Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
You read too much of these click baiters

Form your own opinion if you understand basketball and how it works

Dont follow
lol you really dont think I form my own opinion?

Even CC would agree with me there.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Curious as to why you think the Lakers offer is garbage?

I can understand the reasoning for not taking it (I probably would've) but what makes it garbage? 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not to mention I just read that, and we have been beating this dead horse for how many days now? Common sense.

Paulius

Reaction score
_NV[emoji769 said:
]Curious as to why you think the Lakers offer is garbage?

I can understand the reasoning for not taking it (I probably would've) but what makes it garbage? 
He doesnt know what garbage is yet. Wait for the summer

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
_NV said:
Curious as to why you think the Lakers offer is garbage?

I have a couple reasons, but the main ones are:

1- it would keep the Pelicans on the conveyor belt of 8th seed to late lottery that theyre already on

2- you would have to grossly overpay those young guys, cash strapping yourself

3- those picks would all be late firsts, which arent valuable

4- you would be essentially making yourself a Lakers team that has proven not to be very good

Paulius

Reaction score
Who else are you gonna pay though that you have to be so against paying them? Aint no one coming to New Orleans

Paulius

Reaction score
Conley doesnt wanna go to Utah lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol nola hasnt been paying attention to ingram lately

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Who else are you gonna pay though that you have to be so against paying them? Aint no one coming to New Orleans
Right now. There is a slim chance if you do this rebuild right and make the team attractive you can attract some guys. Youll never be able to attract superstars, but youd certainly be able to attract better players than Brandon Ingram.

Unlikely, but I would much rather take the chance then just put yourself right back into nothingness.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
1- it would keep the Pelicans on the conveyor belt of 8th seed to late lottery that theyre already on
4- you would be essentially making yourself a Lakers team that has proven not to be very good
the laker picks dont matter

The point of rebuilding is for your own team to suck so you get high picks, not to rely on other teams to do it for you

The laker picks are just sprinkles on top, not the entire cake

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Lol nola hasnt been paying attention to ingram lately
Yeah, because him shooting 65% plus from the floor is the new norm.

Which has nothing to do with helping the other things hes below average at. The guy can score, but he does little else.

Theres a reason the Lakers are so much worse when hes on the court (and the Celtics are so much better with Tatum in).

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tbh i would offer shai, robinson, heat pick, clippers own pick, futures for AD

And I would take that as new orleans

But will the clippers do it? Dont know

Paulius

Reaction score
Trash ass offer mexi

Do better

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Yall can keep repeating it, and Ill keep having the same opinion on it. I actually agree with bosox, if AD doesnt commit or at least give the team some hope, the Pels wont get as much in the return. Where my disagreement comes in is the thinking that AD will only commit to the Lakers. Which just isnt true.

The Lakers are his preferred destination, his #1 destination. Total agreement, no doubt about it, 100%. But its not his only destination, and I fully believe whatever team he goes to will have a real legitimate shot at resigning him, and ultimately will resign him. This isnt Melo forcing his way to NY.
Then why do you think he fired his agent, and signed with Klutch? If he solely wanted out of New Orleans, his old agent could do that (and they represent Dame and Demar so its not like theyre small). He could have gone to ROCNATION (would have been perfect if he was also interested in the NYC/BKN markets), with CAA (Paul George, CP3), Octagon (Giannis, Gasol), IS&E (Boogie), Landmark (Harden), Excel Management (Blake), as well as non-NBA guys like Drew Rosenhaus 

Tell me why you think he chose Rich Paul. Because if you don't care where you go, as long as its outside of New Orleans, then Rich Paul should likely not be your first option.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:

Playing with LeBron I feel like it's tough to fully evaluate them as individuals. Only Kuzma of the group has really proven to be able to play next to him. Plus people forget quickly but this team was starting to play really well before LeBron's groin injury, believe they were up to 4th in the West maybe? Granted there was some teams underperforming at the time. 

They're all young pups that have loads of talent at the end of the day. In an offense that runs through him Ingram has shown flashes of a player that can develop into an All-Star. Kuzma can be a solid complimentary piece. Lonzo not wanting to be in NO puts a damper on things for sure, wonder what he could be flipped for. 

I would agree that there's no potential "superstar" in this deal but as a whole is a pretty beefy package, especially when you throw 2 first rounders on top of it. And who knows, god forbid LeBon suffers a serious injury that Laker team with only AD will not win many games and the value of those picks greatly increase. 

Like I said though, I can see the reasoning behind not taking it. Theres definitely potential to get a better deal if you do pry Tatum + from the Celtics or grab that #1 pick from whoever gets it but it's a huge gamble. 

Paulius

Reaction score
Grizzlies might get Fultz

Meaning Jamychal and temple to Philly for depth?

Maan they’re going in. Love it

And grizzlies might actually be a great lowkey spot for Fultz

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

Anthony Davis is a Chicago, Ill. native who wears No. 23. We can just chalk it up to being a Michael Jordan fan and keep it moving, right? Not so fast. While at Perspective Charter High School in Chi-Town, Davis won a Black History Month trivia contest and received a $10 gift card, which he used to buy a book on his favorite player, LeBron James. Since then, the New Orleans Pelicans forward has remained a huge fan of LeBron and in honor of The King, he has always donned the No. 23, even during his brief stint at Kentucky.

He's a Laker lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is all irrelevent, as LeBron and Kyrie are already plotting a return to Cleveland. Stay woke folks

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Grizzlies might get Fultz
Meaning Jamychal and temple to Philly for depth?
Maan they’re going in. Love it
And grizzlies might actually be a great lowkey spot for Fultz
shitty return for fultz lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%