2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadez

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see if he goes back to the Bulls for a counter offer to make some more $$$$. They offered him 58 mil last year but he took too long to except and they took it off the table. He's been saying all along he wants to stay in the Chi. We shall see.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Wow good find maple
where are you gettin this stuff

Shadez

Reaction score
Wow good find maple
where are you gettin this stuff

Oh well!!! Looks like we'll be in the lottery next year and have plenty of cap space to be players for some big free agency. The team is still deep with Rose, Salmons, Deng, Thomas & Noah. Got Brad Miller, Kirk Heinrich, Tim Thomas, Taj Gibson and James Johnson. Sign a decent guard in free agency to a 1 year deal and we're good to go.

Would have much rather have paid top dollar for Gordon then Deng though. Deng hasn't even played a full season in 2 years now and he hasn't been around for either playoff appearances.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have to say today has been ridiculous. 0 agreements so far? It's so slow this year. I can't wait till next year

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs looking at Artest? If he wants a championship Ron would take the full MLE to sign there lol.

Mo/Delonte/Artest/LeBron/Shaq or play Ron at PF or SG. Good lord that would be crazy.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the Cavs and LeBron have been talking to Artest directly. Hopefully the Rockets don't want him back, cause if they don't he'll probably settle for the MLE this year, and be motivated for a big contract in 2010.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
The Pistons have reached a deal in principle with Ben Gordon, a source with knowledge of talks tells Adrian Wojnarowski.

The deal is believed to be worth $55 million over five years.
So he is probably getting $9.5 - 10 Million to start. I heard signing him doesn't mean we are trading Rip, someone said Joey is looking to keep him so we have extra offense. I don't understand how it will work though, both have said they will not come off the bench.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip better be on his way out..

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So boring right now, not much excitement yet out of Free Agency so far.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So boring right now, not much excitement yet out of Free Agency so far.
rumor says the raps are gonna offer Hedon't 5/60M and Portland 5/50M

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Rip better be on his way out..
Trust me, that's what I am hoping. He is probably pissed right now haha. SO many teams would like someone like him though, so it shouldn't be hard to get his ass out.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trust me, that's what I am hoping. He is probably pissed right now haha. SO many teams would like someone like him though, so it shouldn't be hard to get his ass out.
he just signed a pretty big extension

you might be able to trade him, but you would get some awful contracts back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%