2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marcin Gortat met with Daryl Morey just after midnight on Wednesday and the Knicks, Mavericks and Pacers are also interested in the big man's services.

"Powerball winner," was how one Eastern Conference executive described Gortat.
idk? would be better then dampier

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I saw post about Charlie V and Ben earlier, that's definitely good news for us. I just wished it was Ben and Millsap instead. But all indications are that Paul might be going to OKC. Anyways, Ben and Charlie would be nice, then we can trade Rip for a real center.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the Mavs and Rockets are both pursing Gortat.

IDK how to feel about it

The Mavericks have contacted free agent Quinton Ross, and are also planning on talking to Marcin Gortat soon.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Does anyone have an ESPN insider account that we could all use?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boozer is seriously the biggest douche bag on this planet. Him not opting out and getting the Pistons to waste their money possibly has cost us CV. We'll see what he does next year to screw us over.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
espn is retarded, 75% of the stuff is insider now, and you can probably get the info somewhere else. I'm on twitter and it's nice.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should be an interesting day. Wonder if Dumars has talked to Hedo at all.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Andersen - Has reportedly given a verbal commitment to the Nuggets.

No surprise there

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Portland Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan is flying to Orlando to have a Wednesday night dinner with the Blazers' top free-agent target, Hedo Turkoglu.

Turkoglu's agent, Lon Babby, said Wednesday that Turkoglu will then travel to Oregon for a Thursday tour of the Blazers' facilities and meetings with Portland general manager Kevin Pritchard and assistant GM Tom Penn.
Basically he is theirs, I don't even think Joey tried to reach him yet haha. But that works, since we are getting Gordon and CV most likely.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato might find this interesting, on bucher's twitter, a cleveland fan asked whats going on with the cavs, and he responded

@cursecleveland The latest I've heard is that they're going after Anthony Parker.about 2 hours ago from web in reply to cursecleveland

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm fine with overpaying one player but both BG and CV better not be getting overpaid. and we better have something in mind for moving Rip..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly. I'll be damned if we have Rip and Gordon on the same team.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We officially did not extend a qualifying offer to either Diogu or McCants, so they have both become unrestricted free agents (as expected).

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
The Utah Jazz will likely look to trade Carlos Boozer after he surprisingly decided to opt into his contract for the 2009-10 season.

Utah would like to keep Paul Millsap at power forward and retaining Boozer would mean severe luxury tax penalties.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the magic guy for the Orlando Sentinel posted this on twitter

Breaking news coming soon on #NBA free agent target for #Magic...half a minute ago from TweetDeck

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Hmmmm, breaking news? I wonder what it could be.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Dumars is expected to make Gordon an offer on the first full day of free agency, believed to be in the neighborhood of $50 million over five years.
There are some league observers who believe the Gordon deal with the Pistons could be done by the end of Wednesday.
The Pistons did waive Fabricio Oberto on Tuesday, which will save them about $1.7 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%