2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This shall be the official NBA Playoffs Thread!

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eastern Conference
(1) Heat vs (8) Bucks
(2) Knicks vs (7) Celtics
(3) Pacers vs (6) Hawks
(4) Nets vs (5) Bulls

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All that's left is the seeding in the West. Is it just between Houston and LA or does Houston have the tiebreaker with Golden State should they lose?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see all the top Eastern seeds advancing

btw is Rose straight up done this year? what if the bulls advance?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rose doesn't give two shits about this year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i need dirk in chicago
maybe something around Deng
but thats for another thread :)

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So Mexi, you ready to put money on the Rockets?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im fucking pissed
jeremy lin sucks. they should have stuck with beverly

bullshit all around. james was off, lin sucks, refs clearly favored the lakers but that wasnt why they won

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
now i have to live through people talking themselves into the lakers upsetting the spurs

spurs wouldnt lose twice in round 1 in 3 years, would they?

i admit though, it COULD be interesting. idk the status of anyone in SA. is parker healthy? where's manu? diaw is done? 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'll take the grizz over the clips in 6
i dont believe in boston, sorry. i dont like the knicks either, but i say knicks in 5

the rest are par for the course i think. only one i dont know is the bulls/nets but honestly, i dont care about that series at all

i've been saying houston could beat OKC if Westbrook is off. they could
but they probably wont. i hope im wrong. wouldn't that be cool?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
series im looking forward to most is Nuggets/Warriors. i see some fun late nights on TNT coming up. yes

Grizz and Clips part 2 should be another blood bath. i guess that'll be fun too, but that Dubs series entices me more. idk who wins it. really really looking forward to Steph

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
im fucking pissed
jeremy lin sucks. they should have stuck with beverly

bullshit all around. james was off, lin sucks, refs clearly favored the lakers but that wasnt why they won
Hello bware

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
haha
the rockets were in the penalty 4 minutes into the 4th though

a lot of BS

BUT they lost it. they should have won. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
could you imagine a Kobe-less team beating a team with TMac on it in the 1st round?

that is the worst thing ever

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
snipe said:
Hello bware

Houston didn't deserve to win that game, but if you don't think the officiating clearly favored LAL, you weren't watching. It's as simple as that.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
You know...I'll gladly give the Lakers the 7 seed, because this game should have been over in the third quarter.

Let's not even talk about the gratuitous amount of free throws that Harden should have had in the last 5 minutes of regulation and throughout OT. Howard and Gasol got away with MANY fouls when James drove to the hoop and...nothing.

I understand that you don't want to give him any freebies, but that does not mean you get to look away from obvious fouls when he earns free throws. Fuck the officiating in tonight's game. It was awful. Not even close to the reason Houston lost, but it certainly contributed.

Congrats, LA. You earned the 7 seed with a side of having it handed to you. 

Especially in the last minute or two of OT when James drove to the hoop, Howard went up straight, and then hacked at James' shooting hand and got all hand, but no foul. That was just fucking awful.

However--Houston should have ran away with this game. No Kobe. No Nash. No excuses, Houston. You earned your 8 seed. You earned your 4-1 exit from the first round of the playoffs. Not only could you not beat a depleted Phoenix team, you couldn't axe an LA team that had no business on the same floor as you with scrubs playing at positions 1-3. Fuck you, Houston. Fuck you.

Hey...you know that superstar we supposedly have? #13, James Harden...who was Jodie Meeks driving on for the dagger jam in tonight's game? James friggin' Harden.

James has to learn to play defense. All year we've lost games because of his lack of focus on the defensive end in close situations. Houston either hangs 110-130 and wins easily, or loses close because their big name studs (Harden, Lin) don't play defense. Fuck off.

I love and hate this Rockets team. They are exciting, and Chandler Parsons is fucking awesome, but the rest? They are their own undoing. They are their own weakness. Fuck this. I don't even think I'm going to watch Houston in the playoffs. 4-0 most likely, 4-1 at best. Goodnight and safe driving. See you around Halloween, Rockets.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
That Harden/Dwight call in OT was absolutely right. Harden charged at D12 and thruster his body for contact. Dwight went straight up. Harden was going downwards and was about halfway there on his fall when there was the "foul" you talked of.

1. It looked clean to me
2. That ball wasn't making it past Dwight regardless. Having a foul called would have been a bitch call, and THAT would be a call that showed favoritism.

Dwight playing great D and Harden thrusting himself to create contact isn't a foul. It isn't pro-Lakers reffing, or those would be charges.

Houston shouldn't have even been in OT if it weren't for that lucky ass buzzer beater

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%