2018/19 NBA REGULAR SEASON

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
All he's done is say "wait, it'll be worth your while" and the Pelicans are obliging.

The Celtics won't offer much.
Well reports say he said "no player is off limits" which I don't think many people believe.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
Well reports say he said "no player is off limits" which I don't think many people believe.
Which backs up what Teagz is saying

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hes done much more than that already. Like Ive said for days, theyve discussed a deal that both would take today if they could. Not that that has anything to do with the Pelicans waiting, but hes not going to go from offering a deal the Pelicans like to not offering anything. Both teams are very aware of whats needed to get a deal done.

Paulius

Reaction score
Tatum isnt going anywhere and Pelicans dont realize that

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Then you can trade Kuzma+Ingram+KCP on a S&T ($46.4M/3 years, only Year 1 guaranteed aka what happened with Keith Bogans) for Anthony Davis, who will announce with his agent at Klutch Sports that he wants a trade. He'll be in the year before his last season, which for reference is when Boogie, Kyrie, and Butler have all been dealt. And outside of Philly or Boston, idk if a team can match what the Lakers can.

If I could put money down on Anthony Davis being a Laker, I would. 
Notice the date... less than a week after Davis signed on with Klutch.
He. Wants. To. Be. A. Laker.

Now, Danny Ainge is definitely someone that is willing to take a chance on trading for Davis, on hopes to keep him. He did a similar thing with Garnett 11 years prior. And he wont say no to Tatum right now, so the Pels dont trade AD tomorrow... but Tatum's not going to be dealt, because we won't need to.

The key in Boston's favor is that we can't trade for Davis until Kyrie's officially out of contract, which is July 1. The draft is over, unofficial tampering has definitely begun, and teams' cap space are essentially reserved for upcoming Free Agents that they definitely havent talked to yet.

Boston's gonna offer Jaylen and matching contracts, with several mid-round 1sts, and thats gonna be the best offer on the table. Why would the Lakers at that point offer anything good for Davis, when he'll sign there within a year. 

Pelicans fucked up big time by waiting for a guy who won't be available. But of course its not surprising that the Pelicans are banking on a team dumping their top prospect for an expiring, since they were the only team stupid enough to actually do that (dumping Hield for Boogie)

Paulius

Reaction score
Exactly... ^ lol

But we’re just uneducated and misinformed

Homies got played

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
But of course its not surprising that the Pelicans are banking on a team dumping their top prospect for an expiring, since they were the only team stupid enough to actually do that (dumping Hield for Boogie)

I agreed with everything else you had, but this is a reach. Part of the reason that trade looked back for Sacramento is because Buddy was struggling as a rookie (and an old rookie at that). Also, DMC had 1.5 years left, not 1. 

Paulius

Reaction score
Been on repeat saying Pelicans wont sniff a package anywhere close to that again this summer

Paulius

Reaction score
But let fletcher and the entire NO keep thinking they will have Tatum

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Paulius said:
But let fletcher and the entire NO keep thinking they will have Tatum

It's really funny haha

Especially when you consider that Ingram is better

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So...

Celtics want AD...Pelicans/Celtics discuss AD...Both teams are comfortable with what the other wants...Boston requests NO waits until after deadline...NO waits until after deadline...More teams enter bidding war during 3/4 months...Boston goes against previously discussed deals...AD is traded somewhere other than Boston

Got it. The genius level of thinking on this board is overwhelming.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

It's really funny haha

Yall are just going against me for the sake of it now.

You're a smart guy, you know Ingram isnt better than Tatum.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean could the Celtics or Knicks offer a better package then the Lakers offered?

Let's assume most of the IFs happen. Like Knicks get a top 2 pick, one or two. And the Celtics offer anything outside of Tatum. Can they beat that package?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

It's really funny haha

Tatum has more take-over potential, better isolation potential

Ingram would probably be a better complimentary piece that JT would be. I personally don't see Ingram ever becoming the face of a franchise, where as I can see Tatum developing into that role. But Ingram definitely has the higher floor

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Yall are just going against me for the sake of it now.

You're a smart guy, you know Ingram isnt better than Tatum.
I would 100% take Ingram over Tatum as a long term prospect, and I've watched both play a lot more than you have

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
I mean could the Celtics or Knicks offer a better package then the Lakers offered?

Let's assume most of the IFs happen. Like Knicks get a top 2 pick, one or two. And the Celtics offer anything outside of Tatum. Can they beat that package?
Thats all opinionated. But the Pelicans certainly think they can. That Lakers package was junk.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Tatum has more take-over potential, better isolation potential

Ingram would probably be a better complimentary piece that JT would be. I personally don't see Ingram ever becoming the face of a franchise, where as I can see Tatum developing into that role. But Ingram definitely has the higher floor
It's the opposite. Tatum has the higher floor because he's always going to have his scoring ability. But Ingram has a much higher ceiling. His defensive potential is much better, he's already a much better playmaker, he just needs to continue to get stronger and keep developing that jumper.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I would 100% take Ingram over Tatum as a long term prospect, and I've watched both play a lot more than you have
You probably have considering their both Dukies, but right now Tatum is a better player. Tatum has been developed SIGNIFICANTLY more than Ingram. Ingram may have a higher ceiling, but he will never get up there. The guy simply isnt a very good player right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%