Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Norwood isn't back, I think you mean Snelling... Some Falcons fan, eh? BTW, you drafted Rodgers, you didn't sign him. And if your RBs are Snelling and Rodgers after Turner goes down, well... The team isn't in good shape.

BTW, what are the Saints weaknesses exactly?

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Lol it was kind of sarcastic. I don't think Tampa will win the South (it'll be the Saints or Falcons) but they are a very young and talented team, so anything is possible.

Also let me say this, speaking of the Saints-Falcons. Michael Turner has not had much success against the Saints. Aside from one game, his numbers are very average (I believe every game he has been under 4 YPC). Now the Saints added the big body of Shaun Rogers in the middle, but the bigger pickup is Aubrayo Franklin who will play a huge role in improving the Saints defense. Atlanta being a run first team, and the Saints adding so many guys who are good against the run (Franklin, Rogers, Cam Jordan) how will Atlanta have any consistent success running the football against us?

I think it is pretty obvious that we've built our DL this season to stop Atlanta's rushing attack, which like I mentioned has not really had much success against the Saints to being with. No run success, means you put a ton of pressure on Matt Ryan.
I wasnt aware all 16 games of the season were played against the Saints...
While Atlanta is a run first team, Im more than positive our passing game will be a success this year with White, Julio, Gonzo, and Douglas
Don't get me wrong, Saints and Falcons are both incredible teams, but I'm tired of everyone acting like the Saints are so much better than the Falcons and not cutting the Falcons any slack, even after a very successful regular season last year

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Norwood isn't back, I think you mean Snelling... Some Falcons fan, eh? BTW, you drafted Rodgers, you didn't sign him. And if your RBs are Snelling and Rodgers after Turner goes down, well... The team isn't in good shape.

BTW, what are the Saints weaknesses exactly?
What makes you so sure Turner will get hurt?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He had 334 carries last year - look at what happened the last time he lead the league in carries... Oh, and look at the history of the league's top carry-getters in the season after leading the league...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
LAWL.

All Ain't fans got mad.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
LAWL.

All Ain't fans got mad.
:huh2:

Only one arguing with Falcons right now is Yankees and he's not even a Saints fan.

Anyway I don't think we're that much better then the Falcons to the point we'll run away with the division, it'll be close. I still think however if we stay healthy this year we should win the division.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
:huh2:

Only one arguing with Falcons right now is Yankees and he's not even a Saints fan.

Anyway I don't think we're that much better then the Falcons to the point we'll run away with the division, it'll be close. I still think however if we stay healthy this year we should win the division.
I was talking about Negative repping me for saying "Wonder who voted for the Saints"

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wasnt aware all 16 games of the season were played against the Saints...
While Atlanta is a run first team, Im more than positive our passing game will be a success this year with White, Julio, Gonzo, and Douglas
Don't get me wrong, Saints and Falcons are both incredible teams, but I'm tired of everyone acting like the Saints are so much better than the Falcons and not cutting the Falcons any slack, even after a very successful regular season last year
What the heck are you talking about?

First off, notice I said "SAINTS-FALCONS WISE."

Secondly, what are you talking about everyone? Most people thinks Atlanta takes this division, including SI apparently.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
What the heck are you talking about?

First off, notice I said "SAINTS-FALCONS WISE."

Secondly, what are you talking about everyone? Most people thinks Atlanta takes this division, including SI apparently.
you were going on about turner not being able to run well against the Saints. I was just saying thats only 2 games out of the season, and Turner isn't our only chance of winning

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you were going on about turner not being able to run well against the Saints. I was just saying thats only 2 games out of the season, and Turner isn't our only chance of winning
It could matter come Week 16 when whoever wins takes the division lead.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It's gonna be a good battle, that's all I know with the Buccaneers surprising everybody. I'm sure they are predicted to finish 3rd by most people, but they have a good chance to pull it off.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look at the Bucs schedule last year.. The only good team they beat all year was the Saints in the last game.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look at the Bucs schedule last year.. The only good team they beat all year was the Saints in the last game.
and we rested our starters most of that game.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Haters...

It's up for grabs. Atlanta was the darling of the NFL last year, only to get mauled, at home, in the playoffs. ...Mauled. It wasn't even close -- no Falcons fan can say it was. The whole "Matty Ice" name needs to die as well. He's anything but clutch. Drafting Jones that early is either going to be awesome for them -- or the biggest "lulz" in the NFL.

Turner, White and Ryan don't really strike fear into my eyes as a Tampa fan. IIRC Turner has never rushed for 100-yards against us. Ryan surely doesn't worry me either.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Haters...

It's up for grabs. Atlanta was the darling of the NFL last year, only to get mauled, at home, in the playoffs. ...Mauled. It wasn't even close -- no Falcons fan can say it was. The whole "Matty Ice" name needs to die as well. He's anything but clutch. Drafting Jones that early is either going to be awesome for them -- or the biggest "lulz" in the NFL.

Turner, White and Ryan don't really strike fear into my eyes as a Tampa fan. IIRC Turner has never rushed for 100-yards against us. Ryan surely doesn't worry me either.
Ryan is clutch, just not in the playoffs. Everything seems to fall apart when the Falcons get to the playoffs, and I'll admit that
I also feel like Turner is declining and he's no longer the threat he was back in 08
but still, Ryan + White, Gonzo, and Julio sounds like a deadly combination if they can get things rolling

There sure are a lot of attacks on Turner considering neither Bush nor Thomas had a 100 yard rushing game against the Falcons and Blout had one (103 yards while the other game was only 46)
Turner actually had 100+ yard games against both the Saints and the Bucs last year
Week 3 @NO- 114 yards
Week 9 vs. TB- 107 yards

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ryan is clutch, just not in the playoffs
Do you know how many last second wins he's led us to?
It's just that everything seems to fall apart when the Falcons get to the playoffs...
I'll be honest, I feel like Turner is declining and he's no longer the threat he was back in 08
but still, Ryan + White, Gonzo, and Julio sounds like a deadly combination if they can get things rolling
There sure are a lot of attacks on Turner considering neither Bush or Thomas had a 100 yard rushing game against the Falcons and Blout had one (103 yards while the other game was only 46)
Turner actually had 100+ yard games against both the Saints and the Bucs last year
Week 3 @NO- 114 yards
Week 9 vs. TB- 107 yards
He's not clutch unless he does it in the playoffs imo

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
your opinion
after the times when he's led us to a last second win in the fourth, I'd consider him somewhat clutch
He's also ended games for yall:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7RSdw6alRpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then of course there was the 49er game last season yall should have lost after he threw that interception, but Nate Clements is a idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%