Reaction score
I'm not sure what LeBron has to do with the #9 ranked PG voting 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
"who is currently the best player"

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he regained more from next season, but based off of what we know, there is no way he's a top 10 PG right now.
then why the hell are you voting for lowry? you've admitted he wasn't good in the last few weeks of the year because he was injured.

If your argument for all these votings is for who can play the best right now, which is what you've said the entire time, then lowry is injured and absolutely is not the best available. And if his injury doesn't count, then neither does Rose's, and he's the better player healthy over Lowry.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Kyle Lowry is better than Rose, he already showed last season.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rose shot sub-40% from the field, put up a below average AST/TO ratio and was less than stellar defensively. What about that screams top 10?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You're living in a world too dependent on one season of stats

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You don't seem to comprehend what these polls are about, that or you just go your own way.

I'll just say this, there is not any piece of data that suggests Rose was a top 10 PG last season. Infact the data paints a clear picture.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if these polls are just about the data then why do we even vote? just post what the "data" tells you who played top 10 at each position.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Data, information, it's all getting progressed. It's the easiest way to relay why something is or something isn't. I mean I could easily type out an essay on why Rose isn't a top 10 PG but let's be honest, nobody would read it. So relaying what the data tells you is 100x easier than that.

But even with that said, if you go by the data these polls would be very different. From the way you have voted to the way I have voted. Example being, the data says Kyle Lowry isn't better than Jeff Teague, and I want to say it also says Bledsoe is better than Lowry. But the data didn't stop me from voting for Lowry over those guys. Data or information should never be used for anything else other than being a bridge to relaying what your eyes tell you, or to confirm what you think your eyes told you.

Back or Rose though. What did he do well last season? He didnt score well, he didn't pass well, he was prone to turnovers, he didn't defend well. What did he do to justify him being a top 10 PG? To make this even more questionable, what has he even done in the last three years to tell you he's a top 10 PG? I mean I could understand if this was a flukish season coming off a MVP caliber year, but he hasn't even been good in three years.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
if these polls are just about the data then why do we even vote? just post what the "data" tells you who played top 10 at each position.
:+1:

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Everyone has their own criteria and mine is if I need to win a game tomorrow who am I taking and based on the way he played in the playoffs and how I'm sure his health has improved in the offseason I'm taking rose

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I thought about and CCs right, Rose had a better playoffs so Im switching my vote.

I was the deciding factor for fhe 9th best PG on the SI forums. I feel like I really accomplished something grandiose.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So Rose because he looked decent in a small sample size, compared to the awful, larger sample size he's put up the past 3 years?

I just don't get it if you do want to win a game, how you can justify taking such an unknown. You have no idea what you're getting with Rose.
Let's be perfectly honest, like Nola said, if Rose didn't win the MVP there is no way he makes a top 10 list. His name just carries more merit than it deserves.

That isn't to say he doesn't prove me completely wrong next year. But right now, I can't take him over a solid 4 or 5 guys still left on the board.

Taking Lowry to tie this.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm on mobile so I can't see. But whomever took Elfrid, could you vote non jokingly please

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
So Rose because he looked decent in a small sample size, compared to the awful, larger sample size he's put up the past 3 years?

I just don't get it if you do want to win a game, how you can justify taking such an unknown. You have no idea what you're getting with Rose.
Let's be perfectly honest, like Nola said, if Rose didn't win the MVP there is no way he makes a top 10 list. His name just carries more merit than it deserves.

That isn't to say he doesn't prove me completely wrong next year. But right now, I can't take him over a solid 4 or 5 guys still left on the board.

Taking Lowry to tie this.

Per 36 this year he still averaged 21 and 6. If you want to get technical, the playoff sample size is bigger than the 2013-14 season which I'm SURE you're using in your argument. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, some cunt deleted my post.

delete this one too, bitch

EDIT: future me will apologize for this post.  I'm kinda drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%