2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so when the grizzlies get swept after tonight hollins is done in memphis?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
so when the grizzlies get swept after tonight hollins is done in memphis?

I would hope not. They're not going to find a better coach on the market unless Adelman leaves Minnesota.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
there was a stretch last night where the heat had 4 straight flops called their way.

Jesus, it got that bad (I was at a Memorial Day cookout and my cousins have no cable or dish [I actually love that part of being at their place--everybody's active])? It sounded like the Heat were going to win, regardless, but there's no excuse for falling for that shit. I want to see some fines.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea typically bad calls dont upset me too much but the stretch where the ball went miamis way was pretty bad.

hollins cam command some big money and memphis is cheap.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From what I can remember two of them were not that bad. Questionable calls? Maybe. One Battier call PG really charged into him on a set screen. The other one LeBron supposedly flopped on a PG drive, but all he did was flinch a little. 
The Wade one was not called.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it wasnt called but prior to that they did have 3 bad calls..

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
buzzy said:
From what I can remember two of them were not that bad. Questionable calls? Maybe. One Battier call PG really charged into him on a set screen. The other one LeBron supposedly flopped on a PG drive, but all he did was flinch a little. 
The Wade one was not called.

It doesn't matter if they weren't that bad. A flop is a flop.

I just wish the NBA would push an initiative to cut down on the automatic offensive foul so many refs call if a defensive player hits the floor. I understand it's an offensive league so they want the defense to have some advantages, but they call so many charges that would be called blocks at the HS or college level. It's frustrating, because it's the wrong call. And that's one that's consistent for every team; no favoritism, but it makes the NBA hard to watch when there's a ton of them in a row.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After the Spurs beat the Cavs in the finals, Tim Duncan told Lebron, "The future is yours."  

5 years later, here we are again.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tim Duncan is underrated on the all time list of whiners, though.  Every time he gets called for a foul, it looks like his eyes are about to pop right out of his head.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Memphis just ran out of gas. You can't win a title when every bucket takes so much effort.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
This is probably a stretch, but what the hell

Dwight Howard's contract with the Lakers ended this season, but that isn't his only contract that ended: his shoe deal with Adidas.

Now, with cap space for him to sign, the ability to get the largest shoe deal in NBA history, and having a close relationship with their newly hired head coach, along with a new re-brand that NBA fans have been longing for, does Dwight Howard sign with the Charlotte Bobcats Hornets??

Jordan can give him a huge deal with Jordan Nike. They have young pieces like Kemba, MKG, and the #4 overall pick. He's really close with Steve Clifford. And while Dwight wanted to be surrounded by talent, its evident he liked to be the #1 guy like back in Orlando rather than being Kobe's sidekick.

Howard-Bismack-MKG-Gordon-Kemba. And they have enough cap to get a 2014 max FA (cough cough LeBron)

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Bobcats were just a tad better it would make sense. But I don't think Jordan brand would pay him that much more than Adidas. He'll get a shit ton with whomever he's gonna sign. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosox kicking it up a notch i see
next level

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jalen Rose said TOny Parker is 3rd best player
Sigh

Just put CP on the spurs and tony on the clippers...

I love Tony, but hes not better than chris. Top 10 though, yeah tony is in that

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes averaged 24/9 the playoffs. he steps it up when hes needed. idk, hes pretty damn good, maybe he is the best pg.

bosox, took it up a level. and it actually makes sense

:O

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Why do the Pacers have to play 5 on 8 all the time? This is ridiculous?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Why do the Pacers have to play 5 on 8 all the time? This is ridiculous?

I'm guessing that you're fine with the way the last 3 minutes of this game went down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%