2015 Draft Prospects Thread

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cardale Jones is everything people wanted Logan Thomas to be

TTN2810

Reaction score
He's more in the mold of Jamarcus Russell, IMO.

He's looking real good, just not NFL ready yet. But who is after just 2 1/2 games.

And I was hearing Oakman was going to drop the the 2nd day, so good for him for returning.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, Zeke Elliott is better than every back in this draft class

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh shit forgot Gurley lol

They're on the same tier

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree. I could see him bust pretty easily.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As I said a few days ago. Cardale is on top of the world, and there's no doubt now he goes 2nd or 3rd round imo. He has to come out

TTN2810

Reaction score
elcheato said:
As I said a few days ago. Cardale is on top of the world, and there's no doubt now he goes 2nd or 3rd round imo. He has to come out
Probably the 4th. There's no way he's coming out. He had a good game, for a college game. There were things he did that are definitely not ready for the NFL. Huge risk in any of the first 3 rounds at this point.

I do like him though, huge potential. Has the talent to be a first rounder, but we'll see if her can get there.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it's a tad foolish to dismiss the possibly of him entering. He's already changed his stance from "no doubt coming back" to "it's up in the air" 

One things for certain, Cleveland fans will be clamoring for the Cleveland native, and be very upset when the Browns don't take him

Best thing I heard though was some Sportscenter anchor saying that Cardale Jones might go to the NFL because he can't start in College. That's fucking insane because its true lol 

TTN2810

Reaction score
I also did fail to consider how awful this QB class is in general. He would immediately become the #4 QB (Mariota, Winston, Hundley, in no order). That does almost guarantee 2nd or 3rd round.

Any other year he would be stupid to come out. This year? I suppose it's feasible.

That said, if a team is drafting him to start next year, that's a huge mistake.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm also curious what you guys think of Winston. Kiper and McShay are all over him. I get why. He's pro ready. But that doesn't mean he's suddenly going to stop making huge, bonehead mistakes.

It's kind of an odd comp. but I see him like Cutler. He'll show flashes of brilliance, but he's going to kill you with the mistakes. He's already a good decision maker, most of the time. That's why it's so frustrating when he does make mistakes, and also why I don't think it's going to be able to be fixed.

And to be clear, I'm talking about unforced errors. There's always going to be times when the defense wins, makes a great play. I'm not talking about those times.

TTN2810

Reaction score
One other thing-- Kevin White may be the best WR in the class, > Cooper and Parker.

I also LOVE Rashad Greene, I think he would be the perfect pick for SF, he's the speed/seperation weapon they need, especially if Crabtree departs.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can not stand Jameis' throwing motion, it's frustrating to watch and can mess up his timing. I've seen him miss open windows by a small margain and I think it's due to the elongated motion. If I'm drafting him that's the first thing I try to fix and if he does just shorten it up a bit I think he'd be a better player.

I agree with the Cutler comp too. He just does some dumb shit on the field. The dumb shit he does off the field though is the bigger concern for me though.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Totally agree. That throwing motion. Yuck.

His Louisville game is awful, you guys should check it out. Some really bad misses. It's like he forgets how to play QB when there's pressure. His mechanics become a mess, and his decision making becomes atrocious. Huge concern for me.

He couldn't figure out their zone defenses either. Should have had 5 INT's or so in that one, and missed a wide open Greene deep for a sure fire TD. Real bad tape.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Man, Hundley also had a real rough game vs. Cal. I don't think I could take Winston or Hundley in the first round right now. Truly bad QB class at this point. I think Kessler would have benefited coming out, I think he could have snuck into the late 1st > Hundley. Winston will be over-drafted either way.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm shocked at how many people believe Winston will go Top 2

Mariota should go #1, and I doubt people will trade up to #2 to get him if a team really wants him

Like, assuming Leonard Williams isn't available, I can guarantee you Oakland will look to trade down, and the cost to trade to #4 will be a good bit less than to trade to #2

Mariota/Williams/Gregory should be the first 3 picks, unless the Jags want Fowler instead at #3

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
These 4 are likely long shots to be drafted, but for my NDSU Bison, watch out for:

DE Kyle Emmanuel (Buck Buchanon award winner)
S Colton Heagle and S Christian Dudzik (both are great tacklers and have a knack for interceptions)
LB Carlton Littlejohn (great speed)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%