2011-2012 official NBA transaction/rumor thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A source close to James Posey said the Knicks have been in contact with the forward as recently as Monday.

The source said Posey has been in talks with a number of teams and, as of Monday night, no deal had been struck.

According to a report Monday from the Boston Globe, the Celtics are not interested in re-signing Posey, who was a key piece to their 2008 NBA championship team.

Posey was amnestied by the Indiana Pacers and cleared waivers, so he is free to sign with any team.

Via Ian Begley/ESPNNewYork.com

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hornets are trying to make a trade for Greivis Vasques.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clips may be signing Reggie Evans...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steve Novak has been claimed off waivers by the Knicks. Novak was waived this week by the Spurs.
Via Alan Hahn/MSG (via Twitter)

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the looks of it we are keeping Damien Wilkins.
I heard we also have interest in Bogans for whatever reason?
And that we are going to push Kaman HARD up until he is able to be traded.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the looks of it we are keeping Damien Wilkins.
I heard we also have interest in Bogans for whatever reason?
And that we are going to push Kaman HARD up until he is able to be traded.
yea did you read how dumars hinted at trying to get kaman once hes open for trade and then wanting to extend his contract? lol. id be all for trying to land him and seeing how he works out but right now our best chance is getting him and letting him expire and try to sign him for cheaper. i dont want to move greg to the four.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea did you read how dumars hinted at trying to get kaman once hes open for trade and then wanting to extend his contract? lol. id be all for trying to land him and seeing how he works out but right now our best chance is getting him and letting him expire and try to sign him for cheaper. i dont want to move greg to the four.
Honestly the idea of Kaman isn't even appealing to me unless we are giving up Prince for him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
same here. i like kaman and id be all for him but unless we give up prince with cv for kaman+ i dont want it to happen. we'd need to add which id be fine with but he doesnt fit the long term idea and we'd need to add so much for our roster to not have logjams.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We are just going to end up giving up the youth for him or some dumb bullshit.
It's either Prince as the centerpiece for him or nothing.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Willie Green signed with the Hawks.

And Dalembert signed with the Rockets.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
clippers signed reggie evans. i think they should take a look at chuck hayes too.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They should of went after Dalembert. But oh well Evans is a dang good rebounder.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dally probably wanted too much money and a starting role. reggie will be a solid pickup for them dude can rebound thats forsure.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mickael Pietrus, recently released by the Phoenix Suns, is leaning "heavily" towards signing with the Boston Celtics, according to a league source.

Pietrus must first clear waivers -- that won't happen until 6 p.m. Saturday -- but it's highly unlikely that any team will want to pick up the $5.3 million he is owed this season.

The 6-foot-6 wing forward has been a player that Danny Ainge, Boston's president of basketball operations, has expressed interest in acquiring in the past.

Via A. Sherrod Blakely/CSNNE.com

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A source familiar with the Knicks' thinking said it is "possible" the Knicks would have interest in signing Kenyon Martin later in the season if they need a jolt up front and they will pocket their $2.5 million exception.

A source said the 33-year-old former Nets star would be amenable to joining the Knicks.

Another Chinese league player of interest also would be ex-Knick Wilson Chandler, who still is playing in Asia and also wouldn't be eligible until March.

Multiple sources said Chandler would love a return to the Knicks, who reluctantly traded him to Denver in the Carmelo Anthony deal last February.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post
idk howd they get chandler cause denver would match any offer for him thats under $11Mill most likely.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Martin is an unrestricted free agent. So Denver can't match.

Also I see Pietrus clearing waivers. Sounds like his knee is raising concerns.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Martin is an unrestricted free agent. So Denver can't match.

Also I see Pietrus clearing waivers. Sounds like his knee is raising concerns.
um. wilson chandler is a restricted free agent so thats who i was talking about. i thought most people on here would have understood that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh well the article mentioned both players...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%