2014 NBA Draft Thread

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can we talk about Dante Exum in this thread please...He could slide into my top 3 prospects

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if he'll get the black flag from medics after he gets evaluated a la Sullinger.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't think he'd get Sully'd cuz of his insanely higher potential, but he could fall to 6-7 possibly. Doubt he falls past Boston if we don't grab Parker/Wiggins, even if his stock drops

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
^ I just meant black flagged like Sullinger did. I didn't mean falling that deep into the draft.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jabari Parker said last week that the way the season ended and if he felt like he left anything on the court at Duke would determine if he came back to school or not.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Said today his college career feels "incomplete". Doubt he comes back but I wouldn't put it past him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seems like you get at least one surprise a year, so it's possible.

Honestly I feel like there's a really good chance one of Parker or Embiid return to school.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As someone who isn't a fan of Parker, I'd say him going back would end up hurting his stock. His defensive issues and at times erratic outside shot will gain more attention.

I just don't see the upside with him.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd be ABSOLUTELY shocked if he stayed.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Embiid and Parker stay.
I think Embiid's injury makes it almost a given he goes. 

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
I'd be shocked if Embiid and Parker stay.
I think Embiid's injury makes it almost a given he goes. 
I don't think it makes sense for Embiid to stay tbh. I agree with you about the injury part. He doesn't wanna risk his stock falling next year.

Parker is a different story, but I hope he goes. 

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
playmaker7 said:
I don't think it makes sense for Embiid to stay tbh. I agree with you about the injury part. He doesn't wanna risk his stock falling next year.

Parker is a different story, but I hope he goes. 

Except if he can't handle a 30 game season what is he gonna do during an 82 game season.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Embiid has been hesitant about being a one and done regardless. Definitely wouldn't shock me if his back was labeled to big a risk for teams and he came back to KU

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
“I’ve been saying all along that the experts on ESPN and so forth are blowing this draft out of proportion,” Ainge said. “First of all, we don’t even know who’s in the draft yet. There are a lot of underclassmen that are projected, so we’re prepared for those underclassmen that are projected draft picks but we don’t know who’s going to be in the draft.

“There aren’t any game changers in the draft. There are a lot of nice players and players that we’ll be excited to work into the development, but they’re not going to come in and turn our team around in one year or two years. But hopefully we’ll be able to get a couple of players this year that will be rotation players in the NBA for years to come.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%