2012 NBA season thread

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CP3 on the Thunder :eek:

but that means no westbrook :/ but I think the team would be alot better with CP3.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CP3 on the Thunder :eek:

but that means no westbrook :/ but I think the team would be alot better with CP3.
There's been a lot of talk about a deal that would send Westbrook, Harden, and possibly Ibaka to New Orleans for Chris Paul.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
fuck that..yea chris paul is a great talent and all but I wouldn't do that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CP3 would be better than Westy for the Thunder...but if they want Ibaka...no way in heck.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CP3 would be better than Westy for the Thunder...but if they want Ibaka...no way in heck.
Well that deal (from what I've heard) was discussed before the TD when they got Perk.

But that would be a good deal for both teams, rejecting a trade for Chris Paul because you don't want to include Ibaka? Give me a break, people couldn't even imagine how much better that team would be if they had CP running the show instead of a wild turnover prone guy like Westbrook. Guys like Ibaka are coming into the league now more than ever, the Thunder would be extremely stupid to not make that trade. They'd become the favorites for the title overnight.

I'd bet the reason the Hornets were so interested in adding Ibaka in the first place was because they weren't all that excited about trading Paul for Westbrook in the first place, it would less than a week for Westbrook to get in Monty's doghouse.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
trading russy, harden, and serge for CP3 is too much. if they can work out a deal where okc keeps harden then maybe.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't get why OKC is all gung ho for getting rid of Westrbrook.
He is still young, give the kid a break. They got some major talent in place there.
CP3 is a great player, but Westbrook is still an All-Star who made major strides to his game last year to become a better PG.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
trading russy, harden, and serge for CP3 is too much. if they can work out a deal where okc keeps harden then maybe.
I agree with this statement. I do not trade 3 starters for 1. If OKC keeps Harden, then yes I would do it. That is just way too much for CP3.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
russy isnt the point guard they need next to durant IMO. i love that duo though but CP3 could make them better, though it wont happen. i also dont think okc is ready and willing to deal russy. i dont see why they would for the reasons rip stated.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with this statement. I do not trade 3 starters for 1. If OKC keeps Harden, then yes I would do it. That is just way too much for CP3.
Well obviously the deal wouldn't have been just CP3 for Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka. I doubt that even works capwise. There would have been other pieces involved. And out of those three guys, only Westbrook played more than 27 minutes a game.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well obviously the deal wouldn't have been just CP3 for Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka. I doubt that even works capwise. There would have been other pieces involved. And out of those three guys, only Westbrook played more than 27 minutes a game.
yea but harden is a key piece and ibaka showed flashes that he could be a really good player for that team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Harden should be a starter, IDK why OKC continued to use Thabo. I look for Harden to get starter minutes this year for sure.

And like Pugz said, I think Ibaka could be a good player in the league and showed flashes of that last year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Harden should be a starter, IDK why OKC continued to use Thabo. I look for Harden to get starter minutes this year for sure.

And like Pugz said, I think Ibaka could be a good player in the league and showed flashes of that last year.
i think they played thabo for his defense, much like denver did with afflalo and jr off the bench.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think they played thabo for his defense, much like denver did with afflalo and jr off the bench.
I know, but I think that whole system is just dumb in general. Just doesn't make sense for a worst player to start over a better one to me. Even if one is better defensively.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
having a scorer off the bench helps the second unit. usually they come off against other backups so it makes scoring easier.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, but dude didn't even get starter minutes last year. It was quite apparent that he deserved them.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Warriors are not interested in using their amnesty provision on Andris Biedrins.

The team, instead, wants to make a push to acquire a big man such as Tyson Chandler, Samuel Dalembert, Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan or Nene.
he has two years left and a player option on the third. i have no clue why they wouldnt and then target one of those guys. he isnt good trade bait at all.

i also read at memphis will match any offer for marc gasol which most would agree with. i also dont see the clippers letting dj walk.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Marc takes a huge step to becoming an elite center this year.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funny they are looking at C's but won't amnesty Biedrins.

I have also heard that Portland is really considering using the amnesty on Roy...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really didnt think that portland would but itd be a good choice. hed be a good fit with a lot of teams. depending on who we waive roy wouldnt be a bad fit in chicago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%