2012 NFL Draft Thread.

Barcode

Reaction score
I'd probably be angry if we took another lesser known defensive player from a lesser school.

Another bad draft this year and were gonna have to do something. Rex has yet to put together a good draft class and before we hired him we hit on most of our early round picks in recent memory, Revis and Harris in one draft, Brick and Mangold in another, Keller
Tannenbaum, not Ryan.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Tannenbaum, not Ryan.
Rex has a ton of say on defensive players, and we've taken defense the past two years and haven't gotten a real impact player in either Wilson or Wilkerson.

Tannenbaum drafted all those guys I mentioned in that post.

Barcode

Reaction score
Rex has a ton of say on defensive players, and we've taken defense the past two years and haven't gotten a real impact player in either Wilson or Wilkerson.

Tannenbaum drafted all those guys I mentioned in that post.
This is just me, but I usually put a majority of the blame on GMs when players bust/suck/under perform. Sure, coaches put players in wrong positions (scheme) , but skill usually rises.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
This is just me, but I usually put a majority of the blame on GMs when players bust/suck/under perform. Sure, coaches put players in wrong positions (scheme) , but skill usually rises.
I'm saying that Rex told Tannenbaum to draft this guys, not that he didn't use them properly.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I'm saying that Rex told Tannenbaum to draft this guys, not that he didn't use them properly.
Tannenbaum drafts guys who he thinks that fits Rexs system.

I remember during hard knocks Rex said hes only allowed to have imput on 1 draft pick a year.. Which was Jon Connor in 2010?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From what I hear, Chase Ford is having some solid practice sessions at the Shrine Game.

I just hope that all scouts and talent evaluators take that with a grain of salt. Regardless of how well he performs in the game OR the practices. I've seen the guy play first hand since Juco. He's absolutely abysmal in pretty much every aspect. Only thing he really has is size. Can't catch, can't block to save his life, and isn't a great athlete.

I only mention this because I've seen guys like Wes Bunting mention how good he's looked in the practices. I don't think I'd waste a pick on him before the 6th round. My draft evaluations for Miami players have been pretty accurate the past 5 years or so as well... heh

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Dude at the NFLPA game practices is saying that hes talked to Scouts there thats saying they wouldn't draft any WR from this class in the top 10. Including Blackmon.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anonymous scouts say a lot of weird and dumb shit leading up to draft day.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Dude, to be elite you don't need to be sub 4.5! 4.5 is fine! Watch the film, he's always out running people. He beat Amukamara deep multiple times and Amukamara ran a 4.43. 40 doesn't matter as much as people think.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I already posted this a while ago, but even Tom Heckert (who has been pretty successful in the draft) said on radio that his big board is pretty much set already and will "almost be locked up" after the Super Bowl.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Dude, to be elite you don't need to be sub 4.5! 4.5 is fine! Watch the film, he's always out running people. He beat Amukamara deep multiple times and Amukamara ran a 4.43. 40 doesn't matter as much as people think.
40 matters more to scouts than what you think.

Still don't see Blackmon in the top 5. Too much other talent and needs for teams than WR.

Its like Michael Crabtree in 2009. Everybody had him going to the Browns or some shit real early in the draft. Nobody had him slipping. I was one of the only ones to say He'd be around to where the Jags were picking (8th) and look at that. Fell to 10th overall.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
40 matters more to scouts than what you think.

Still don't see Blackmon in the top 5. Too much other talent and needs for teams than WR.

Its like Michael Crabtree in 2009. Everybody had him going to the Browns or some shit real early in the draft. Nobody had him slipping. I was one of the only ones to say He'd be around to where the Jags were picking (8th) and look at that. Fell to 10th overall.
Mike Leach accused Mangini of killing Crabtree's draft stock by calling him a diva.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%