2012 NBA season thread

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is an overriding theme nowadays when talking to those in the Detroit Pistons' front office: The three-year streak of missing the playoffs must come to an end next season.

Owner Tom Gores shares that thought.

Although he is only approaching the one-year anniversary of when he purchased the Pistons last year, he expressed that sentiment with reporters before tonight’s regular-season finale against the 76ers at the Palace.

“We better make the playoffs,” Gores said to reporters before tonight’s regular-season finale against the Philadelphia 76ers at the Palace. “That’s realistic.”

In approximately 10 minutes of interview time, Gores touched upon a variety of topics – including the futures of long-time Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars and first-year head coach Lawrence Frank.

Gores also expressed confidence in Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars and first-year coach Lawrence Frank, marveling at the level of communication between them.

“I’m pleased,” Gores said. “I’m pleased with the communication. I can call Joe anytime. Joe calls me anytime so I’m pleased with him.

“There are no barriers between the coach, the GM and the owner.”

Gores was asked if he would allow Dumars the freedom to make moves necessary to allow the franchise to return to its winnings ways.

“One of the things I realized this year is we have great players on the team so I’m not sure it requires any moves to make the playoffs,” Gores said. “I’m not saying we shouldn’t look at the possibilities of making changes, but I’m also so saying we have great players on this team.”
Kinda sounds like he putting Joe on a one year leash to get us to the playoffs, but at the same time I don't see how he can believe we have great players, and that we don't require any moves.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the coin flip for the Hornets-Cavs only decides one lottery combination. Both teams split the odds of 3 and 4 and get about a 13.5% chance of winning the lotto.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the coin flip for the Hornets-Cavs only decides one lottery combination. Both teams split the odds of 3 and 4 and get about a 13.5% chance of winning the lotto.
Yeah winner of the flip gets 138 chances, loser gets 137. The flips this afternoon at some point.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2012/04/27/hornets-lottery-probabilities-3/

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good deal, may the luck not be with you and be with the Cavs.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs won the coin toss and the worst pick they can get is #6. 94% chance to get top 5.

Success

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs won the coin toss and the worst pick they can get is #6. 94% chance to get top 5.

Success
Win win for the Hornets.

This way when we get the first pick it doesn't look like the draft was fixed, plus we only lose one chance.

Stern doesn't want to make it too obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%