Website Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me. Whatever can be made quickest and look the best.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
That would be Joomla, because he would have to create all the graphics and code it all and all that. Plus I already have Joomla up and most of it is edited. Just need a skin, then I can finish it up.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't we use a skin we already have? Or something similar?

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Well, maybe instead of Marcum creating a site for $20, he could create a Joomla template if he knows how... If not we would have to get a custom made one somehow unless we can find someone to make us one from here or another board.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well balla did a good job on the retro one. But I don't think he has been on in a while. Maybe PM/e-mail him?

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Its not the graphic design of it, its actually implementing the graphics into the template code thats difficult.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
What ever is going to look better. Looks is a key for websites.

Marcum28

Reaction score
Well its up to the members I guess, its just a lot easier using Joomla to add and edit news daily, and us being an all sports community I am sure there will be a lot of news to add.
The program I use, CutePHP is just as editable, and is a much smaller and convient system to add things.

Marcum28

Reaction score
Well, maybe instead of Marcum creating a site for $20, he could create a Joomla template if he knows how... If not we would have to get a custom made one somehow unless we can find someone to make us one from here or another board.

Sheed, I can try templating it.... do you have AIM so we can talk?

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah pistonsfreak3632 I am on now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sheed just showed me the joomla layout. I like the organization with it. Just need a nice skin for it and I think we could def. use it.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
The program I use, CutePHP is just as editable, and is a much smaller and convient system to add things.
Yea I have used CutePHP its nice and I really like it. With Joomla, its a lot easier and theres a lot more things to add to the articles/news.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
I have known Marcum for a while now and he just keeps getting better and will do his damnest to make sure that the site will go great so my votes for him to make it ;)

Marcum28

Reaction score
Thanks Cej...

Looks like I'm going to take a crack at that templating... looks very simple.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Alright yea, me and Marcum have a little something going on here so we will see what happens and update you guys.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Alright I have been working on this for most of the day, so I thought I would give you guys a rough look so far. I am still adding/removing/editing bits and pieces so this isn't the final product.
http://www.sportzin.com/index.php

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like this so far, Sheed... very good start

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Thanks, I will be working on it for the next few days as much as I can, because I am loaded with homework and work, but I can time to work on it here and there. I am hoping for a launch by mid June. I can probably finish it within the next week actually. Updates will come.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
I really like this so far... maybe add a sports scores widget, quote of the week, standings part, stats and latest SOTW winner and other newest graphics and then umm sim league team leaders and such... photo gallery would not hurt either ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%