2014 NBA Draft Thread

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know the draft just ended a week or so ago. But it's time for the new thread. This is supposed to be the most heralded draft class in years.

One of the mods sticky this please.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just looked at nbadraft.net's mock, and they have Aaron Gordon going 24. Are they high?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, Dante Exum >>>

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
The best thing that could happen for Canada is that A.Wiggins gets drafted by Tdot !

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Raptors aren't bad enough for that to happen. Prob should clean house, hope for hometown luck

They may already be positioning themselves for the 2021 free agency class with Wiggins

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I want your boy LaQ

I think he breaks out this year

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Him and incoming freshman McLovin are all we have offensively, so if he doesn't break out it won't be for lack of chances. The team is his now.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Also, Dante Exum >>>
I think he goes to college & doesn't come out for the draft until 2015. He dominated the USA guards in the hoop summit this year.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My extremely early, and very likely to change, top 10 big board of college players:

1. Marcus Smart
2. Andrew Wiggins
3. Jabari Parker
4. Julius Randle
5. Joel Embiid
6. Noah Vonleh
7. Rodney Hood
8. Aaron Gordon
9. Andrew Harrison
10. Gary Harris

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't justify taking Smart over those top 4 freshman.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well like I said, it's extremely early and subject to change. With the way he's playing right now? It's arguable. I'd definitely take him over Randle and Embiid.

But I really don't think he keeps it up. Plus you have to start the discussion, PG or SG? I don't want my PG to be doing what he's doing in college right now.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It really has nothing to do with that for me. College production is nice, and does matter, but I don't think it's that important. No matter what kind of numbers Embiid puts up this year, I'm still putting him top 5 just because of the sheer upside. Same goes for Wiggins. If you're a freshman compared to a sophomore, you've got more bonus points on my end. College game isn't geared for everyone.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't pick Embiid over Smart just because his potential is higher. Guys like Embiid have a higher chance of busting.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you risk nothing you gain nothing

Shoot for the stars

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so some mocks have embiid as the 1st overall. thats incredible for a guy whis only been playing ball for like 3 years

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This just in: Wiggins is slipping out of contention for No. 1-2. The NBA guys I talk to say that will be Parker and Kansas seven-footer Joel Embiid. At No. 3, Wiggins has yet to separate himself from Kentucky power forward Julius Randle, Australian point guard Dante Exum and, depending on whom you talk to, Arizona forward Aaron Gordon.
Deep as this draft class is, its star quotient is another question. Setting aside comparisons to LeBron James and Durant, who are beyond anyone on the horizon, no one in this class is as highly regarded as No. 1 picks Anthony Davis (2012), Kyrie Irving (2011), John Wall (2010), Blake Griffin (2009) or Derrick Rose (2008).
Wiggins, a 6-8 small forward, is blessed with fabulous athleticism and length but often drifts, or as scouts say, “Motor?” He has a “loose handle” with a high dribble and drives in straight lines, making it hard to get past defenders (“doesn’t beat you off the bounce”) and create his own shot, a make-or-break skill for NBA superstardom.

As special as Wiggins is physically, he now amounts to a super-athletic project. The intangibles that will decide, like coachability and hunger, are harder to judge… but drifting is a red flag, raising the question of how natural, or important, it is to stand out. It’s not something that came up with Kyrie, AD or Blake, to say nothing of the young KD, LeBron James or Kobe Bryant.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markheisler/2014/01/12/nba-wakes-to-find-andrew-wiggins-and-entire-class-of-14-arent-that-good/

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm in love now with SG Zach LaVine (can play PG too but I think he is best suited as a SG). He might go Top 5

Mexi would love this kid.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually watched parts of the past two ucla games and yeah kid is a stud

I want him to go to denver

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
draft express has him in the 2nd round and nbadraft has him 9th overall lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%