2015 Draft Prospects Thread

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
This is probably the best place to put this, I guess.

As much as Devante Parker makes too much sense to join Bridgewater in Minnesota, Norv Turner just publically said Charles Johnson is "far and away" their best receiver

With Jennings still on roster, I doubt they draft a WR now that they'll have Johnson be the ace. They'll either go Flowers/Humphries at LT, or take someone like Shaq Thompson, to give a great sub linebacker crew (eliminates the need for a great MIKE)

TTN2810

Reaction score
Idk if that means anything in terms of the draft. Jennings is old and not what he used to be, and the jury is still out on Patterson big time. Johnson looks good though, but he's far from a sure thing.

I'm with you, I'd pass on WR if I were them, but giving Teddy a legit #1 for years to come isn't a bad move at all, and should be somewhat of a priority.

While we're on the subject of WR's, I seem to like Funchess and Greene a lot more than most, and Cooper a lot less.

At this point I would go White, Parker, and Funchess over Cooper.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
Phillip Dorsett could have a Santana Moss-like career if he lands in the right spot.  He's not as polished as a route runner (Moss was THE route runner in his prime... one of the smoothest I've had the pleasure of watching), but that will develop with time.  He's got the hips and quickness take it to the next level.
I like Dorsett as well. I think he's got the skills to play outside, too. That being said I wouldn't exclusively keep him outside. IMO he should pretty much be another TY Hilton.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not buying the first round hype on Dorsett but I like him somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd.

As far as WRs, I've got White as the top guy easily. Think I'm higher on Jaelen Strong than most too. I like him in the same area as Cooper and Parker. DGB's in that group too talent wise but I'm hesitant on him. The track record with guys who haven't played for a year and then entered the draft isn't good. Also like Jamison Crowder a lot more than most. Might be my favorite slot guy, tbh. Only watched one of Funchess's games but he's a freak. Also not buying the Vince Mayle buzz; he's a late round receiver all day long.

I'd be interested to see what you guys think about the RBs this year. The more I watch of Duke Johnson the more I like him. He, Gurley, and Ajayi are my favorite backs in this class.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Randy Gregory weighed in at 235.  Not a good look.  Although, I think he was only listed at about 245, so it's not a huge shock.  He may be scheme limited unless his explosiveness holds up at around 250.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Devin Smith runs the 40 today someone update me, dawg

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gunter with a pretty disappointing time.  I don't like to use 40's to evaluate a player, but corners don't run 4.7.  Might have to start his career at safety.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i wouldnt be mad if philly took shaq but only if he plays safety. otherwise a corner or someone like shane ray if he falls

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really want Danny Shelton, but not necessarily at 5.  If they can move back and still pick up Shelton, I'd be stoked.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd rather get Goldman in the 2nd and pick up Beasley/Fowler/Ray, if I were you

But if yall are sold on Shelton, maybe you trade with New Orleans so they can get their pass rusher, and then you get Danny. And if he's not there, then you can get your OL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%