2012 NBA season thread

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'd love to get Nene on this team. He's an incredibly efficient scorer and a solid post defender. His only weakness is rebounding but that's not really a problem since we get a ton of rebounds out of the 2 and 3 spots with LBJ and Wade being elite rebounders at their positions.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope Nene doesn't go to Miami...but that would be a good spot for him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami would have the worst bench in NBA history if they signed Nene.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wolves? Kyrie > DWill, and throw in TT on top of that.
maybe the cavs will be the better team, idk

i just said the wolves and clips and wiz are my teams to keep an eye on
maybe throw in the kings too

Derrick Williams, Love, im intrigued by Rubio and Adelman. Wolves have the potential to be a really really fun team to watch

with the Wizards, 4 intriguing young players. Wall, McGee, Vesely and my MIP prediction, Jordan Crawford

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wizards are going to suck. McGee is a bum, Wall is overrated, and the rest of their team are a bunch of chuckers.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#Hornets fans: Pay no attention to left-over season schedule. New one will be released once it's formulated. Dec. 26 opponent TBD.
Interesting.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i was hoping a new schedule would happen. i really wanna get league pass again so i can watch some of the younger teams, mainly the wolves and clippers.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wizards are going to suck. McGee is a bum, Wall is overrated, and the rest of their team are a bunch of chuckers.
wall is overrated? how?
he's probably a top 10 pg. once he learns to shoot he's going to be a really really good player

and i never said they'd be good
i said they'd be fun to watch imo
wall throwing oops to mcgee and vesely lol

same with the wolves. they'll be playing up tempo this year
and the kings are a little older, still young, but they were in a lot of games last year. i just want to see how they progress before moving to anaheim

i just like watching young teams
clippers have a shot at the playoffs though

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i was hoping a new schedule would happen. i really wanna get league pass again so i can watch some of the younger teams, mainly the wolves and clippers.
i read everyone will have at least one back-to-back-to-back and a max of 3

48 inter-conference games, 18 outer-conference games, so not every city will host every team

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man I really hope the Knicks come out firing on all cylinders. We need a good rebounding big man and I think this team can really compete with the top teams in the East.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
You guys aren't going to sign anyone worthwhile this off-season, you guys are putting all your eggs in the CP3 basket and aren't going to sign anyone to anything longer than a one year deal. All the quality FAs are going to sign multi-year deals.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wall is overrated? how?
he's probably a top 10 pg. once he learns to shoot he's going to be a really really good player

and i never said they'd be good
i said they'd be fun to watch imo
wall throwing oops to mcgee and vesely lol

same with the wolves. they'll be playing up tempo this year
and the kings are a little older, still young, but they were in a lot of games last year. i just want to see how they progress before moving to anaheim

i just like watching young teams
clippers have a shot at the playoffs though
Wall still needs to work on his decision making, defensive play, and especially his shooting.

I wouldn't put him in the top 10 just yet. His stats look good, but I don't think they back up how good he actually is. His future is a WHOLE lot better than his current play.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2011-12 NBA Schedule Breakdown

Regular Season Start Date: December 25, 2011

Regular Season End Date: April 26, 2012

Playoffs Start Date: April 28, 2012

Last Possible Finals Date: June 26, 2012
Individual Team Schedule Breakdown

Conference Games: 48

• Play 6 teams 4 times (2 home, 2 away)

• Play 4 teams 3 times (2 home, 1 away)

• Play 4 teams 3 times (1 home, 2 away)

Non-Conference Games: 18

• Play 3 teams 2 times (1 home, 1 away)

• Play 6 teams 1 time at home

• Play 6 teams 1 time away

Back to Back to Backs: All teams with at least 1; no more than 3

Playoff Back to Backs: Possible in second round

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
regular season ends april 26th holy shit

finals potentially on june 26th. wow

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wall still needs to work on his decision making, defensive play, and especially his shooting.

I wouldn't put him in the top 10 just yet. His stats look good, but I don't think they back up how good he actually is. His future is a WHOLE lot better than his current play.
i'd throw him in the top 10

Paul, Deron, Rose, Rondo, Nash, Parker, Westbrook, Curry are my 8 (no particular order)

final 2 go to Jrue and Wall imo (sorry JKidd and Chauncey)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'd throw him in the top 10

Paul, Deron, Rose, Rondo, Nash, Parker, Westbrook, Curry are my 8 (no particular order)

final 2 go to Jrue and Wall imo (sorry JKidd and Chauncey)
It's hard to decide, we haven't seen Wall in a long time so we don't really no how he will come out.

But I think there are some guys out there that don't have the numbers or flashy plays that are better overall point guards than Wall right now. But that could easily change in the next month.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MIAMI— An expected windfall for NBA contending teams in search of affordable talent could wind up short-circuited by the league's soon-to-be-approved collective-bargaining agreement.

The Sun Sentinel confirmed Sunday that instead of players being released under the league's "amnesty" provision going directly to the open market, a bidding system has been put in place for teams operating below the league's salary cap to add such players at a deep discount.

"That's what the clause is in there for," a party familiar with the impending process Sunday told the Sun Sentinel. "It's so the Lakers can't go in and scoop up all the players."

Under the amnesty program, a team can waive a player in order to remove his salary from its salary cap and luxury tax, while still paying out the balance of that contract. It had been widely assumed that such players then would immediately hit the open market.
This is easily the best thing I've heard about the new CBA, great news.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oooo that is good. But sucks for the team that they still have to pay the guy.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Found this regarding Chris Paul and the Knicks:

Don't understand the optimism. Here are THE FACTS:

Hornets can offer Paul 6 years/118 million if you include his opt-in year. Knicks can only offer 4 years and 49 million if he hits free agency next year- even if Melo and Amare are the only ones on the roster. Those two take up 39.5 million in cap space. Even if everyone else is cleared, you would still have 9 cap holds at a little over 1 million each. So now they are at 50 million. Cap will be between 58 and 61, meaning they can only start Paul off at between 8 and 11 million with 4.5% annual increases.

If Paul is dead set on going to New york, he will have to sacrifice 70 million. No way Demps trades him there when he will have 10 much better deals on the table.

Could CP3 become a Thunder, a Clipper, a Celtic? Definitely a possibility. Knicks? Zero percent chance unless he is willing to sacrifice 70 million.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A Clipper....that would be soooo awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%