• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
The one thing I don't hear is how the Saints added a lot of players to help defend Atlanta's offense. Mainly on the defensive line, adding guys like Aubrayo Franklin, Shaun Rogers, Cameron Jordan, Turk McBride, Tom Johnson, etc.

New Orleans and Atlanta have suprisingly had some defensive battles in past seasons and that will probably remain true this season.
werd
Atlanta's D has improved as well
the addition of Ray Edwards is gonna be good for us
and oh...did I mention Grimes is a fucking beast

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
werd
Atlanta's D has improved as well
the addition of Ray Edwards is gonna be good for us
and oh...did I mention Grimes is a fucking beast
I've always believed Edwards was overrated because of the line he played on, but he is still a very serviceable defensive end. I expect him to have 6-8 sacks. Has he practiced yet?

swoosh

Reaction score
I've always believed Edwards was overrated because of the line he played on, but he is still a very serviceable defensive end. I expect him to have 6-8 sacks. Has he practiced yet?
Allen and the Williams brothers aren't that much better than Abraham, Babs, and Jerry/Peters, especially with P. Williams on the decline. In fact, if Jerry has the season I think he'll have, I'd take Atlanta's line line (with Edwards) over Minnesota's line (with Edwards).

Ya, he's practiced.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Allen and the Williams brothers aren't that much better than Abraham, Babs, and Jerry/Peters, especially with P. Williams on the decline. In fact, if Jerry has the season I think he'll have, I'd take Atlanta's line line (with Edwards) over Minnesota's line (with Edwards).

Ya, he's practiced.
He hasn't played in a preseason game though correct?

and btw, I'd argue even with Pat Williams declining the Vikings line is still a good bit better. Kevin Williams is still one of the elite DT's out there, Pat is still a excellent run stuffer, and we all know about Jared Allen. The Falcons have John Abraham who is inconsistent in his pass rush and has to come off the field on run downs, Babs is very good but he isn't the best run defender, and who even knows about the other dt? That's a revolving door.

swoosh

Reaction score
He hasn't played in a preseason game though correct?

and btw, I'd argue even with Pat Williams declining the Vikings line is still a good bit better. Kevin Williams is still one of the elite DT's out there, Pat is still a excellent run stuffer, and we all know about Jared Allen. The Falcons have John Abraham who is inconsistent in his pass rush and has to come off the field on run downs, Babs is very good but he isn't the best run defender, and who even knows about the other dt? That's a revolving door.
Nope, but that's no big deal. Why risk it? No point.

Abe is inconsistent as a pass rusher? Ya...no. He's actually been one of the most consistent pass rushers in the league. Babs has been every bit as good as K. Williams the past two seasons; he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL IMO. P. Williams is a shell of his former self. If Jerry remains healthy this season, I'd easily take him over P. Williams.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nope, but that's no big deal. Why risk it? No point.

Abe is inconsistent as a pass rusher? Ya...no. He's actually been one of the most consistent pass rushers in the league. Babs has been every bit as good as K. Williams the past two seasons; he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL IMO. P. Williams is a shell of his former self. If Jerry remains healthy this season, I'd easily take him over P. Williams.
While it would be nice to see him get some snaps before the real games start, he's a vet so I don't think that's very important. Though new system/new teammates etc etc could play a part.

Abe as a Falcon:

That's not terribly inconsistent, but inconsistent nonetheless. If it isn't, what is?

And you can say Pat Williams is a shell of his former self, but he's still a very servicable run stuffer.

swoosh

Reaction score
While it would be nice to see him get some snaps before the real games start, he's a vet so I don't think that's very important. Though new system/new teammates etc etc could play a part.

Abe as a Falcon:

That's not terribly inconsistent, but inconsistent nonetheless. If it isn't, what is?
In the four sack season, he missed half the season. Regardless, sacks aren't the end be all. Take a look at his pressures. He has easily been one of the most consistent pass rushers, when healthy of course, since entering the league. The problem with him has always been injuries, but he's managed to stay healthy the last four seasons. Plus, you have to remember he hasn't had much help. He's been doubled a lot more than some of the other top pass rushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%