2012 NFL Draft Thread.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
titan have u finished that mock draft template?

TTN2810

Reaction score
Nope. I've had so much homework, that when I get a chance to do what I want, I edit prospect videos lol. It's still pretty early anyways to do mocks.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Dre' Kirkpatrick was arrested this morning with possession of 16 Grams of Weed. '

Well.

Take him off the Jaguars board.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is 16 grams enough to get tagged with intent to distribute?
There isn't a set number, but it would be a waste of time to tag an athlete with that charge, because it would never stick unless they have a slam dunk case.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Browns need a quarterback badly. They own the No. 4 overall pick in the 2012 draft.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur already made some positive comments about Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, so it was only a matter of time before a report emerged connecting the Browns to Griffin with something more tangible than speculation.

As part of NFL.com’s ridiculously early mock draft party on Tuesday, Steve Wyche projects the Browns will trade up with the Rams for the No. 2 overall pick to take Griffin.

“Cleveland needs Griffin — and wants him, according to league sources,” Wyche writes.

He points out that the Browns have the most ammo of any team looking to move up, and the Rams would probably like to move down but stay in the top five.

This is all way too early, but it makes a lot of sense. It makes so much sense that we expect to hear some variation of this rumor on a regular basis until late April.
:thumbup:

Mooche

Reaction score
Griffin to Cleveland is what I am seeing right now. Only way it doesn't happen is if a team trades up before the Browns and scoops him IMO.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
With Griffin now scheduled to go in the top 5. It means a better talent will be pushed down to the Jaguars.

I like it.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah...like months. I knew it during the CFB year. But all the "big" draft guys suddenly went on the hype train.

TTN2810

Reaction score
See Kam, I'm not the only one who thinks Blackmon is just as good/better than Bryant:

Bucky Brooks:
4. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State:[font="arial][left] Explosive catch-and-run playmaker with a more refined game than his Oklahoma State predecessor [/left][/font][/color][url="http://www.nfl.com/players/dezbryant/profile?id=BRY336027"]Dez Bryant[/url].

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://nfldraftupdate.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/nfldraftupdates-2012-nfl-mock-draft-v-1/

Guy that I follow on twitter that does stuff for Nationall Football Post and does NFL Draft analysis and this is his first mock draft. Trades included.

vikesfan

Reaction score
http://nfldraftupdate.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/nfldraftupdates-2012-nfl-mock-draft-v-1/

Guy that I follow on twitter that does stuff for Nationall Football Post and does NFL Draft analysis and this is his first mock draft. Trades included.
Kirkpatrick just got busted with a bunch of marijuana, his stock will most likely drop like Percy Harvin. Dropping him to a late first or early second round pick.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kirkpatrick just got busted with a bunch of marijuana, his stock will most likely drop like Percy Harvin. Dropping him to a late first or early second round pick.
guy said he isn't factoring that into yet. Since it's not official official yet.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does possessing marijuana suddenly deplete your football ability?

vikesfan

Reaction score
Does possessing marijuana suddenly deplete your football ability?
It doesn't relate to football skills, just associating it with past viking receivers such as Percy Harvin. Randy Moss fell to us do to his marijuana use in college. Percy Harvin would have been a top 10 pick as well but fell cuz he got busted with marijuana right around the combine.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'd probably be angry if we took another lesser known defensive player from a lesser school.

Another bad draft this year and were gonna have to do something. Rex has yet to put together a good draft class and before we hired him we hit on most of our early round picks in recent memory, Revis and Harris in one draft, Brick and Mangold in another, Keller

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jaguars won't take Kirkpatrick just because we've had Run ins with the Law before with players and if they have any arrests, then they're automatically off Gene Smiths board

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Browns first two picks last year both had previous arrests and the 3rd pick was suspended for an entire season in College. Good lookin draft too

:toolman:

TTN2810

Reaction score
Titans couldn't give a shit about that stuff. All they care about is on field lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%