2014 NBA Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Quentin Richardson - G/F - Pistons

The Pistons are set to hire Quentin Richardson in a player development/mentoring role.

Richardson has never formally retired, but the news that he will join Stan Van Gundy's staff in Detroit sounds like a de factor retirement to us. "Q" only played one game with the Knicks last season and will finish his 13-year NBA career with averages of 10.3 points, 1.5 three-pointers, 4.7 rebounds, and 1.5 assists.

Well i guess.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tim hardaway is joining our staff too

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Oden accepted responsibility at the scene, according to the police report via WTHR Channel 13.

"Things got out of control and I started to go after the victim. My relative and witness tried to hold me back, but as I swung my arms to move them out of the way, then punched the victim in the face. I was wrong and I know what has to happen," Oden said.

TheIndyChannel.com's staff provided details of the incident:

Lawrence Police Department (LPD) investigators said just after 3:30 a.m. Thursday, officers headed to the 7200 block of Maple Bluff Place on a report of a disturbance.

After speaking with Oden outside the house, officers found a woman lying inside on a couch with blood covering her face. ...

... Officers said the victim also had swelling of the nose and cuts on her forehead and nose. There was blood on the sofa and floor of the living room and a flower pot had crashed to the floor.

LPD said the victim had a very hard time talking about the incident.

Well damn

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
there goes his career.. again

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons are reportedly in advanced talks with former Magic GM Otis Smith to bring him on as the coach of their D-League affiliate.

Stan Van Gundy apparently likes his guys from his days in Orlando. This would be an interesting move for Smith to go from former GM to coach of a D-League team, but it's a good opportunity if that's a career path Smith would like to pursue.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and if he doesn't want to go that way it's a slap in the face lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45O5nwSeCA[/media]

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ray Allen has told people close to him that he will play in the NBA next season instead of retiring, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

While the Cleveland Cavaliers are the frontrunner for Allen, the source said the 10-time All-Star has not completely decided where he will play. Cleveland is the favorite due to the return of LeBron James, with whom Allen played with on the Miami Heat the past two seasons.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11332005/ray-allen-says-play-next-season-rather-retiring

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Varejao
Love
LeBron
Waiters
Kyrie
-------
Miller
Allen
Marion?
Thompson
Dellavedova

Appears to be quite the amount of depth, depending on ones view of Delly.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would be concerning that you don't have any real depth behind Kyrie and Varejao though (your two most likely to be injured players).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%