2015 Draft Prospects Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Goldman isn't a nose.  The Skins are weak at 5-tech, but I'm more comfortable with RJF and Hatcher starting than I am with Chris Baker starting in the middle.

Plus, they don't really need a rush backer.  They need another guy to add to the rotation, but they invested a high pick in Murphy last year.  Not sure they'd be willing to drop a top 10 pick on another one.  They're also talking with Orakpo, so him coming back is a possibility. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Watching the RBs lately.

Thoroughly unimpressed by Duke Johnson. Dances way to much, he's gonna get swallowed up in the NFL. Way too light on his feet, and not as explosive as other runners in this class, though he does have good speed. For me, he's a poor man's Bernard. A complimentary piece.

I'm really struggling with who my top back is. Obviously, Gurley is a beast.

Tevin Coleman however, is also a special player. His home-run ability is the best I've seen since young Chris Johnson. Also surprisingly tough inside, and always falls forward, seems to get 2-3+ more yards then you think is there.

I can't believe the Titans wasted a 2nd on Sankey with all of this talent around this year.

EDIT:
I can actually see Philly going after Coleman. He's a real good fit for them, and Polk is a good compliment for him.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Watching the RBs lately.

Thoroughly unimpressed by Duke Johnson. Dances way to much, he's gonna get swallowed up in the NFL. Way too light on his feet, and not as explosive as other runners in this class.

I think you just like to do this to rustle my jimmies, because none of this is correct.  I'm not sure how he'll translate to the next level due to his less than ideal size, but nothing he did at the college level should lead anybody to those conclusions.  He's a prototypical one-cut and go runner, I have no clue where you saw him dancing around aside from a few busted blocking schemes here and there.  Explosiveness is absolutely a non-issue here as well.  There may be a few better pure athletes at RB in this class, but Duke is one of the best pure playmakers in this entire draft class.

Dude is also tough as nails.  He may not be a power back, but he has power back traits.  He might have the best stiff arm in this class.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't mean to come off as an ass, but this is a very touchy subject for me.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm not doing anything man. I just happen to think he isn't very good. Has nothing to do with you.

He has some power when he lowers his shoulder, and yes, a good stiff arm, but usually has trouble breaking through arm tackles and gets taken down pretty easily. Doesn't make enough guys miss either, for him it's all about his speed, which is often neutralized due to indecision.

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253724&gif=InsidiousComfortableHyena

There's a hole there, but instead of taking it dances around and gets tackled. It wasn't a huge hole, but good RB's are small through the hole and hit that with power and acceleration.

He does the same thing with approaching defenders, too. He seems to slow down a bit when defenders are approaching to brace for contact instead of accelerating into his juke. He ends up dancing a lot because of this, and because he has a bad habit of stopping and starting too much. He's twitchy, but slow twitchy and isn't a smooth athlete. Example from the same game: http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253724&gif=JauntyOrnateDog He slows down with the defender coming instead of accelerating and cutting, or accelerating and just going outside.

He's not bad, there will be a place and role for him, but he's not a lead back, IMO.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I also am growing on Garrett Grayson. I like him a lot more than I liked Bortles.

I have a lot of work to do, but at this point, I could see Grayson ending up as my #2 QB. He reminds me of Sam Bradford.

EDIT
To clarify, Mariota is #1.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
I'm not doing anything man. I just happen to think he isn't very good. Has nothing to do with you.

He has some power when he lowers his shoulder, and yes, a good stiff arm, but usually has trouble breaking through arm tackles and gets taken down pretty easily. Doesn't make enough guys miss either, for him it's all about his speed, which is often neutralized due to indecision.

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253724&gif=InsidiousComfortableHyena

There's a hole there, but instead of taking it dances around and gets tackled. It wasn't a huge hole, but good RB's are small through the hole and hit that with power and acceleration.

He does the same thing with approaching defenders, too. He seems to slow down a bit when defenders are approaching to brace for contact instead of accelerating into his juke. He ends up dancing a lot because of this, and because he has a bad habit of stopping and starting too much. He's twitchy, but slow twitchy and isn't a smooth athlete. Example from the same game: http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253724&gif=JauntyOrnateDog He slows down with the defender coming instead of accelerating and cutting, or accelerating and just going outside.

He's not bad, there will be a place and role for him, but he's not a lead back, IMO.

I respect your opinions on draft shit, and I can appreciate the effort you put into your film studies, but I strongly disagree with you on this one, but that's fine.  That's what these boards are all about.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the record, I don't have Duke at the top of my RB rankings, believe it or not.

As of right now, I'd probably rank them:

1. Gurley
2. Coleman
3. Gordon
4a. Abdullah
4b. Duke

Duke and Abdullah are basically clones, so it's hard to pick one or the other.  

I'm not really all that high on Gordon, despite me having him at 3.  He's as one-dimensional as it gets, but he's pretty damn good at that one dimension. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Those of you who follow the draft closer than I do, who could the Saints be looking at with the 13th and 31st picks?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
I also am growing on Garrett Grayson. I like him a lot more than I liked Bortles.

I have a lot of work to do, but at this point, I could see Grayson ending up as my #2 QB. He reminds me of Sam Bradford.

EDIT
To clarify, Mariota is #1.
how would you feel about tennessee drafting mariota then?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Those of you who follow the draft closer than I do, who could the Saints be looking at with the 13th and 31st picks?
my guess would be waynes and orchard, or dupree and williams

Corner and OLB

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's top 10 talent, but I'm not sure there is a spot for him

He won't go #5 to you guys
Atlanta could, but there are pass rushers still
Rams need OL more than CB

the other teams don't need corners. Atlanta is his best shot at the top 10

TTN2810

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

I respect your opinions on draft shit, and I can appreciate the effort you put into your film studies, but I strongly disagree with you on this one, but that's fine.  That's what these boards are all about.
I really didn't mean to bash a player you liked, honestly. And I respect your opinions too man. But yes, agree to disagree. I'm going to go back and re-visit him too seeing as how quite a few of you guys like him on here.

Remember a few years back we had quite different opinions on Lamar Miller, and I think you probably won that battle lol. So I really could be wrong about him. We'll have to wait a see!

Hurricane Season said:
Christ, there are so many good backs in this class.

It's crazy. Still can't believe the Titans wasted a second on Sankey, fuck.

bosoxlover12 said:
how would you feel about tennessee drafting mariota then?

I wouldn't be disappointed. I think he's going to be really good. At the same time I think Mett is going to be a good starting QB too though, and I would rather build up the rest of the team rather than rehashing a position I don't consider a need, especially since Mariota is not a guarentee. Pairing up Leonard Williams with Casey is what I'm pulling for. Having a front 5 that includes Williams/Casey/Orakpo/Morgan is insane, especially considering LeBeau would be coaching them.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If the Titans could land Funchess at the top of rd 2, I would be thrilled. Or, yenno, Coleman. Either or.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%