2018/19 NBA REGULAR SEASON

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's better for Boston for Davis to stay in New Orleans until the offseason, even if they don't end up getting him. The threat of Davis coming gives them better leverage with Kyrie.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
It's better for Boston for Davis to stay in New Orleans until the offseason, even if they don't end up getting him. The threat of Davis coming gives them better leverage with Kyrie.
Thats good in theory but if we are assuming that theyre a package deal in this case, Kyrie wouldnt sign unless the deal was in place

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
You probably have considering their both Dukies, but right now Tatum is a better player. Tatum has been developed SIGNIFICANTLY more than Ingram. Ingram may have a higher ceiling, but he will never get up there. The guy simply isnt a very good player right now.
I never said Tatum wasnt better right now, but its closer than a lot of people think. Ingram is playing with LeBron which doesnt help.

Lol at that last sentence you edited in

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think its very likely AD and Kyrie are playing together next season. Which is a disaster scenario for Boston if its anywhere but there.

Paulius

Reaction score
Yup

They sweet talked the Pelicans bc they needed them to not trade by the deadline and not trade with the Lakers

Pelicans got played lmao

Cannot wait to see the Lakers package they will settle with in the summer

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing this Tatum vs Ingram stuff down the road more.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
So...

Celtics want AD...Pelicans/Celtics discuss AD...Both teams are comfortable with what the other wants...Boston requests NO waits until after deadline...NO waits until after deadline...More teams enter bidding war during 3/4 months...Boston goes against previously discussed deals...AD is traded somewhere other than Boston

Got it. The genius level of thinking on this board is overwhelming.
Your logic completely neglects Davis's desire to be a Laker though

If Davis just wanted out of New Orleans, you'd actually be right. And if Davis still was under the same agency as he was in 2017, then yeah your point is valid.

Of every agency out there in the sports world, he didn't choose the one known for getting his guys endorsements, or NTCs, or anything contractual. He went with LEBRON's guy, because he idolizes Lebron. He wants to play with James, and everyone knows it. Boston will try to swing him with Irving and Tatum, the Knicks with Durant and Irving, and the Clippers with Kawhi, but ultimately he wants to play with Lebron.

Until Davis verbally commits to signing on with Boston long term, Danny Ainge won't trade away Tatum. The moment that he says he would sign, Tatum's gone and I'm 100% fine with that. But its not happening right now, because Davis is a Future Laker. And the fact that a delusional Celtics fan has to tell you this, is truly sad and pathetic for you.

Paulius

Reaction score
Kyrie is so gone

This is Ainges last shot at having him stay

But hes gone regardless and once hes gone, Ainge isn gonna trade for AD and Pelicans got played

This is great. Fletcher fell in for the trap. Yikes

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Thats good in theory but if we are assuming that theyre a package deal in this case, Kyrie wouldnt sign unless the deal was in place
I can see that, but I think just having the looming possibility of a Davis trade would give them a little more leverage. Don't think just the threat of a deal alone would be enough to get him to sign.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
It's the opposite. Tatum has the higher floor because he's always going to have his scoring ability. But Ingram has a much higher ceiling. His defensive potential is much better, he's already a much better playmaker, he just needs to continue to get stronger and keep developing that jumper.
im someone who always values defense as a measurement of a floor lol 

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Your logic completely neglects Davis's desire to be a Laker though

If Davis just wanted out of New Orleans, you'd actually be right. And if Davis still was under the same agency as he was in 2017, then yeah your point is valid.

Of every agency out there in the sports world, he didn't choose the one known for getting his guys endorsements, or NTCs, or anything contractual. He went with LEBRON's guy, because he idolizes Lebron. He wants to play with James, and everyone knows it. Boston will try to swing him with Irving and Tatum, the Knicks with Durant and Irving, and the Clippers with Kawhi, but ultimately he wants to play with Lebron.

Until Davis verbally commits to signing on with Boston long term, Danny Ainge won't trade away Tatum. The moment that he says he would sign, Tatum's gone and I'm 100% fine with that. But its not happening right now, because Davis is a Future Laker. And the fact that a delusional Celtics fan has to tell you this, is truly sad and pathetic for you.
I cant believe how many times this has to be repeated to him

We’ve literlaly said this so many times already

Lost cause

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Kyrie is so gone

This is Ainges last shot at having him stay

But hes gone regardless and once hes gone, Ainge isn gonna trade for AD and Pelicans got played

This is great. Fletcher fell in for the trap. Yikes

Danny's supposedly not even answering calls for Kyrie. And I do ultimately think Kyrie stays

But I would say its more likely that Kyrie walks than Boston would trade away Tatum+Smart for Davis without any assurance he'd stay

Paulius

Reaction score
Boston was never on Kyries list

Chemistry with the young guys doesnt seem good

Idk we’ll see

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also something that was mentioned earlier today on 98.5

Since Marcus Smart was named a starter, Boston has gone 25-9 (.735), which has been the 2nd best record in basketball.
To say Boston can't make the Finals is lunacy, and Boston plays Golden State more competitively than most teams in the league under Brad Stevens.

What happens if Boston makes the Finals, and competitively lose in 6 games with Tatum having a really good series? And then Durant or Klay walks in FA after another ring? You seriously think Ainge would trade Tatum at that point? lmao

I'd honestly say that scenario above is just as likely, if not more, than Boston dumping away Brown and Tatum for a loaner

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Boston was never on Kyries list

Chemistry with the young guys doesnt seem good

Idk we’ll see

To be fair at the time, Boston had 30ppg Isaiah Thomas, and you wouldn't think Boston would move on from him, therefore making it a bad fit. 

Kyrie didn't have OKC, Houston, or Golden State on his list either, because they were set at PG

Paulius

Reaction score
Thunder the only team in the league who have a winning record vs gsw since KD joined them

They play them competitive

Dont forget

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

To be fair at the time, Boston had 30ppg Isaiah Thomas, and you wouldn't think Boston would move on from him, therefore making it a bad fit. 

Kyrie didn't have OKC, Houston, or Golden State on his list either, because they were set at PG
IT can average 40, you still trade him for Kyrie every single hour of the day

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
I cant believe how many times this has to be repeated to him

Weve literlaly said this so many times already

Lost cause
Yall can keep repeating it, and Ill keep having the same opinion on it. I actually agree with bosox, if AD doesnt commit or at least give the team some hope, the Pels wont get as much in the return. Where my disagreement comes in is the thinking that AD will only commit to the Lakers. Which just isnt true.

The Lakers are his preferred destination, his #1 destination. Total agreement, no doubt about it, 100%. But its not his only destination, and I fully believe whatever team he goes to will have a real legitimate shot at resigning him, and ultimately will resign him. This isnt Melo forcing his way to NY.

Paulius

Reaction score
Those always been the points though

The fact that AD wants the Lakers
And the fact that boston wont trade for AD if Kyrie walks

Ainge is waving Tatum at you bc he’s expecting Kyrie to stay, so then he will for sure move whatever he can to pair up Kyrie and AD

But its just not likely that Kyrie stays. He’s already gone back and forth too much

And the sad part. Once Kyrie does walk, you’ll be in here upset that the packages you’re getting offered now are 10 times worse than the Lakers package in Feb

Dont say i didnt told you so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%