Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Please keep all discussion regarding teams that are no longer in the playoffs in this thread.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bulls gonna trade Buckets and Taj for Love and sign Melo.

Rose/some dude/Melo/Love/Noah

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Bulls gonna trade Buckets and Taj for Love and sign Melo.
Rose/some dude/Melo/Love/Noah
fuuuu

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont like having 2 threads for the conference finals

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I knew you'd like that

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
No idea why Memphis is firing anybody over this season. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
No idea why Memphis is firing anybody over this season.
i dont understand whats going on over there

Hollinger and co have been doing a good job

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I know. Memphis has a "team" constructed to a T. They just need to add a couple more shooters to pair with Miller and Pondexter. I'd say one shooter but I doubt Miller stays healthy for a full season, again. 

They're at a point where guys like Conley and Lee are good enough shooters at the 1 and 2 position. It's no longer such a huge offensive liability to have the Allen's and Prince's on the floor, but they need another sharpshooter.

Imagine Trevor Ariza in Memphis. I hope they pursue him. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pelicans are really interested in Greg Monroe.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2067907-report-houston-rockets-planning-to-make-run-at-kevin-love-trade?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=houston-rockets

I'd tag CC if I knew how, but I knew Daryl would stick his nose in there.

This will be the first blockbuster trade of the summer. Houston can say goodbye to Parsons, though.
I doubt Minnesota takes Parsons and expirings for Love. They can at least get Lee+Barnes+1st from Golden State, Taj & Buckets from Chicago, and can get multiple firsts from Boston and Phoenix. Love will be the first blockbuster trade, but he won't be a Rocket.

Plus, wouldn't that go against everything you say regarding Houston? Terrence Jones goes to the bench and gets little minutes; they have no SF, and they literally have no defense outside of 2 players

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Pelicans are really interested in Greg Monroe.
monroe is best suited as an offensive center, defensive PF. Davis is an offensive PF, defensive C.

What would it cost tho? I'd assume Ryno, but do they want EJ as well?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NBa news: I graduated and felt like a rookie shaking stern's hand on that stage
Beautiful

And prediction time. Philly will get the no. 1 pick but man, the lakers are scaring me

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2067907-report-houston-rockets-planning-to-make-run-at-kevin-love-trade?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=houston-rockets

I'd tag CC if I knew how, but I knew Daryl would stick his nose in there.

This will be the first blockbuster trade of the summer. Houston can say goodbye to Parsons, though.

I never said Houston wouldn't try to get him, that article basically just confirmed that water is indeed wet.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
monroe is best suited as an offensive center, defensive PF. Davis is an offensive PF, defensive C.

What would it cost tho? I'd assume Ryno, but do they want EJ as well?

From what the guy said, it was Monroe and Eric Gordon.  His source felt like there was a good chance something would happen.  I've talked about this guy before on here, he's hit on everything he's said except the DeMar Derozan interest.  From Benson buying the team, to changing the name, to Monty being on the hot seat, Ryan Andersons comparable injury to Peyton Manning, etc.  So I mean whoever this source is, is definitely reliable.

With that said, I don't think anything will actually happen.  I totally believe the teams are talking, the guy also said Monroe's girlfriend lives in New Orleans and works at Newman High School (where Peyton and Eli went), and that Monroe is often seen in the New Orleans area during the summer or when the Pistons are in town.  But there is so much that could happen between now and July 1st.  I would personally bet that Pelicans want to move Gordon for Monroe, but the Pistons want Ryno too, Pels would be reluctant.  With that said, I'm not too high on having Davis, Anderson, and Monroe here.  Seems like overkill and you would be wasting their individual talents.

I could even see a scenario where Gordon is moved to a 3rd team, and maybe some expirings, minimum contracts, one decent young player, and a huge trade exception go to Detroit.  That would make sense.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ugh I hope they don't take Gordon. I'd like that 3 team deal though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmaoooooo

He is a special player, his numbers are incredible but maybe our leader must be other (...) He is our leader in points and other things, but in voice he is not the player he can be or wants to be. There are different types of leaders. Perhaps he shouldn't have been our leader, perhaps Kevin Martin could have been our leader because he had a bit more experience, perhaps I could take a step forward to be the definitive leader.
Rubio

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:

From what the guy said, it was Monroe and Eric Gordon.  His source felt like there was a good chance something would happen.  I've talked about this guy before on here, he's hit on everything he's said except the DeMar Derozan interest.  From Benson buying the team, to changing the name, to Monty being on the hot seat, Ryan Andersons comparable injury to Peyton Manning, etc.  So I mean whoever this source is, is definitely reliable.

With that said, I don't think anything will actually happen.  I totally believe the teams are talking, the guy also said Monroe's girlfriend lives in New Orleans and works at Newman High School (where Peyton and Eli went), and that Monroe is often seen in the New Orleans area during the summer or when the Pistons are in town.  But there is so much that could happen between now and July 1st.  I would personally bet that Pelicans want to move Gordon for Monroe, but the Pistons want Ryno too, Pels would be reluctant.  With that said, I'm not too high on having Davis, Anderson, and Monroe here.  Seems like overkill and you would be wasting their individual talents.

I could even see a scenario where Gordon is moved to a 3rd team, and maybe some expirings, minimum contracts, one decent young player, and a huge trade exception go to Detroit.  That would make sense.
as long as we don't take back eric, i think these two teams fot best for a gmoe trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%