2012 NFL Draft Thread.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Is Terrance Williams returning for his senior season?

Wright gets all the pub, but Williams looks pretty damn good to me too. Why does he get no attention?
You gotta watch the Kansas St game. Wright shows how great he is in that one. Williams is good, but no Wright. I liked Tevin Reese better than Williams TBH.

Also for your other post, Nwachukwu showed some stuff, but also a lot of mental lapses and drops. However, I still love Swope. Just my type of player. I really wanted him to come out but he didn't.

swoosh

Reaction score
His production almost doubled this year...
He wasn't this good last year.
It was there last year too. Just not as much. It's not like he turned into a completely different player this season.

TTN2810

Reaction score
But he proved he's a big time player and can do it week in and week out. If you look at his 2010 season, he had 4 big games, 2-3 against bad competition. This year he did it almost every week.

swoosh

Reaction score
But he proved he's a big time player and can do it week in and week out. If you look at his 2010 season, he had 4 big games, 2-3 against bad competition. This year he did it almost every week.
He didn't get nearly as many looks the previous year, but yeah obviously consistency from a stats standpoint is what got him noticed. It wasn't until he was putting up huge statistical numbers that people started to jump on the bandwagon. My point is, stats aside, I don't know how people didn't notice him before. He jumped out when I watched Baylor. People couldn't have possibly missed what I was seeing. The only thing I can think of is people simply weren't watching Baylor.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You gotta watch the Kansas St game. Wright shows how great he is in that one. Williams is good, but no Wright. I liked Tevin Reese better than Williams TBH.

Also for your other post, Nwachukwu showed some stuff, but also a lot of mental lapses and drops. However, I still love Swope. Just my type of player. I really wanted him to come out but he didn't.
I'm not saying Wright isn't good. I'm fully aware of his talent, but Williams is no slouch himself. Bigger, possession receiver with solid top end speed. Good blocker as well. I like him. We'll have see what type of season he can put together without RG3.

and Tevin Reese is probably 150 soaking wet. If he doesn't put on at least 15-20 pounds, he'll never play a down at the next level.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Kendall Wright, I do, but he's pretty much a Mike Wallace type of player. Mike Wallace is a great receiver, but I wouldn't spend a top 15 pick on Mike Wallace. Wright would have much more success as a complimentary receiver in the NFL. I don't know if he can be a #1.

I honestly think you'd get more value out of Jarius Wright in the 3rd or 4th round than you would with Kendall Wright in the top 25. Not quite as explosive, but a much more polished route runner. Would come in and dominate the slot early in his career.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Reese is only a sophmore though, and I'd say he's closer to 160. Obviously not a great prospect, but he could be a useful little player.

Mooche

Reaction score
Wright isn't worth a top twenty five selection.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'd take him at 15 at the earliest. He's better than Mike Wallace IMO.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I remember a time, post-college football season, when the Patriots actually had a shot at drafting Kendall Wright... not anymore

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take him at 15 at the earliest. He's better than Mike Wallace IMO.
He's a Mike Wallace type of player though.

I've seen comparisons to players like Wallace, Antonio Brown and Steve Smith. As far as size comparisons, you've got Desean, Harvin, Welker, Holmes, Royal, etc. Of all the guys mentioned, I believe the highest overall draft pick was at 23. The league is littered with players like Wright. He's a great weapon to have, but I wouldn't prefer spending a top 20 pick on a complimentary receiver.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He's a Mike Wallace type of player though.

I've seen comparisons to players like Wallace, Antonio Brown and Steve Smith. As far as size comparisons, you've got Desean, Harvin, Welker, Holmes, Royal, etc. Of all the guys mentioned, I believe the highest overall draft pick was at 23. The league is littered with players like Wright. He's a great weapon to have, but I wouldn't prefer spending a top 20 pick on a complimentary receiver.
DeSean, Harvin, Welker, & Holmes are all their teams #1s though.. So what makes you think that hes a "complimentary" WR?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DeSean, Harvin, Welker, & Holmes are all their teams #1s though.. So what makes you think that hes a "complimentary" WR?
All of them are basically #1 options by default. None of them produce like #1's except Welker, who is a slot guy that is utilized like a #1, but doesn't draw coverage from the opposing teams best corner every play.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I think Smith is (at least used to be) a #1 WR, and he's the closest guy for me with Wright.
No way would I take Wright at 7 though. That's like the Ginn reach lol.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Darron Thomas declared for the draft.

Drew Rosenhaus is probably the worst advisor to have. Such a stupid decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%