2014 Prospect Talk Thread

TTN2810

Reaction score
To be fair though, that scout also said this about Carr: 
"I don't trust him. In that system and against bad teams he can light it up."
Which absolutely should be said about Garoppolo too lol. Kinda sounds like a double standard there. He did continue to say:
"He's almost similar to his brother (David), where when things aren't going his way he just kind of folds."

So maybe that's his difference between Carr + JimmyG.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Man, Jimmy needs to speed up his reads and learn to throw the ball away. One of the slower guys in the top 10-12 QBs at that in this class.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Interesting: a QB that has thrown under 54 MPH at the combine has ever been successfull. 

Mike Glennon only threw 49 which is very surprising given his reputation as having a big arm. So he's trying to be the first lol.

McCarron and Fales both only threw 53.

TTN2810

Reaction score
"Mettenberger is going to entice teams. Absent the ACL injury, I know at least one club who'd have had him No. 1 among the QBs." - Albert Breer Twitter

Damn right they did. He is the best.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I just hope the knee doesn't cause him to get in a backup job that he's stuck in and never gets his shot :(

TTN2810

Reaction score
I understand a lot of the criticism about Manziel, but how does one call him inaccurate? That just doesn't even make any sense.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Some people need to remember when scouting QB's: it's easier to make a great catch than a great throw. That's why I like QB's who throw tight windows and trust their WR's to make the tough catches, because often times the throw is even better. Hard to defend. It's why Brady is so great.

Then of course, some WR's make great catches because the throw was horrible, but it really is easy to tell the difference.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A well connected Saints writer said they "love" Brandin Cooks and are also eyeing Jimmy Garoppolo.

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
I have been watching Jimmy Garoppolo's film and I think he would be a great fit in Cleveland. Could nab him with our 2nd.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I like what he has to offer, but other than holding on to the ball forever, he has similar strengths/weaknesses as Weeden IMO. I never really noticed it before bc of how quickly that offense gets rid of the ball, but he has some pocket issues, very iffy with pressure. Need to look at that some more.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Other than Luck, Mett is probably the best QB prospect I've seen delivering strikes with a muddled pocket.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wenning is one of my favorite late round QB's in this draft. He used his eyes really well to manipulate defenders really well in the Miami-Ohio game. Granted, Miami-Ohio was one of the worst teams in the FBS lol. Wish he'd put the ball on a line more when he throws. He's pretty similar to Tajh in that regard.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Dude he might have the best deep ball in the class. It's perfect. He lays it out there for the WR to run under it, but has a big arm when he needs it. I wouldn't even say a late rd QB. I'd take him in the 3-4 range as a developmental starter. Just really weak competition and a very un-pro offense and no wow measurables so no hype. I might like him better than Fales, maybe even Garoppolo. Not sure yet since there's only 2 game tapes out. Gonna cut a few more up I think.

EDIT
Tajh has a great deep ball too. That's the least of his worries.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's got some of the best touch on his deep ball in this draft. I don't want to jump to any conclusions because the 2 tapes he has out are against two of the worst teams in the nation. Need to see a lot more of him.

I disagree about Tajh. He very rarely puts his deep ball on a rope and tends to throw rainbows up there.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lmao, glad to know McShay is still terrible at mocks

2. STL-Clowney
3. JAC-Bridgewater
4. CLE-Manziel
8. MIN-Gilbert

just hilarious results in the Top 10

TTN2810

Reaction score
Teagz said:
He's got some of the best touch on his deep ball in this draft. I don't want to jump to any conclusions because the 2 tapes he has out are against two of the worst teams in the nation. Need to see a lot more of him.

I disagree about Tajh. He very rarely puts his deep ball on a rope and tends to throw rainbows up there.
Rainbow deep balls is what you want. Let your guy run under it. Unless it's cover 2. Watch Tajh vs Syracuse. Hits like 5 deep ball TDs dude.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've seen it lol it's probably some of his best tape. And his deep ball to the outside quadrants is fine. It's when he gets into the middle of the field then the ball tends to float more and give the defenders more time to recover and make a play on the ball.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could see Gilbert going top 10.  He's not better than Dennard, but the hype is there now, so I could see it happening.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Vikings don't need to draft a corner in the 1st round tho... they drafted Rhodes last year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%