants not making it there.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I hate Tom Brady, but he's either 1a or 1b with Montana. Most likely 1a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%