2016/17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Los Angeles and New York are the only realistic options, let's not kid ourselves
The Knicks got permission from Melo to pursue Boston, but Ainge declined

He'll be a Knick or a Clipper. 

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
OR

Melo is under contract until 2019 and doesn't want to be stuck in a shitty basketball market like OKC, where they literally have only one good player who could EASILY leave in free agency this coming offseason

I'd rather suck in New York than in OKC -- plus LaLa isnt moving to Oklahoma
OR

Hes 32 and is hot garbage and really shouldnt sit back and play the pick and chose game when he hasnt sniffed the playoffs in years

Stop talking about him like hes lebron lol

He will have his entire life to live where he wants, 3 years in oklahoma for 8 months a season wont kill him id think , but hey if he'd rather get his breakfast in manhattan but be an 11th seed, then good luck to "competitors" like that

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ultimately i think doc will cave and add JJ

JJ Redick/Austin/Wes Johnson for Melo (maybe picks but not sure when the next clips available pick is)

Felton, jamal will have to carry slack til CP is back. And alan Anderson will be getting minutes with blake and melo also playing primary playmaker

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
paulius said:
OR
Hes 32 and is hot garbage and really shouldnt sit back and play the pick and chose game when he hasnt sniffed the playoffs in years
Stop talking about him like hes lebron lol
He will have his entire life to live where he wants, 3 years in oklahoma for 8 months a season wont kill him id think , but hey if he'd rather get his breakfast in manhattan but be an 11th seed, then good luck to "competitors" like that
hes already proven that where he lives matters. And hes not the only player who doesnt want to live in okc lol

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
OR

Melo is under contract until 2019 and doesn't want to be stuck in a shitty basketball market like OKC, where they literally have only one good player who could EASILY leave in free agency this coming offseason

I'd rather suck in New York than in OKC -- plus LaLa isnt moving to Oklahoma
With the new CBA Russ is gonna stay in OKC, doesn't make sense financially to leave

Not that this really changes anything, he's not winning a title in OKC or NY

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I could go on and on why he is never going to be traded to the thunder, for seriously numerous reasons -- but its not worth my time at all

It is literally never going to happen

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
With the new CBA Russ is gonna stay in OKC, doesn't make sense financially to leave

Not that this really changes anything, he's not winning a title in OKC or NY
I thought he signed a 1+1, not a 2+1. he would have left had it been a 1+1, for sure. he obviously can't leave next season

still not going to okc

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Isaiah in January averaged 32.3 ppg on 49.8/43.8/93 shooting

lets go

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I thought he signed a 1+1, not a 2+1. he would have left had it been a 1+1, for sure. he obviously can't leave next season

still not going to okc
It was a 1+1 extension for Russ, he was supposed to become a FA this summer but he can, and probably will, opt out next summer and sign a new deal. Or can sign a five year extension this summer at 35% of the max because of the new CBA

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Isaiah in January averaged 32.3 ppg on 49.8/43.8/93 shooting

lets go
How about the other 50% of the game?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston has won 3 in a row and is tied for 2nd in the east

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rios said:
Not sure why Carroll has the starting nod over Powell this year
Powell would be a perfect 6th man imo but his minutes are so inconsistent, because Casey doesn't know how to use him.

Paulius

Reaction score
snipezo said:
Powell would be a perfect 6th man imo but his minutes are so inconsistent, because Casey doesn't know how to use him.
Can u guys just trade JV then if he still gets 2 touches a game like its his rookie year? Smh

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Westbrook is shooting 42% from the field
Last time an MVP shot that low was AI in 2001, who only won because his team was good in a shitty conference and no one wanted to reward shaq because he was too dominant

And then prior to AI you have to go back to bill russell in 1965 for the next lowest percentage. He shot 43%

AI's 42% is the 2nd lowest ever for an mvp (AI also one of the most overrated players in league history but thats another topic)

The point of this post: I hope russell's stat padding self doesnt win mvp. I hope the voters are better than that

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But im prepared for harden to be snubbed for the 2nd time
The dude needs his mvp smh

2015 and now smh

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
paulius said:
Can u guys just trade JV then if he still gets 2 touches a game like its his rookie year? Smh
I don't think he would even thrive if he gets more involved offensively. He has like two post moves that he goes to, he takes about 15 seconds to shoot when given the opportunity to do work down low and he's a subpar passer. I don't think it helps that he's so bad defensively. Hes most effective when he bullies people down low for rebounds.

Idk I love JV, but he's had a pretty off year so far this season.

Paulius

Reaction score
Id agree itd be stat padding if okc had 11 wins this season

U got nothing to say when his team is winning bc theres nothing to say bc its amazing how much he can carry a team with such stats and keep racking in the Ws

Hes shooting 42, hardens shooting 44, dont even get it started u know the load russ has to carry each and every game

Like i said if russ gets 50 wins and averages a triple double , its over

U can take your 2% fg difference and run with it as much as you want , but in a few months youll just hit a wall

Paulius

Reaction score
snipezo said:
I don't think he would even thrive if he gets more involved offensively. He has like two post moves that he goes to, he takes about 15 seconds to shoot when given the opportunity to do work down low and he's a subpar passer. I don't think it helps that he's so bad defensively. Hes most effective when he bullies people down low for rebounds.

Idk I love JV, but he's had a pretty off year so far this season.
Id like for him to get traded tbh. Hes shown flashes thru out alot of years that he could score if given the chance. Last years playoffs before getting hurt? Was killing dudes. Idk, strange situation

Who would u realistically want to replace JV with if we were talking trades right now today?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was alot better last year for sure, and he bodied Whiteside and Indiana's front court in the playoffs. But for some reason he's regressed this year. Foot's not 100%? Idk.

I don't even know if I'd trade him considering his value might not even be very high, plus toronto's front court depth isn't very good. I wouldn't be mad if he was traded for a solid 4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%