2018/19 NBA REGULAR SEASON

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
6-8 picks requested lmao
I mean I don't see why that's cray, if I were the lakers i'd be like ok 1 first and 7 future 2nds

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Klutch is trying so hard to pressure the pels

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just feel there is no amount of pressure that would make the Pels do it. AD comes out and says only LA? AD refuses to play the rest of the year? I just don't see any upside for the Pels to take a deal now.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
This right here is why the Pelicans are a joke of a franchise

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
I just feel there is no amount of pressure that would make the Pels do it. AD comes out and says only LA? AD refuses to play the rest of the year? I just don't see any upside for the Pels to take a deal now.
Theyve already got a deal theyre good with. Like I said earlier I think theyd take it today if they could. Now its just a waiting game to see where that Knicks pick lands.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Why though? For not taking the deal?

Its still best for them to wait till the offseason. That deal could still be there along with several other new deals.

Unless you mean just poorly ran then yes.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Move them to Seattle, and have New Orleans natives root for the Thunder

Pelicans is a dumb mascot anyways

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Theyve already got a deal theyre good with. Like I said earlier I think theyd take it today if they could. Now its just a waiting game to see where that Knicks pick lands.
But part of the Lakers' deal is getting AD for this season. Their evaluation in the offseason isn't going to be this high. Surely even you can understand this, right?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
Why though? For not taking the deal?

Its still best for them to wait till the offseason. That deal could still be there along with several other new deals.

Unless you mean just poorly ran then yes.

CameronCrazy06 said:
But part of the Lakers' deal is getting AD for this season. Their evaluation in the offseason isn't going to be this high. Surely even you can understand this, right?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers want AD bad. I bet they'd offer a very similar deal this offseason. Cause they know without AD they are screwed.

Old LeBron can only take them so far.

Not to mention they will have to compete with other offers from the Knicks and Celtics (whatever they end up actually offering)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Sure I do, but like Ive said repeatedly, theres no realistic package the Lakers can put together at any point thats going to be the best on the table.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Im impressed at the lengths theyve gone.
it's rich Paul and pelinka, who is a former agent as we all know

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Lakers offer is solid, no doubt

But yeah if it doesn't floor you, don't take it

They don't want to move him to the Lakers. They're going to call his bluff. You want the Lakers? Sign there yourself

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
Lakers want AD bad. I bet they'd offer a very similar deal this offseason. Cause they know without AD they are screwed.

Not to mention they will have to compete with other offers from the Knicks and Celtics (whatever they end up actually offering)
In the offseason they may just decide to wait until 2020. Who really knows. There's a non-zero chance that the Pelicans get nothing for AD. This is as good of a package as you can ask for right now.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:

Youll have more of a bidding war this offseason as more teams enter the picture as well.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also Ill run the numbers by tonight, but as of right now I dont see why the Lakers cant trade for Kyrie/Klay/Butler via S&T this offseason, and then S&T for Davis when he is FA eligible

Obviously they want him now, so they arent squandering Lebron at all, but it should be an option to S&T for them

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
In the offseason they may just decide to wait until 2020. Who really knows. There's a non-zero chance that the Pelicans get nothing for AD. This is as good of a package as you can ask for right now.
That is true there are a lot of 'IFs' in the offseason. But we know Celtics will end up offering something. That seems pretty clear. Knicks will probably offer. A host of other teams possibly will offer (Raptors, Nuggets (thinking playoff teams that need a boost from AD and have assets...etc) and the Lakers will have to either hope AD is committed to them and will only be a 1 year rental or they will have to offer again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%