2018/19 NBA REGULAR SEASON

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought you said Tatum plus Zion/RJ. Missed the 'or' in there.

I heard the Pelicans liked Ball when trade talks started. They think he can be a star and play well next to Jrue. But Ball doesn't want to be there and that would be a problem.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
I thought you said Tatum plus Zion/RJ. Missed the 'or' in there.

I heard the Pelicans liked Ball when trade talks started. They think he can be a star and play well next to Jrue. But Ball doesn't want to be there and that would be a problem.
Easy way to put is the Lakers are gathering interest in guys like Ball and Kuzma. They like Ingram and Zubac. But theres just to many moving parts. Like I said from the beginning the Pelicans will make ridiculous trade demands from the Lakers that require a lot of moving parts. I keep seeing it referrred to as The Godfather offer.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You mean the offer of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Stephenson, Rondo, Zubac and 2 firsts?? I don't like how its called the Godfather. If it was a Godfather offer, the Pelicans can't refuse it.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
If Demps were smart, hed do the deal today. Hes canned before June 1st so he has 3 days to trade him, period

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still think its just too smart for them to wait for summer. So I don't expect a trade this week.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
If Demps were smart, hed do the deal today. Hes canned before June 1st so he has 3 days to trade him, period
You really think an NBA team is going to let a guy thats already guaranteed to be let go make a deal? Come on man, be smarter.

Demps has already had all authority taken from him. Danny Ferry and others are working on everything behind the scenes.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
You mean the offer of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Stephenson, Rondo, Zubac and 2 firsts?? I don't like how its called the Godfather. If it was a Godfather offer, the Pelicans can't refuse it.
No, its an offer of Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and Zubac including the Lakers 2019, 2021, 2023, and 25 picks, plus cash. Kuzma and Ball would then be moved to other teams.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would say that this is more of an organization deal rather then a normal trade. I'm sure Demps is talking to everyone the owner/Ferry/etc and they all have their opinions.

We've heard some want to take that LA deal, but others don't.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
No, its an offer of Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and Zubac including the Lakers 2019, 2021, 2023, and 25 picks, plus cash. Kuzma and Ball would then be moved to other teams.
Thats the offer the Pelicans want. Not what the Lakers have offered.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
I would say that this is more of an organization deal rather then a normal trade. I'm sure Demps is talking to everyone the owner/Ferry/etc and they all have their opinions.

We've heard some want to take that LA deal, but others don't.
Youre correct, there are actually some in the Pels FO that want to take the Lakers deal that has Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and picks in it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who knew Danny Ferry was still making nba decisions. Whack

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
Thats the offer the Pelicans want. Not what the Lakers have offered.
Yes. Theyve offered Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and 2-3 picks but I havent heard theyve offered the remainder.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
You really think an NBA team is going to let a guy thats already guaranteed to be let go make a deal? Come on man, be smarter.
This happens all the lol. SVG did it last year, except he traded for a star instead of trading him away. Guys try to save their jobs at the deadline every year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just read an article from the ringer

They suggested the raptors and nuggets should go for it with AD

Siakim/Anunoby/Delon or FVV

And the nuggets deal is Murray/MPJ(looks really good apparently right now), and another young guy like Malik Beasley

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
This happens all the lol. SVG did it last year, except he traded for a star instead of trading him away. Guys try to save their jobs at the deadline every year.
But like you said, save jobs. Dell has been doing that for years. Difference here is he doesnt have a job to save.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Just read an article from the ringer

They suggested the raptors and nuggets should go for it with AD

Siakim/Anunoby/Delon or FVV

And the nuggets deal is Murray/MPJ(looks really good apparently right now), and another young guy like Malik Beasley
That raptors deal is so bad though

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
That raptors deal is so bad though
the author actually said it's comparable to the Lakers package and maybe even better

I said the other day here, I might take that over the Lakers deal too. Siakim is a major get

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
the author actually said it's comparable to the Lakers package and maybe even better

I said the other day here, I might take that over the Lakers deal too. Siakim is a major get
Meh, I'm not seeing it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pels need to ask for Svi

A deal would get done :Yoda:

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here we go

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1092865337979211776?s=09

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%