2012 NFL Draft Thread.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Darron Thomas declared for the draft.

Drew Rosenhaus is probably the worst advisor to have. Such a stupid decision.
Yeah, Thomas has no future in the NFL.

But then again, Dennis Dixon somehow managed to latch on in the NFL for three or four years now and Thomas is better than him.

Mooche

Reaction score
Darron Thomas is likely to go undrafted. Dumb move.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And if he goes back next year and loses his job, he doesn't even get a sniff at the NFL. At least now he'll make a practice squad.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
And if he goes back next year and loses his job, he doesn't even get a sniff at the NFL. At least now he'll make a practice squad.
Who the hell would he lose his job too? A freshman Jake Rodrigues? Bryan Bennet?

Not going to happen.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im saying as a worst case scenario. At best, he's still going un drafted next year

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm going to tell you all right now: Osweiler will be in first round consideration by April. He's shown he can make reads (not consistently yet though, but he has the ability) and is generally smart with the football, which is a big thing for a QB with an arm like his. Underrated accuracy too.

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
Osweiler is my second best QB prospect for 2012 as of right now. I’ve always believed his sheer size and arm strength combination were enough to make him successful with some time learning pocket presence and defenses on the bench he can be something special.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Second? No way is he better than RG3, and it's not close.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He could do a better job of that, but either way he still transfers the weight, and it seems like he gets everything he has on the ball. If he isn't, wow, because he is really slinging it.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He just looks really awkward in the pocket, not sure what it is 100% but he looks weird doing it.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I know what you are referring to (I think), but it's actually a good thing. Is it how he shifts his whole body to set his feet and throw? It's different, but it's why he's so accurate.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Eric Page declared a few days ago.

Him and TY Hilton are my two favorite receiver prospects in this class.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He could do a better job of that, but either way he still transfers the weight, and it seems like he gets everything he has on the ball. If he isn't, wow, because he is really slinging it.
I think if he worked on that it would make even more lethal. It probably could make him have even more power and better accuracy on his throws.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's always alternately shuffling his feet in the pocket. That's probably why he throws off balance so often. He's throwing with nothing but his upper body if he finds his receiver right after shuffling off his front foot.

Seems like a mechanical flaw that can be fixed. He needs to widen his base a bit. It works for him in college because he keeps himself in position to take off if he needs to, but he's going to have to rely more on his arm and less on his legs in the NFL.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not saying they're better. I just enjoyed watching them more in college.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah, more like a favorite player. I like Wilson more than Richardson, but doesn't mean he's better. I understand now lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%