2014 Prospect Talk Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even care about potential cap implications down the line. Draft Sammy Watkins and don't look back. Him and Gordon would be the 2nd best duo in the NFL the day he sets foot on the field.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Who's first? I think that would be #1 unless im forgetting someone.
edit
Im guessing you mean the Bears. Id go with Gordon/ Watkins. Between those two they are super diverse; moreso than Chicago.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alshon and Marshall?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect Watkins to be at all out stud level as a rookie. Takes time to adjust.

I was being conservative and I don't want to get my hopes up lol

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Vikings don't need to draft a corner in the 1st round tho... they drafted Rhodes last year

Chris Cook is a free agent.  I could see them going corner early.  Perhaps not reaching for one at eight, but it's not too far out of the question.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I've held off this comparison for some time now, but Blake Bortles straight up reminds me of a smarter but less athletic Vince Young.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
I've held off this comparison for some time now, but Blake Bortles straight up reminds me of a smarter but less athletic Vince Young.
ok. so hes nothing like vince young lmao

TTN2810

Reaction score
He totally is. Excellent size, has a good arm, but very innacurate. Lazy mechanics, ugly, loose release. Easily fooled by zone defenses. His best plays are made when he improvises. How's he different from VY other than that he's white? He's not as fast, but smarter, but everything else is similar.

I'm still betting he busts, like VY. Similar ascent to stardom, and I'm willing to bet he doesn't live up to his hype.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really wish I could find some Coastal Carolina tape.  Lorenzo Taliaferro looked extremely impressive at the senior bowl, and followed that up with a solid combine performance.  His numbers are great, and he definitely passed the eye test every time I saw him, I just need to see some game tape.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watching some Cooks tape, I can't help but be extremely annoyed with Mannion's mechanics.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
He totally is. Excellent size, has a good arm, but very innacurate. Lazy mechanics, ugly, loose release. Easily fooled by zone defenses. His best plays are made when he improvises. How's he different from VY other than that he's white? He's not as fast, but smarter, but everything else is similar.

I'm still betting he busts, like VY. Similar ascent to stardom, and I'm willing to bet he doesn't live up to his hype.

Then what in the hell do you see in Logan Thomas? lol

TTN2810

Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:

Then what in the hell do you see in Logan Thomas? lol
Contrary to popular belief, he throws some absolute dimes. Right on the fuckin money. There are some throws he makes, that only he and Mett, and maybe Carr can make in this class.

Bortles potential IMO, isn't based on anything tangible. We're just hoping he can become more accurate and develop his arm strength.

With Thomas, we've seen it, we just need to bring it out more consistently, and everything I've read is that he really understands football and is a smart guy, which also separates him from VY. Would I use a 1st rounder on him? Hell no. But I wouldn't spend one on Bortles either. FWIW I do have Bortles > Thomas.

I know it seems like I really dislike Bortles, but I really don't. It's just because he's getting #1 overall consideration. I feel like I need to overcompensate for all that hype lol. To me, I think he'll kind of be like Alex Smith in a sense. Is he a bust if you're looking at him as the #1 overall pick? Yes. But at the same time he would have been a great pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. Bortles can be a good NFL QB, but I don't think he's going to perform anywhere near a #1 overall draft pick.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
I really wish I could find some Coastal Carolina tape.  Lorenzo Taliaferro looked extremely impressive at the senior bowl, and followed that up with a solid combine performance.  His numbers are great, and he definitely passed the eye test every time I saw him, I just need to see some game tape.
Not sure if you've seen this yet or not but here's a game. I can make a couple more LT vids if you'd like, there's a couple games on TYT.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57uuKBBW_oI[/youtube]

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Contrary to popular belief, he throws some absolute dimes. Right on the fuckin money. There are some throws he makes, that only he and Mett, and maybe Carr can make in this class.

Bortles potential IMO, isn't based on anything tangible. We're just hoping he can become more accurate and develop his arm strength.

With Thomas, we've seen it, we just need to bring it out more consistently, and everything I've read is that he really understands football and is a smart guy, which also separates him from VY. Would I use a 1st rounder on him? Hell no. But I wouldn't spend one on Bortles either. FWIW I do have Bortles > Thomas.

I know it seems like I really dislike Bortles, but I really don't. It's just because he's getting #1 overall consideration. I feel like I need to overcompensate for all that hype lol. To me, I think he'll kind of be like Alex Smith in a sense. Is he a bust if you're looking at him as the #1 overall pick? Yes. But at the same time he would have been a great pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. Bortles can be a good NFL QB, but I don't think he's going to perform anywhere near a #1 overall draft pick.
Idk, it's troubling when you come in with little quarterback experience at the high school level, and peak as a sophomore. His mechanics seemed to get worse year-by-year. He rarely ever uses his lower body when he throws. (referring to Thomas, still.)

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Not sure if you've seen this yet or not but here's a game. I can make a couple more LT vids if you'd like, there's a couple games on TYT.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57uuKBBW_oI[/youtube]
That'd be awesome if you could find the time.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
Idk, it's troubling when you come in with little quarterback experience at the high school level, and peak as a sophomore. His mechanics seemed to get worse year-by-year. He rarely ever uses his lower body when he throws. (referring to Thomas, still.)
No denying there isn't work that needs to be done. And IMO it's crazy impressive the velocity he gets on the ball without using his lower body. Means he has untapped arm strength still, and if his feet can be fixed his accuracy can be fixed/consistent too. He needs a good coach for sure, but if he gets it he could basically be Cam Newton. If I had a fringe starter right now I'd take this guy in the 3rd in a heartbeat. STL, Arizona, TB, Minnesota, Oakland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Houston, Cleveland, Cincinnati, NYJ, or Buffalo are all possibilities. He's the kind of guy who, if he works out, could work in a lot of systems.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
That'd be awesome if you could find the time.
Yeah for sure, if there's seeders I'll get er done.
EDIT
I'll be able to get the Montana game (16 carries, 104 yds, 2 TD's).

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Any of y'all watch Joel Bitonio? I'd like to hear some other opinions on him. Personally, I think he's a late 1st/early 2nd rounder.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
http://noonkick.com/?s=coastal+carolina

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Any of y'all watch Joel Bitonio? I'd like to hear some other opinions on him. Personally, I think he's a late 1st/early 2nd rounder.
He's definitely the #5 OT. It's all about needs from teams. If New Orleans is dead set on taking an OT in the 1st, he could be the pick. But in general I believe he will be Day 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%