2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty simple solution to your problem here. Stop watching

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're acting like the Spurs and Heat are just awful to watch. Both teams are fun as fuck when they got it going. Just because your definition of fun is having the underdog win every round doesn't mean it's not fun for anybody else.
Fuck those teams for being good, right?

And regardless, the Pacers just stole home court, so what are you mad about?

And if you don't enjoy it,

Stop watching

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The problem isn't that these teams are good; it's that all the teams that aren't are handicapped by a ceiling. They'll never be good enough to break through.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I can't stand the way luck keeps playing its hand in this series. Splitter's made two big shots in this overtime, shots have fallen out of the rim on the Grizzlies.
Give me a legitament reason on why "luck" has anything to do with an actual professional game.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
I'll be in Memphis for game 4. By myself. Wearing my 2005 Finals Duncan jersey. Riot.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
How is the Spurs' fault bware?

They are a team led by two former 2nd round non-Americans and a 15 year vet. It's a shame to the NBA because they have the best coach ever (yes better than Red, which means something from me) and they continue to win when EVERYONE in the public eye counts them out?? Miami, I can understand you not liking. But SA? You gotta give them props.

And the players dictate the trades because it saves the team. You can't stop a player signing with a ballclub in free agency, so why waste your assets.

Like sure, Orlando didn't have to trade Dwight to the Lakers. He could have been a Milwaukee Buck, but if Dwight isn't gonna stay, then why should Milwaukee waste their assets. Players will sign in the large markets that they want, and there is no stopping it.

Look at the NFL, which is the most balanced league in terms of competition based on salaries. Players either go to winners (Dumervil to BAL, Welker to DEN), or to marketable areas (Wallace to MIA, Barwin to PHI). And due to a much higher cap, some players like Paul Kruger take the most money and go to Cleveland. In the NBA, FAs will want to go to the marketable Clippers/Lakers/Heat or the talented Thunder. Due to the lower salary cap, teams can't afford tons of stars, so instead of taking max offers and signing with the Bucks, they take less money and go play for a winner. And there is nothing the league can do to make the league more competitive

Lower the salary cap? All that will do will have Lebron play for less money. He doesn't care about his NBA salary, he cares about his championship rings that he wins

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
How is the Spurs' fault bware?

They are a team led by two former 2nd round non-Americans and a 15 year vet. It's a shame to the NBA because they have the best coach ever (yes better than Red, which means something from me) and they continue to win when EVERYONE in the public eye counts them out?? Miami, I can understand you not liking. But SA? You gotta give them props.

And the players dictate the trades because it saves the team. You can't stop a player signing with a ballclub in free agency, so why waste your assets.

Like sure, Orlando didn't have to trade Dwight to the Lakers. He could have been a Milwaukee Buck, but if Dwight isn't gonna stay, then why should Milwaukee waste their assets. Players will sign in the large markets that they want, and there is no stopping it.

Look at the NFL, which is the most balanced league in terms of competition based on salaries. Players either go to winners (Dumervil to BAL, Welker to DEN), or to marketable areas (Wallace to MIA, Barwin to PHI). And due to a much higher cap, some players like Paul Kruger take the most money and go to Cleveland. In the NBA, FAs will want to go to the marketable Clippers/Lakers/Heat or the talented Thunder. Due to the lower salary cap, teams can't afford tons of stars, so instead of taking max offers and signing with the Bucks, they take less money and go play for a winner. And there is nothing the league can do to make the league more competitive

Lower the salary cap? All that will do will have Lebron play for less money. He doesn't care about his NBA salary, he cares about his championship rings that he wins
One of the best posts you have ever made.

But, I have a feeling Miami might blow out Indy tonight. It was huge for Indy to take one of those games from the Heat tho.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Their fault? Because they have, what, 3 titles in the last 15 years, looking at 4 now? Or are they looking at 5? I can't remember. Either way, we don't need this shit any more.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pumped for a Pacers game
New NBA

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only thing I dislike when people are talking about the Spurs is when they start talking about the "Spurs" model.  In drafting Manu and Parker, yes they did get lucky in them becoming the players they are or were.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Spurs model is player development and scouting
Only Duncan was a top pick on that team

Splitter 28th pick, Kawhi was the 15th pick and they got him for George Hill who was the 26th pick his year

Yeah they got lucky Manu and Parker became stars, but thats scouting

I mean cmon. Danny Green would probably be out of the leafue if not for the spurs. Bonner too
Gary Neal, Cory Joseph wtf

Boris Diaw was dead

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Spurs model is player development and scouting
Only Duncan was a top pick on that team

Splitter 28th pick, Kawhi was the 15th pick and they got him for George Hill who was the 26th pick his year

Yeah they got lucky Manu and Parker became stars, but thats scouting

I mean cmon. Danny Green would probably be out of the leafue if not for the spurs. Bonner too
Gary Neal, Cory Joseph wtf

Boris Diaw was dead
manu and parker still couldve busted had they not had a good staff on the team. i 100% agree with you. their system is player development and scouting.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
just routine
low 1sts and 2nd rounders become legit players with the spurs
it's amazing

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Danny Green wasn't some scouting trick on their part either. They waived him almost immediately after signing him initially.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lance Stephenson is my favorite player, it's official.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%