2014 Prospect Talk Thread

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I really love possession bigger bodied type guys, hence why I love ARob & Matthews. Same way I loved Quinton Patton & Dobson last yr

Adams is the only stretch for me

TTN2810

Reaction score
I like Adams but he drops way too many balls. A really like ARob too, but I think Tavon's versatility puts him just above him. Have barely watched Matthews. And yeah I'm looking forward to Patton getting an actual shot to contribute soon.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you guys are using the benefit of hindsight to cloud your initial judgments of Austin.  

I agree that he isn't as good of a natural receiver as Cooks, but Austin was absolutely electrifying at three different positions in college.  I don't know if either of you remember the Oklahoma game, but it's been a long time since I've seen a player put a team on his back and completely take over a game like Austin did that night.

They still lost, but that WVU defense was historically bad.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It didn't help that it took the Rams, what, 12 weeks to properly use him?

Could be just one of those things where he's just drafted by the wrong team.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
I think you guys are using the benefit of hindsight to cloud your initial judgments of Austin.  

No, I've just never liked him. I went back and found this info...

My WR rankings from last year was:

1. Q.Patton
2. A.Dobson
3. R.Woods
4. D.Hopkins
5. M.Wheaton
6. K.Allen
7. T.Austin

Granted, I scouted WRs for how they would fit at Patriots last year, but still. Was never high on Tavon Austin then

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FWIW, I don't think he'll reach his full potential either. He reminds me a lot of Peter Warrick. I do think he has the speed to create separation better than Warrick did though.

I'm just saying, I think he's a better prospect than you guys give him credit for. I view him less as a true #1 receiver, and more as an multi-purpose athlete.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dante Hall had a 3-4 year stretch where he was arguably the most dangerous special teams threat of all time, so any offensive production on top of that makes for one hell of a weapon, lol.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Joel Bitonio quite a bit on first viewing.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Jake, hindsight could definitely be a part of it, but just from a purely versatility standpoint in the NFL, even last year we all knew Tavon wouldn't take any real RB reps, and would be pretty much a slot only kind of guy unless you're in bunch or trips. Cooks I'd line him up anywhere. Love him on the outside or inside. Tavon was never really a great outside guy. That was more Stedman Bailey at WVU cause he has long ass arms.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Whoever this anonymous scout is, knows exactly what he's talking about, love it.

via NFL.com
On UCF QB Blake Bortles: "He's actually more of a runner. They ran him a lot and roll him out. He's raw. If somebody takes him and thinks he's going to be their franchise guy, they're going to get burned."

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
 If somebody takes him and thinks he's going to be their franchise guy, they're going to get burned."

Agree wholeheartedly.

TTN2810

Reaction score
As well as:
On Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo: "This guy has everything you're looking for. (AJ) McCarron isn't even comparable."

TTN2810

Reaction score
I do really like Garoppolo and he's been rising on my rankings consistently, but his happy feet worry me. That's pretty much it at this point. I need to watch more of him. There's only 5 games on DB of him so I gotta download a couple more. Wanna see more tight window throws.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Cutting up Garapollo game when announcer says EIU K was 6/16 on FG's and "in fact has missed 12 extra points!" Hahahahaha

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#CollegeKickers

TTN2810

Reaction score
I don't think we missed an extra point at all in my entire high school career lmao

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Same. That being said we didn't attempt many either haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%